IGNORED

Wilbs

Bs4Red

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I said that Wilbrahams reminds me of Steve Torpey. I'm not comparing the two as players. 

How can someone remind you of someone else if you aren't comparing them as players?

Even by your standards that makes very little sense...

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

How can someone remind you of someone else if you aren't comparing them as players?

Even by your standards that makes very little sense...

Both strong and good at holding up defenders and laying the ball off. Both very under paced as well.....Now that's a comparison.

Keep hold of Wilbs! He looks fit enough to do a job for the whole 90 mins against certain teams and for a 20 min burst against others. He's strong, committed, happy here, reliable, true pro and great guy.

Kevin Davies did the same sort of job until he was 38 - Wilbs is a great part of our team spirit, our squad and our passion.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

For many parts at the start of the season Cotts continued to pick him even though he was struggling with a thigh strain, it was taking him longer and longer to recover from knocks received in games and as a result his all round game suffered badly

I'm glad he's got another year - as a bit part player he certainly has many uses and like many others in our squad has been more improved under LJ - if for no other reason than he was given time to recover and get fully fit !

Agree. Cotterill ran him into the ground and we, and ultimately he, suffered for it. Since the change in manager we have used him how he should have been used all season, next season should be more of the same. Hopefully in that year he will bow out gracefully whilst guiding the youngsters through. Would like to see him stay in a coaching role, but not sure if his family have even moved down so maybe he'll be off up north again anyway.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Since the change in manager we have used him how he should have been used all season....

'Should have...' you wrote 'should have...'

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

'Should of...' when it should be 'Should have....' is just SO annoying! Thank you once more!

(God, I need to get out more - The Thekla's open until 6am - might pop in for a cooking sherry....)

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

'Should have...' you wrote 'should have...'

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

'Should of...' when it should be 'Should have....' is just SO annoying! Thank you once more!

(God, I need to get out more - The Thekla's open until 6am - might pop in for a cooking sherry....)

Think you've had enough to be honest, time you head up the stairs to bedminster... :)

Do you not think if we had an upgraded Target man playing they would have got 15/20 goals and people saying Wilbs is good defensively, he gave away 4 goals this year with poor headed clearances and losing his man. 

I think if we had a Chris Martin or Sam Vokes or Chris Wood, they would score 20 or close to that.

If you compare Wilbs to the above 3 players, he doesn't even get to play on the same pitch. Sums up how small a club we are if we're happy to have AW up top for another year.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wilbrahams reminds me of Steve Torpey.

Was thinking the same tbh.   I used to give Torpey stick but we always did seem to win more when he played.  I don't think I really appreciated what he brought, but I do think Wilbs can still contribute when used sparingly and in the right game (Rotherham for one).

9 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Do you not think if we had an upgraded Target man playing they would have got 15/20 goals and people saying Wilbs is good defensively, he gave away 4 goals this year with poor headed clearances and losing his man. 

I think if we had a Chris Martin or Sam Vokes or Chris Wood, they would score 20 or close to that.

If you compare Wilbs to the above 3 players, he doesn't even get to play on the same pitch. Sums up how small a club we are if we're happy to have AW up top for another year.

4 goals is outstanding compared to what the defense and midfield gave away with poor passes/clearances this season

Archived