IGNORED

Match Day Parking

glastonred

Considering that next season City will inevitably attract bigger crowds, and subsequently more strain on nearby streets for drivers trying to find somewhere to park; does anybody know how much it would cost to park at the ground? If it's not too much then I might just consider forking out the fee and relieve myself of the stress of desperately roaming the streets along with scores of other drivers! 

9 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Considering that next season City will inevitably attract bigger crowds, and subsequently more strain on nearby streets for drivers trying to find somewhere to park; does anybody know how much it would cost to park at the ground? If it's not too much then I might just consider forking out the fee and relieve myself of the stress of desperately roaming the streets along with scores of other drivers! 

I paid £120 for all season football and rugby home games at Ashton park school, this was organised through the club due to lack of spaces at ground due to re build. I previously had space in winter stoke rd car park for £120. It sounds expensive but split costs between 4 of us and take it in turns to drive so we can still have a beer.

9 minutes ago, glastonred said:

look up red trousers in the phonebook and give him a bell......loves a mass debate over yellow lines

24 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Hopefully with loads of seats to sell the club will do all they can to improve  transport, including working with the relevant authorities to provide better buses and trains. 

Going by a response to my transport question on the Q&A forum, I don't think the authorities are in the slightest bit interested in helping.

I must admit it really is beginning to wind me up. every time I drive up from Devon I`m thinking where can I park today? Will it be within a mile of the ground? Everything else about matchdays is so much better these days except that. When you don`t get home until 7:15 anyway, you don`t want to have to spend another half hour walking back to the car (I can`t be much later than that anyway as my other half has to go to work) and the only way to get even remotely close to AG is to arrive by about 12:30 which means leaving home at 10:00 (9:00 in the holiday season) for a 3:00 kick off.

It really is beginning to spoil things for me - and don`t get me started on night games!

It.s a pain in butt....Have put me off going when I'm running late. Red trousers have got a lot to answer for.... I used to park my car on the A 370 for over 20 years and it never bothered anyone then all of a sudden there's a warning on my car from our friends from the council saying it will be towed away. Its like they want to make things difficult

3 minutes ago, kevthered said:

It.s a pain in butt....Have put me off going when I'm running late. Red trousers have got a lot to answer for.... I used to park my car on the A 370 for over 20 years and it never bothered anyone then all of a sudden there's a warning on my car from our friends from the council saying it will be towed away. Its like they want to make things difficult

Yep. I used to park going up the hill opposite the cricket club. Never had a problem until one day they decided it should be a clearway.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I paid £110 for a Wickes ST last season.  I know others who paid £130.  Will be renewing, unless there is space at the ground.  I think there is a waiting list though?

How do you go about getting a wickes car pass? 

24 minutes ago, Bcfc2009 said:

www.justpark.com

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. But just wanted to echo this comment and say that Just Park is great- it basically allows you to book and park on other people's driveways who aren't using them. Win-win!

You just download the app and away you go- you can also list your driveway on there if in a desirable location and make some dosh.

Anyway, looking forward to the summer transfer mill and everyone's ITK tomfoolery. 

Cheers.

22 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Spike Island is a good place to park normally but not saying too much info as some may actually take the spots i want.

Thought spike island was now residents parking Monday - saturdaySaturday

49 minutes ago, boatman said:

Thought spike island was now residents parking Monday - saturdaySaturday

Well I have been lucky the past few seasons to get away without a ticket then. Main road is all yellow lines and residents thats all.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must admit it really is beginning to wind me up. every time I drive up from Devon I`m thinking where can I park today? Will it be within a mile of the ground? Everything else about matchdays is so much better these days except that. When you don`t get home until 7:15 anyway, you don`t want to have to spend another half hour walking back to the car (I can`t be much later than that anyway as my other half has to go to work) and the only way to get even remotely close to AG is to arrive by about 12:30 which means leaving home at 10:00 (9:00 in the holiday season) for a 3:00 kick off.

It really is beginning to spoil things for me - and don`t get me started on night games!

Use JustPark and you won't have to worry about any of this ever again. It's what I was hinting at further up the thread. It's a great system that I use for both home and away games. You can rock up at 2:45 if you want, knowing that your space is waiting for you.

Every time this issue comes up someone mentions JustPark so I'm amazed there are still people who don't know about it!

2 hours ago, cynic said:

I can honestly say, that in decades of driving to AG, I can remember no occasions at all where I have had a problem parking within 10 minutes walk.

But then again, I don't expect to roll up at 2.30 and find a parking space.

Common sense dictates that if you arrive early enough, and know the likely parking spaces, you will be fine.

Other times, I've had a lift to the city centre and walked - no problem at all with a couple of watering stops on the way.

I've also got the bus and walked from the stop, no problem.

If you want door to door - get a taxi.

Smug responses like this don't help Cynic. No one is claiming they want door-to-door service and no one is insisting on showing up after 2:30.

The fact is, parking spaces are dwindling as more areas are made double yellow or resident only, while capacity is increasing. Meanwhile there are no indications of any imminent improvements to public transport. That does present a problem.

What if you can't get there before 2? What if you're a new supporter or an away fan who DOESN'T know the "likely spaces"?

12 hours ago, Spoons said:

I paid £120 for all season football and rugby home games at Ashton park school, this was organised through the club due to lack of spaces at ground due to re build. I previously had space in winter stoke rd car park for £120. It sounds expensive but split costs between 4 of us and take it in turns to drive so we can still have a beer.

Question for you @Spoons I've got a permit for Ashton Park School. I've got tickets for Sundays Rugby, does the permit actually cover the Rugby? The guys on the gate didn't seem to think the Rugby used Ashton Park school as a car park. 

The failure of successive Bristol politicians to set up a really decent public transport system that could serve the needs of both football and rugby fans, is a disgrace in a city like Bristol.  The reduction in available parking around Ashton Gate at a time when the capacity of the stadium has increased, will lead to a "wailing and gnashing of teeth" amongst fans next season.  The responsibility must also be shared by Bristol Sport, who have it within their power to arrange parking at Ashton Vale with a shuttle service on match days.  If the new mayor and council do not help, then they should be held to account by City and Bristol Rugby fans. 

Please use your votes wisely today and boycott the Tobacco Factory and all City hating scum that dwell therein!!

Just park is good if you can get reasonable tickets but on a number of occasions this season I have looked the day before and there were only 2 spaces, one up by parsons street (which is difficult for elderly members of our group) and one for the £18. I don't think we need to recommend it as a place to park we need to recommend it to local residents to increase the supply.

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I work away from home so dont get to the night games these days but if i wasnt god knows how i would get there before KO. There really is now way of getting to the ground easily by car or public transport unless you already live in the city centre.

Archived