IGNORED

Match Day Parking

glastonred

11 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Going by a response to my transport question on the Q&A forum, I don't think the authorities are in the slightest bit interested in helping.

That is a massive shame really as it will ultimately just annoy Bristol Sport, football and rugby fans and local residents. 

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must admit it really is beginning to wind me up. every time I drive up from Devon I`m thinking where can I park today? Will it be within a mile of the ground? Everything else about matchdays is so much better these days except that. When you don`t get home until 7:15 anyway, you don`t want to have to spend another half hour walking back to the car (I can`t be much later than that anyway as my other half has to go to work) and the only way to get even remotely close to AG is to arrive by about 12:30 which means leaving home at 10:00 (9:00 in the holiday season) for a 3:00 kick off.

It really is beginning to spoil things for me - and don`t get me started on night games!

I travel back from Hertfordshire most games - I have exactly the same issue. With a journey which takes over two hours without traffic anyway it get annoying needing to leave around 10. 

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

Park in Sainsburys and walk down?

Don't they have restrictions on parking at Sainsburys?

45 minutes ago, Leveller said:

With regard to AV wouldn't it make sense to have a special bus service from the park & ride for home matches?

Would that be a problem to arrange, if all parties were interested?

I'm sure I saw somewhere that unfortunately the council are dragging their heels, especially for night games when fans will be arriving before all the commuters have gone home. It is so close, it may even be possible to walk! 

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Just park is good if you can get reasonable tickets but on a number of occasions this season I have looked the day before and there were only 2 spaces, one up by parsons street (which is difficult for elderly members of our group) and one for the £18. I don't think we need to recommend it as a place to park we need to recommend it to local residents to increase the supply.

I've seen on various local residents ground redevelopment groups advertising for Just Park. However, I believe demand from fans is likely to outweigh supply. There aren't that many houses with drives, and many of these may be in use by the homeowner anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Turbored said:

I work away from home so dont get to the night games these days but if i wasnt god knows how i would get there before KO. There really is now way of getting to the ground easily by car or public transport unless you already live in the city centre.

Night games are where there would appear to be the biggest issue. There seems to be a better bus (and train) service for weekend games. Furthermore, on the weekend people are less likely to be rushing around so are more likely to get to the ground in plenty of time etc. 

Being over 60 I get a Free bus pass so I can get from WOT (to Centre) then to AG (from Anchor rd) the Two busses takes about 40 minutes ….   Getting Home on both a Saturday and Night Matches are not so easy as there far less busses going from the Ashton Underpass to the Centre.

1.      Why don’t Bristol Sport and the Local transport company’s issue Sport Bus passes which could be like the Transport Cards used in London. (like contactless cards and be debited from bank accounts when used) I found it was cheaper to use my bank card for the tube from Hillingdon to Wembly and back for the JPT last year.

2.      Provide More Busses in the hour after games so you could stay and enjoy the after match scene in the various bars etc without having to rush to the bus stop hoping to get on a bus. ( I remember when special busses ran from all over Bristol for matches and the bus drivers were lined around the pitch.. like in the photograph on a previous thread) ABUS do a great job but more could be done.

3.      The Park and rides at LA and Avonmouth could be utilised if busses ran between the two parks stopping at AG en route.

A little Robin told me that Mr Transport at the council was a GasEd  so took a different view to parking in Horfield to the Ashton gate area as there aren’t many if any parking restrictions for Gas Games.

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

Just park is good if you can get reasonable tickets but on a number of occasions this season I have looked the day before and there were only 2 spaces, one up by parsons street (which is difficult for elderly members of our group) and one for the £18. I don't think we need to recommend it as a place to park we need to recommend it to local residents to increase the supply.

Admittedly JustPark is best used when you know well in advance that you're coming.  I book it as soon as I've got my match tickets (I'm a member not STH) which is usually about 4 weeks in advance of the game.  At this point there are many spaces available, usually around a fiver each.

6 hours ago, NYTRAM said:

Question for you @Spoons I've got a permit for Ashton Park School. I've got tickets for Sundays Rugby, does the permit actually cover the Rugby? The guys on the gate didn't seem to think the Rugby used Ashton Park school as a car park. 

It does cover rugby, I checked this before I got ticket for parking. I have twice this season been given alternative parking instead of the school for rugby matches but this only happens if low attendance . 

Ben (spoons)

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Admittedly JustPark is best used when you know well in advance that you're coming.  I book it as soon as I've got my match tickets (I'm a member not STH) which is usually about 4 weeks in advance of the game.  At this point there are many spaces available, usually around a fiver each.

That is my problem - we tend not to know who is going (so which car is going) until the day before the game. I didn't have any problems the season before when justpark was less well known!

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

It does cover rugby, I checked this before I got ticket for parking. I have twice this season been given alternative parking instead of the school for rugby matches but this only happens if low attendance . 

Ben (spoons)

So is it open Sunday?

6 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Pretty sure in Sainsburys they have a marshall on the entrance slip way filming/totting down the car regs and seeing if anyone inside the car is in blatant colours...

They can film and log down my number plate as much as they like. Private car park so not a lot they can do.

17 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

So is it open Sunday?

I will ring tomorrow as just realised it covers all home football and rugby  league games. Sunday is a playoff game so might not count. I will ring club tomorrow and post response

On Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 17:10, Spoons said:

I will ring tomorrow as just realised it covers all home football and rugby  league games. Sunday is a playoff game so might not count. I will ring club tomorrow and post response

OK cheers @Spoons

Did you use it Sunday I got dropped off in the end but will be driving for the final?

2 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

OK cheers @Spoons

Did you use it Sunday I got dropped off in the end but will be driving for the final?

No it's only available for league games! Strange really , lady on phone offered me the chance to park at the Babcock site, £5 . In the end got lift. 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

No it's only available for league games! Strange really , lady on phone offered me the chance to park at the Babcock site, £5 . In the end got lift. 

Looks like I'll be parking at the cricket club then.

Archived