IGNORED

Poor scenes at West Ham

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nope, I remember someone being corrected on their ground name on TV in 1979 - not a sentimental name, just the proper name...

I'm aware it has been used in the past. I'm saying the only reason it is being used now is for sentimental reasons. 

26 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm aware it has been used in the past. I'm saying the only reason it is being used now is for sentimental reasons. 

This 'Boleyn Ground' shit does my head in, I'm 43 and for the first 40 years of my life I'd never once heard it called that. It's Upton Park FFS

54 minutes ago, Super said:

Best fans in the world of course. What bollox.

They are literally a premier league version of the sags, overestimate their worth to football. Why is such a mediocre club getting such a momentous send off?

Did Arsenal get a send off like that when they left Highbury?

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

He's Millwall.

Actually Dell Boy is Chelsea as is Rodney. 

Grandad was a Crystal Palace fan.

Del's father and Uncle Albert supported Millwall.

Del and Rodney's mother supported Charlton Athletic, Rodney's middle name is Charlton.

I know some absolute crap.

6 hours ago, Super said:

Probably the only thing I like about West Ham is Mark Noble always been a class act IMO.

Always rated Noble and always thought he was worthy of an England place. He seems like he would be suited to international football. Tidy player, rarely gives it away and good penalty record!  Barely been given a chance. Hodgson probably didn't even notice his decent showing last night either. 

How the Americans reported it -

After a real long time, it’s time for Westside Hammers to say good bye to their real old soccer stadium.

Older than the Queen of Britain, Uptown Park Bowling Ground opens up its bleachers one last time for the game against the Manchester Unity. After that, centuries of historic soccer history will be smashed up by a bunch of wrecking ball operators and the franchise will go some place new.

But what will soccer fans of the West London based franchise remember about this place? I took a closer look.

Pablo Di Canio’s real nice no-bouncer

Way back in the 2000s, the referee hatin' Italian soccer player scored one of the awesomest goalshot in EPL League history, kicking in a soccer ball real nice against tennis-named franchise Wimbledon.

Swindon Town Press Conference to annouce Paolo Di Canio as their New Manager

Pablo became a the Hammer’s MVP over the years before getting bored and going to the Charleston Atheltes when he was real old.

Jonathan Spector

Of all the guys that have laced up their cleats and done soccer at the Uptown Park Bowling Ground down the years, most Westside Hammers fans will agree that one guy was way better than the rest.

USA v Brazil - FIFA Confederations Cup Final

Making Pablo Di Canio and the rest of the guys look like a bunch of dumbass fat kids that can’t even make it through gym class without getting real sick, former USMNT star Spector was a hero of the guys down at the Tool Shack.

The Chicken Shack

The bleachers in the east side of the stadium were once known as the Chicken Shack, named after the humongous fried chicken restaurant that fans could go get some food from if they got the munchies during the game.

KFC To Stop Using Trans Fats

England Soccer Club won the World Cup

Back in the summer of '69, a Three Lines side made entirely of Westside Hammers soccer players became World Cup world champions of the world, beating Doucheland 4-2 at the Uptown Park Bowling Ground.

As a result, a statue of some of the guys that played soccer that day still stands outside the stadium.

Bryan Robson

Michael Jackson's statue

Although the Prince of Pop was more bothered about climbing trees and stuff than he was about soccer, a statue of him once famously stood outside the Uptown Park Bowling Ground.

Fulham v Blackpool - Premier League

To be honest, nobody knows why. Maybe it had something to do with that song the Westside Hammers fans sing about MJ's pet monkey.

6 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Disgusting London media wankfest coverage of a nothing club in the last couple of days. Another one to add to that list of myth London clubs. 

Yep, I don't remember this fuss when a much, much bigger club left Roker Park.

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well his local club is bristol city aint it he can see the stadium from the mandela flats!

Yes he is definitely City, he bought a property overlooking the City ground and he has been filmed in the car park at Ashton Gate even when it is not match day. He also likened Rovers supporters to having the brains of Trigger.

7 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Actually Dell Boy is Chelsea as is Rodney. 

Grandad was a Crystal Palace fan.

Del's father and Uncle Albert supported Millwall.

Del and Rodney's mother supported Charlton Athletic, Rodney's middle name is Charlton.

I know some absolute crap.

In what episode did Del Boy say he was Chelsea? I thought Del was Millwall? I know Rodney has said in more than one episode he's a Chelsea fan. Also where did Grandad say he was a Palace fan and Uncle Albert say he was a Millwall fan? I know about their father and mother though!

This topic is going random.

I know it ran massively over, but I expected some more fireworks at the end not some cockney reject band that nobody could sing along to then someone switching off the lights. I would be well embarrassed if I were a WHam fan.

I am hoping it was because of a curfew they couldn't do fireworks, lights etc and that cringeworthy ending really wasn't the final thing planned. If it was then the person responsible should be tied to the Greats statue in the High Street in a ManU kit for a day.

Archived