IGNORED

Employer rec'd a anonymous letter regarding me

Fiale

You`d hope it would be treated like we used to at the council when we had anonymous letters containing allegations against tenants. If it wasn`t signed, straight in the bin and no record kept other than a note on the file saying `anonymous letter received, no action taken` but with no indication of it`s contents -  and that was only done in case it kept happening because someone had a grudge or something.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

You would be treated like we used to at t he council when we had anonymous letters containing allegations against tenants. If it wasn`t signed, straight in the bin and no record kept other than a note on the file saying `anonymous letter received, no action taken` but with no indication of it`s contents -  and that was only done in case it kept happening because someone had a grudge or something.

Cant believe all my anon letters to the council ended up in the bin tbh... One official really annoyed me on a regular basis which led to numerous anon complaints about the individual by myself... I never named the guy by name in my letters but identiified him by his odd choice of colourfull atire -his red trousers - ....infact I referred to him as 'the scarlet pimp'.

They knew who I meant and evidently did act on my anon complaints or otherwise how would you explain the fact he no longer works there? .. I reckon he was quietly sacked and my anon letters were instrumental in the scarlet pimps dismissal, so there. 

:)

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Cant believe all my anon letters to the council ended up in the bin tbh... One official really annoyed me on a regular basis which led to numerous anon complaints about the individual by myself... I never named the guy by name in my letters but identiified him by his odd choice of colourfull atire -his red trousers - ....infact I referred to him as 'the scarlet pimp'.

They knew who I meant and evidently did act on my anon complaints or otherwise how would you explain the fact he no longer works there? .. I reckon he was quietly sacked and my anon letters were instrumental in the scarlet pimps dismissal, so there. 

Brilliant expression but wasted now he's gone :(

44 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Brilliant expression but wasted now he's gone :(

Yeah, thats typical of me Aiz, story of my life, I usually get there eventually - but after the bloody horse has already bolted. (Scarlet Pimp hadnt entered my head before making the above post this morning, dammit!)

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

It might be that others did complain about the Scarlet pimp but signed the complaint. Alternatively maybe several verbal complaints were made to management or possibly he was either sacked or "moved" due to imcompetance which the managers would know all about.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It might be others did complain about the  Scarlet pimp but signed the complaint. Alternatively maybe several verbal complaints were made to management or possibly he was either sacked or "moved" due to imcompetance which the managers would know all about.

How many complaints do you think would nornally take to achieve the desired result?

One bloke reckons that around twenty would be plenty.. :)

Quick update: HR got back to me today, she said she had looked into it and spoken to her manager and the letter had not come from them. Told me not to worry and that they would look into matter in the meantime. Later in the day, HR manager rang. Apologised, said/confirmed the letter was not from them, they had very strict practices in regards to their correspondence and the letter I received did not adhere to any of their standard formats, no reference, and no name of the member of the HR team below the signature that would have been my point of contact. They have no letter of complaint and no copy of the letter allegedly sent to me on file either. 

So seems like I have someone at work who was either thinking it would be a funny, silly prank, that then went tits up, or someone who dislikes me. Anyway, all sorted now.

Thanks for the all the advice guys, these things are a little scary when you have not come up against them before. Thanks Again.

Glad it all turned well for you. Very stressful to get letters of that nature and it does sound as if it was a stupid wind up. As you'd never received such a letter from HR  It wouldn't be easy to recognise the letter was a fake. 

Alls well that ends well. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Glad it all turned well for you. Very stressful to get letters of that nature and it does sound as if it was a stupid wind up. As you'd never received such a letter from HR  It wouldn't be easy to recognise the letter was a fake. 

Alls well that ends well. 

Yep, that`s what it sounds like to me. The pillock who thought it would be a great joke to try and ruin someone`s life needs a slap basically - what`s his/her next belly laugh going to be -  falsely report someone to the police for growing cannabis in their attic?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yep, that`s what it sounds like to me. Thesomeone's who thought it would be a great  joke to try and ruin someone`s life needs a slap basically - what`s his/her next belly laugh going to be -  falsely report someone to the police for growing cannabis in their attic?

Hmm, that really would be some blow!  

I'd be highly annoyed if some idiot did that to me, I'd more than likely hit the roof!

Pleased your 'problem' turned out to be just a mindless 'prank', its not big or clever to ruin someones entire weekend ... 'for a laugh' or indeed as an act of 'wilful invictiveness' if that was the writers intention.

Archived