IGNORED

Do we Hate the Millwall?

reddogkev

Seems like a long time since Millwall have been discussed on here.

So with them playing Bradford today, do we still hate them and do we want them in the same league as us?

Now, I haven't heard anything too unsavoury from their lot for a while... are they still a feisty mob, or have they cleaned up their act???

I didnt realse untill about midday yesterday that they were playing and I have ended up in Bradford with nothing to do between 11:00 and 16:00 so popped over and got a ticket (bargain at £15). I will be supporting (ish) Bradford - the hassle and cost of playing Millwall for the police and club is something I would rather avoid.

24 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I didnt realse untill about midday yesterday that they were playing and I have ended up in Bradford with nothing to do between 11:00 and 16:00 so popped over and got a ticket (bargain at £15). I will be supporting (ish) Bradford - the hassle and cost of playing Millwall for the police and club is something I would rather avoid.

why are you going if youd rather avoid it?

32 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Seems like a long time since Millwall have been discussed on here.

So with them playing Bradford today, do we still hate them and do we want them in the same league as us?

Now, I haven't heard anything too unsavoury from their lot for a while... are they still a feisty mob, or have they cleaned up their act???

near enough every game away theres been aggro just youtube it

theyre still nuts

5 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

why are you going if youd rather avoid it?

He said that he doesn't want the hassle of the police prescence and the crowd trouble when they played us. Nothing about watching them as a neutral. I think he made that fairly clear.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

How can anyone just end up in Bradford on a Sunday afternoon with nothing to do?  

I don't hate Millwall.  And I think they're much better than they were. West Ham-Millwall games are always going to be fraught affairs but I enjoyed my last trip to the New Den to watch City (especially as we won) and would rather they went up out of all the teams in the play-offs, just because it's easy for me to get there!

32 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

How can anyone just end up in Bradford on a Sunday afternoon with nothing to do?  

good spot - I have asked myself that for about the last 8 weeks!

The misses has training and it was so much cheeper for me to drive and stay over night (£100) than for her to catch the train (£170) that i did the supportive BF bit and drove.

I enjoy games that have an extra edge about them I.e. Rovers, Swindon, Cardiff, Plymouth, Wolves and I'd certainly place Millwall in that category. Anyone who thinks they no longer have trouble makers would be in for a nasty surprise should we have them first game of the season at the new Ashton Gate on a sunny August Saturday afternoon. It may be that we would need to rebuild the ground again after that fixture.

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

near enough every game away theres been aggro just youtube it

theyre still nuts

I remember back in the mid 80's I was having a prematch sharpener in the Try Again , police were everywhere as Millwall fans were running amok in North St. All of a sudden a group of about 10 Millwall fans burst in, hit the first bloke nearest the entrance and then ran away just as quickly as they had come and the whole thing lasted about 5 seconds. It was the most bizarre experience.

It's to cliche to not like Millwall, without any valid reason these days. Name the last time you heard of any trouble amongst their fans?

I know a few of their fans as well and they are among the funniest and driest people I've ever met.

I like Millwall.

I don't like any London clubs*.

"Oh we hate Cockneys and we hate Cockneys,  we hate Cockneys and we hate Cockneys, we hate Cockneys and we hate Cockneys. We are the Cockney  ....... haters."

Right now I'm on a train in Sussex full of ****** Palace fans. Gits one and all.

* personal reasons make a difference - AFC Wimbledon are exempt. 

13 minutes ago, redfred said:

It's to cliche to not like Millwall, without any valid reason these days. Name the last time you heard of any trouble amongst their fans?

I know a few of their fans as well and they are among the funniest and driest people I've ever met.

I like Millwall.

Amongst their fans?

Well, this was quite memorable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2309080/Millwall-fans-violence-FA-Cup-semi-final-Wembley-v-Wigan.html

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That was three years ago and much like we attract day tripping support for big games at Wembley, this was proven to be some of their day tripping support getting pissed up and playing up.

We've had similar amongst our own support in the Atyeo this season and straight of the top of my head I can think of Saints, Wolves and Sheff U away where our fans have fought amongst themselves.

Unlike Millwall, our reputation doesn't proceed us so much and it didn't get widely reported.

57 minutes ago, redfred said:

I like Millwall.

a coach load unloaded about an 1 1/2 hours ago outside bradfords ground looking to kick the living shit out of anyone that wasn't on the coach.

Going back to the mid 80s and there were some right old ding dongs between us & Millwall. I went to the Old Den back in 85 I think and our Knowle West friends took a coach load from the Venture Inn and let's just say it kicked off big time

i was in the away end and have never experienced a day like that in all my life, it was excitement mixed with fear especially as the coaches travelled down the old Kent road and got pelted by glasses from their pubs.

whether there is still a bit of dislike or opportunity for a ruck remains to be seen but always brings back some memories for me

I missed the 80s, so my first experience of Millwall was 91 - both of us were chasing a play-off spot with only a handful of games to go. The game could have gone either way such were the chances that fell, unfortunately they had Teddy Sheringham and we didn't. We lost 4-1 and the atmosphere behind the goal was pure hate. I remember afterward in the park there must have been well in excess of over a thousand city waiting for them. I'm led to believe city took a battering though before the game at the Spring Gardens or something? Have several more Millwall memories from the 90s, including the time City went into their west stand after the match with most of millwall on the pitch. I'm not a hooligan, but always enjoyed having high tension encounters where you could feel something in the air in the hours leading up to kick-off. It does lend the occasion an edge you don't often get, and I'm all for that. I'd love to see them go up! 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1222962.stm

remember this from 2001, totally kicked off after the game,

fans were on the pitch, some ripping out seats in the east end and launching into williams and some trying to throw them over the roof of the east end (note sure why)

Millwall players led by Sean Dyche completely smashed up the away dressing room

horrible club, sure they will have a nice time up muller road at the cabbage patch next season

After the Fulham away game a couple of months ago we got chatting to a couple of stewards. We warned them about the Gas, Fulham looked like they were going to be relegated at the time. One of them genuinely didn't know there were two Bristol teams which made us laugh. Anyway we asked about teams they had the most trouble with Millwall and Luton they said, Millwall even fight with themselves.

And by the way, they were prewarned that we like our flares

Archived