IGNORED

Mark Ashton has a one hour interview on Radio Bristol

5 minutes ago, Griffin said:

He added: “Our phones are very busy and I’m surprised with the amount of enquiries we’re getting from agents with regards to their players wanting to join Bristol City. 

Is that cos they've tried online and kept getting an error message? :D 

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Do we know for sure he's talking about Bristol City?  I've heard a rumour that he's going to be talking about his beloved vinyl collection and his skill as a taxidermist.

Well you can stuff that then!

32 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Heard a brief clip this morning and he seemed very positive about the quality of people wanting to come here.

Stated that people are beginning to realise that something is happening at Bristol City.

Should be an interesting listen

If they all have Ashton as the surname then we should start to be very afraid    :shocking:

9 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

You couldn't make our fans up, not so long ago lots of people were moaning we never hear from our club now we do they still get moaned at! 

Agree.  An hour's interview will be hard to fill without any confirmed signings so he will have to fill and undoubtedly it'll be a bit corporate.  Personally, I'd prefer that than giving any details on potential targets that would alert rivals clubs and so threaten the deal.  Prefer he keeps schtum until they are done.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why does that matter old man? Surely people can see past that. So far - based on January - he's done a very good job. People should given him the benefit of the doubt.

It certainly appeared that way, that didn't it? Until, months later, we discover from Lee Tomlin that the reason he joined City was because his best mate is here. So Mark Little gets the credit for that signing!

26 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Agree.  An hour's interview will be hard to fill without any confirmed signings so he will have to fill and undoubtedly it'll be a bit corporate.  Personally, I'd prefer that than giving any details on potential targets that would alert rivals clubs and so threaten the deal.  Prefer he keeps schtum until they are done.

If he has some time to fill, perhaps he can come up with some of his ideas as to which footballers  he would like to see presenting TV programmes and why.

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If he has some time to fill, perhaps he can come up with some of his ideas as to which footballers  he would like to see presenting TV programmes and why.

Gotta double like that.  Bet he could keep it going all summer in his own!!!  Maybe cryptically for the new signings?

50 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

His words on the website this morning are encouraging ...about there being heightened interest in the club from players, agents and so on.

I am hoping that's true and positive, not calling him a liar btw. But wasn't it him who predicted we would be amazed and surprised about the quality of candidates for Cotterill's job. I'll guess I'll never know if I would have been.

24 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Completely missed my point. What I tried to say was he'll be judged on the players he brings in, that's it.

Of course, but in his role he is obliged to update fans on transfer policy. Not necessarily you, but so many have a negative suspicion about him for absolutely no reason on here.

1 hour ago, Hillzider said:

Heard a brief clip this morning and he seemed very positive about the quality of people wanting to come here.

Stated that people are beginning to realise that something is happening at Bristol City.

Should be an interesting listen

He said the same about management and we ended up with LJ - nothing against him as he's done a brilliant job, but Ashton was talking as though big names were interested. It seemed a bit like all talk at the time, this might end up being the same.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

He said the same about management and we ended up with LJ - nothing against him as he's done a brilliant job, but Ashton was talking as though big names were interested. It seemed a bit like all talk at the time, this might end up being the same.

How do you know big names weren't interested?

5 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

In today's Mark Ashton sweepstakes, I have:-

8 'Process'

3 'DNA'

and just

2 'Synergy'

Think I may be a bit on the low side. 

What about "creating the brand", and "growing the product": odds on those?

I'm ok with him doing interviews - Going forward they serve as an opportunity for offline fan engagement that can deliver world class communication and the restating of our target oriented goals which leads us to reinforce our belief that an emerging culture change is working effectively. We are all impressed to see that leading-edge paradigm shifts are going to significantly improve our results. We need to hear quality-oriented mission statement that delivers a synergistic solutions-oriented pathway to progressive ongoing success.

Only by utilising the talents within our skill set can we dynamically exploit market-driven opportunities in our target areas.

CR

2 hours ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

You couldn't make our fans up, not so long ago lots of people were moaning we never hear from our club now we do they still get moaned at! 

Tis the same as politics.  Red says Blue should do X.  Blue does X and Red not happy.

Archived