IGNORED

Mark Ashton has a one hour interview on Radio Bristol

I think to be honest, whilst most people hoped we would get Tomlin, I think deep down most of us all thought he would be elsewhere come preseason.

Still not signed with anyone else though, so until he does, let's keep fingers crossed. Just hope we don't spend all summer chasing him and nobody else.

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Mark Ashton doesn't shag..........................He delivers a world class climactic fulfilment experience

Come again?

2 hours ago, Kodjia said:

I'm shocked that we don't have a head of technical recruitment (stats man) and such a poor recruitment team before MA was appointed

I'm not...I've been banging on about this for years, as well as others...and many wouldn't believe we were that bad.

You should have seen it pre SoD....it was amateur beyond belief...only SL's money got us to where we were before.

I found Mark Ashton to be more believable in a football sense than any previous occupants of this position in all of it's guises in the past. And I go back a long way with clowns like Tony Rance and Sexstone.

Yes he does use some "business" speak but would we be impressed if he talked like someone in your local pub after half a dozen ciders? He will be dealing with some very slick operators at other clubs let alone all the smarty pants agents.

At present it's only my impression of him that we will be more professional in recruitment than we have normally been. We'll only be able to tell at the start of August.

Re Tomlin - I don't think he's in a position to say anything....so I won't be reading anything into his comments.  All I will say is that he'd be one helluva coup if we do get him.

Lots of stuff on Twitbook re Matthews wanting it all sorted out by the start of the Euros.  If any of it true, it looks a real goer.

Will Keane also starting to gain momentum, Australia this LJ and his links to Man Utd?

1 hour ago, kingswood red said:

Did he leave any DNA?

57 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Come again?

No, he's far to busy synergising to repeat any successful goal achievement task. He moves on to priority goal centrc targeted objectives.

As you do

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I found Mark Ashton to be more believable in a football sense than any previous occupants of this position in all of it's guises in the past. And I go back a long way with clowns like Tony Rance and Sexstone.

Yes he does use some "business" speak but would we be impressed if he talked like someone in your local pub after half a dozen ciders? He will be dealing with some very slick operators at other clubs let alone all the smarty pants agents.

At present it's only my impression of him that we will be more professional in recruitment than we have normally been. We'll only be able to tell at the start of August.

What was wrong with Tony Rance?

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

'Rowt...we need two gert biggums at the back, just like that bloke from Swindon...Taylor or summat.

Two fast nippy wingers...gottal play wingers, it's what we do innit...

One 'ard bastard like Gerry Gow or Nor'n Hunter in the middle....gotta show em who's boss like...**** em up a bit...

Some bloke with flair, but can't keep fit, or looks unfit...someone like Jackie, Tomlin, Noble, Trundle, JET...it's another thing we do...innit!

Then some gert big lump up front...mixture of Robbie Turner and Bob Taylor will do...all thighs, wrist bands and tattoo's...gotta be imposing innit.

Get one of them goalies that never looks tall enough and can't kick...but can throw himself around like a cat...you know the sort...the one's where the defence haven't got a clue what he's gonna do next...always entertaining.

No gingers...no head bands...no ponytails...and all gotta wear black boots.

Jobs a good 'en...that'll get yer promotion me babbers...'

If Carlsberg did otib recruitment ;-)

In regards to Tomlin, I've always said if it were to happen, it'll probably be later in the summer. As it stands; Bournemouth have not played their final match so those "talks" haven't happened yet. Tomlin, if not needed at Bournemouth, could still have options in the lower premier league. Middlesbrough could maybe have him back? He could be a second or third option for some clubs and if they miss out he could get a call. I don't think it was ever on the cards to get him early. Tell him we'll have him if he doesn't get his prem move and move on to other targets and monitor his situation. We have plenty of positions that need filled so he can be the icing on the cake in August so to speak. 

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Re Tomlin - I don't think he's in a position to say anything....so I won't be reading anything into his comments.  All I will say is that he'd be one helluva coup if we do get him.

Lots of stuff on Twitbook re Matthews wanting it all sorted out by the start of the Euros.  If any of it true, it looks a real goer.

Will Keane also starting to gain momentum, Australia this LJ and his links to Man Utd?

Obivously missed all the Matthews chat, Dave. Is this Matthews wanting it sorted before the Euros?

Will Keane is the lad from United? Presumably on loan? Can't work out the Australia bit....can you elaborate please??

8 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Obivously missed all the Matthews chat, Dave. Is this Matthews wanting it sorted before the Euros?

Will Keane is the lad from United? Presumably on loan? Can't work out the Australia bit....can you elaborate please??

Yes, Matthews calling the shots....Twitter rumours only.

Yes, Keane from Man Utd....not Roy though!

Australia....that is my iPad Pro auto correcting "assume".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36113949

Just watching this interview back, and it's great how he and the club have delivered on A LOT of the points he makes here.

"We'll be looking at all the leagues, home and abroad." We've signed O'Dowda (L2), Brownhill (technically L1), Tomlin & O'Neil (Prem). And ofcourse, our international signing of Magnusson.

He's also stated here that we'll be looking that the premier league U21s... I wonder who? *cough cough* Abraham? (maybe, i hope!).

Being able to do a deal with a massive club like Juventus without anyone over here catching wind until it was at a stage where our media team just had to announce it speaks volumes in itself. 

Reading back through this thread many people gave him stick, but now he's delivering on his 'corporate talk' he's most definitely proved his worth to our football club. 

And no doubt LJ and Des Taylor have had a big hand in identifying, but at the end of the day it's the money side of things that make deals happen, and Mark Ashton has and will continue to deliver. 

His appointment in my eyes was just as important as bringing in LJ. 

A couple more through the door and this is going to be an exciting season.

COYR

5 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Just watching this interview back, and it's great how he and the club have delivered on A LOT of the points he makes here.

"We'll be looking at all the leagues, home and abroad." We've signed O'Dowda (L2), Brownhill (technically L1), Tomlin & O'Neil (Prem). And ofcourse, our international signing of Magnusson.

He's also stated here that we'll be looking that the premier league U21s... I wonder who? *cough cough* Abraham? (maybe, i hope!).

Being able to do a deal with a massive club like Juventus without anyone over here catching wind until it was at a stage where our media team just had to announce it speaks volumes in itself. 

Reading back through this thread many people gave him stick, but now he's delivering on his 'corporate talk' he's most definitely proved his worth to our football club. 

And no doubt LJ and Des Taylor have had a big hand in identifying, but at the end of the day it's the money side of things that make deals happen, and Mark Ashton has and will continue to deliver. 

COYR

Well said. Yep, you can spout as much corporate bull as you like, so long as you deliver. And he has. 

16 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

COYR

Indeed.

in most of our lives the smooth talking 'suit' sent down from head office is usually an absolute **** who understands nothing about the job you do, this is where I guess the kneejerk reactions came from.

It appears this one can actually deliver, long may it continue!

• Admin
15 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Well said. Yep, you can spout as much corporate bull as you like, so long as you deliver. And he has. 

Ultimately as supporters that is what we will judge him on - have to say I was 50/50 about him (mind you I was about Cotts too).

Hats off for the job done !

Archived