IGNORED

Permberton

Pembo obviously seems a good guy. I feel though that people get blinded by the fact we did pretty well with him as caretaker and that he shows passion.

Those two things don't necessarily make him the best possible man to be our assistant manager.

I, like almost everyone else who posts here, have no inside knowledge about the club. I've got no idea if he's a good coach or how well he's liked by our players.

If LJ thinks he will work better with Wright and that our players will benefit from replacing Pemberton then I'll trust his judgement. The views of the manager should and will always supersede that of the assistant.

Who knows though, there might be room for both?

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

the tweet was from when Cotts went - it was just highlighted at the end of the season

Eh? Unless I'm missing something Cotts left in January and that tweet was on the 10th April, replying to when someone asked him if he was going to be at the club next season...

• Admin
1 hour ago, !james said:

Eh? Unless I'm missing something Cotts left in January and that tweet was on the 10th April, replying to when someone asked him if he was going to be at the club next season...

Read the thread quoted above again

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pembo obviously seems a good guy. I feel though that people get blinded by the fact we did pretty well with him as caretaker and that he shows passion.

Those two things don't necessarily make him the best possible man to be our assistant manager.

I, like almost everyone else who posts here, have no inside knowledge about the club. I've got no idea if he's a good coach or how well he's liked by our players.

If LJ thinks he will work better with Wright and that our players will benefit from replacing Pemberton then I'll trust his judgement. The views of the manager should and will always supersede that of the assistant.

Who knows though, there might be room for both?

I would also add he supposidely was pretty quick to identify at a recent fan's event that he did try to impress upon SC the need to revert to 4 at the back... but nonetheless he didn't convince, he suggested SC took none of his opinions on board, but yet he was content to stick it out being an ignored AM...?

49 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I would also add he supposidely was pretty quick to identify at a recent fan's event that he did try to impress upon SC the need to revert to 4 at the back... but nonetheless he didn't convince, he suggested SC took none of his opinions on board, but yet he was content to stick it out being an ignored AM...?

This is the reason they wont be working together again......

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

We'll see.

10 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

The timing of it all just may be a coincidence but ......................

1 hour ago, ashtonphil said:

I'm pretty certain that Pemberton wouldn't go with Cotterrill if he gets another job.

Based upon information I was given by someone I know who works at the club. As always I cannot reveal my source

Where do you think SC will be managing then AW? Will imagine he will be back in work by start of season as he is too good to be out of work. Looking at betting site odds for next manager at various clubs the shortest price he is for any job is 10/1 and that is for Bolton job. Going by that nothing seems imminent.

Archived