IGNORED

Permberton

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tommy Wright in for Wade I reckon.

Presumably he wouldn't want to take much of a pay cut from being Barnsley assistant to come here. I would imagine we pay Wade Elliot less than what Wright is on now

If this happens, we'll have to match his pay and indicates we are trying to ramp up the u21/first team link and give that role more importance.

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Why, doesn't LJ like Wade? 

Don't think it's that, just heard it may not be working out for WE.

51 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Presumably he wouldn't want to take much of a pay cut from being Barnsley assistant to come here. I would imagine we pay Wade Elliot less than what Wright is on now

If this happens, we'll have to match his pay and indicates we are trying to ramp up the u21/first team link and give that role more importance.

Yeah, it'd be a move down for Wright so maybe I'm wrong. Just can't see where else he'd fit in, unless we're going to have another coach working with the first team which isn't unheard of I suppose.

Maybe something similar to Spurs and other top clubs have:

Head Coach: LJ

Assistant Head Coach: JP

First Team Coach: TW

1 hour ago, cynic said:

TBF is was a bit of "jobs for the boys" when Wade got that job with no relative experience.

But a shame if he has to go, he's got a lot to offer.

He's just done up a house in BS3 and his Mrs. said they were looking forward to settling in Bristol with their new born after living like nomads for years. Such is the life of people in professional football I suppose.

I don't mind that in regards to the under 21's as it helps him build up experience and they all have to start somewhere

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Don't think it's that, just heard it may not be working out for WE.

Yeah, it'd be a move down for Wright so maybe I'm wrong. Just can't see where else he'd fit in, unless we're going to have another coach working with the first team which isn't unheard of I suppose.

Maybe something similar to Spurs and other top clubs have:

Head Coach: LJ

Assistant Head Coach: JP

First Team Coach: TW

If TW is coming here, that kinda set up sounds good.

On 31 May 2016 at 17:17, Ashtonwurzel said:

This probably has more to do with Pemberton going to join SC at his new club, Bolton ? and we are needing a replacement.

Are you mad? It's old news that SC can't stand Pemberton, I would say he wood be the last person Cotts would consider giving a job too!? Pemberton is obviously well liked at the club, he always seems to keep his job when management are replaced. Would be interesting to see where Pemberton will be redistributed if LJ brings in a new assistant......? 

10 hours ago, cynic said:

TBF is was a bit of "jobs for the boys" when Wade got that job with no relative experience.

But a shame if he has to go, he's got a lot to offer.

He's just done up a house in BS3 and his Mrs. said they were looking forward to settling in Bristol with their new born after living like nomads for years. Such is the life of people in professional football I suppose.

I would have thought that LJ could relate to wade and the progression of his coaching career. When he was given the Oldham and Barnsley jobs there were many that questioned if he had the experience to do the job. Whilst LJ is a former player he never achieved success at a high level which is why I'm guessing he went into management. Wade and many young coaches and managers who have played at a high level have something that no FAcoaching qualification can offer the young players....experience. It would be a shame to lose Pemberton but like many say it's part and parcel of the job.

10 hours ago, Mike B_arnes said:

I would have thought that LJ could relate to wade and the progression of his coaching career. When he was given the Oldham and Barnsley jobs there were many that questioned if he had the experience to do the job. Whilst LJ is a former player he never achieved success at a high level which is why I'm guessing he went into management. Wade and many young coaches and managers who have played at a high level have something that no FAcoaching qualification can offer the young players....experience. It would be a shame to lose Pemberton but like many say it's part and parcel of the job.

Pembo's not going anywhere

Archived