IGNORED

England vs Portugal

BRISTOL86

Continuing with my run of match day threads for meaningless friendlies, who's tuning in tonight?

Interesting selection tonight with Rooney, Kane and Vardy all starting. 

Shame Ronaldo is missing for Portugal, would have been very interesting to see this defence try and cope with a top player!

England XI: Hart, Walker, Rose, Smalling, Cahill, Dier, Milner, Alli, Rooney, Kane, Vardy

Guessing that's Dier in front of the back 4 and Rooney behind the strikers. Is this an indication of Woy's favoured XI and system? 

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Continuing with my run of match day threads for meaningless friendlies, who's tuning in tonight?

Interesting selection tonight with Rooney, Kane and Vardy all starting. 

Shame Ronaldo is missing for Portugal, would have been very interesting to see this defence try and cope with a top player!

England XI: Hart, Walker, Rose, Smalling, Cahill, Dier, Milner, Alli, Rooney, Kane, Vardy

Guessing that's Dier in front of the back 4 and Rooney behind the strikers. Is this an indication of Woy's favoured XI and system? 

Thought Roy (not Woy, he's an ex City manager, during the darkest period in our history, respect) said no-one should read too much into this starting eleven?

Could be trying to put the Russians off the scent though!

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Wouldn't be too displeased with it, though be surprised if he doesn't find a place for Sterling, he seems to really rate him. 

Would Prob pick Clyne in front of Walker although really isn't much between them in fairness.

32 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Don't normally watch or have any interest in international friendlies, but we have a split household so we will all be watching tonight :)

Nice to see you on our forum discussing our international team. I think your very slowly becoming one of us! :thumbsup:

Archived