IGNORED

Wade Elliott Leaves...

Silvio Dante

21 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

The Post had the correct story .. Looks like they just Waded in a bit too soon. ... I remember when the B E P used to be a 3 *** paper but that was years ago.. No Stars  now!

I thought that the stars indicated the édition .

Later éditions having three stars and Sometimes more up to the minute news.

Yes , the Bristol Evening Post used to be a NEWSpaper .

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

It's a fair point. It's been disrupted quite a few times over recent years.

Agree. Hopefully this is one last big overhaul and from then on just a few tweaks. Shame to see Wade leave, but I guess he was pretty fortunate being able to gain that experience without moving clubs when he finished playing last season.

If in a year or so time we have an academy that we see as being hugely beneficial it will have been a good and right decision. I appreciate that it might take years to see real rewards but for all we spend on it right now we see very little product. This has to change.

Pembo will be here. I said it a few months back, not only is he highly regarded as a good coach as well as a passionate man etc - he has a good working relationship with SL and the board. When Cotts threw his hissy fit for 5 months Pembo was the one who spoke to the board.

I like Wade, and I'm gutted to see him leave, but if we want to take our developmental talent seriously then we need to invest in experienced staff to handle our increasing academy. As has been said plenty of times, the academy needs some consistency. It's been tinkered with heavily since the days of McInnes, and I'd argue that our appointment for U21 is probably as important as who our manager is. It needs to be a top-quality coach with a proven track record of developing young talent into first-team players.

Loved the time he gave the ball away in his own half and opposition scored from it then straight from kick off he ran through all oppositions midfield and defence and slotted the ball past the keeper, what a captain!

I will be sad to see him go he is a top class professional and i wish him all the best in the future, good luck and thank you Wade!

51 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Wade and Waggy gone, both excellent servants and, by the sound of things, hugely popular with players and staff. Thanks to both, football can be a cruel game sometimes. 

Let's hope this isn't a repeat of last year's Summer shambles and the naming of some replacement real 'wow' players and coaches is imminent.

Wilbs must be next...

Not particularly comfortable about the swift departure without a replacement and very cut throat to say 'Elliott is Leaving' on the website.

I have no idea about his abilities as a manager, losing players/coaches for the sake of a restructuring doesn't fill me with hope. An integral part of a team 'once in a generation' and sorely missed last year it's a shame to see him move on.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was an ideal story to test the post's reliability to keep info under wraps until the club announce anything. Evidently it isn't great. 

There are a lot of assumptions being made here...

For all we know Wade may have chosen to leave.

He's spoken before about not being sure as to whether football coaching is for him.

As the website says... '

The club is in the process of restructuring its coaching setup and, FOLLOWING DETAILED DISCUSSIONS, the 37-year-old will depart BS3. 

He may have felt he wasn't suited to the new structuring process....it works both ways.

However...I admired him as a footballer and generous human being.

Whatever the reason for him going, for me the guys a legend, captain fantastic for that season and seemingly a top guy.  Best of luck in whatever he does next,  wherever that may be. 

But it is a shame we couldn't keep him on in some capacity, if he was willing; surely our midfield could learn from him and his experience? 

3 hours ago, tomo said:

oskar43213-3070603_478x359.jpg

3 hours ago, tomo said:

Elliott and Oscar!

Oskar is going to be gutted. I rang his mum earlier as she hadn't heard the news, her reaction was to swear and then say she might not tell Oskar until he gets back from his upcoming holiday so as not to upset him too much beforehand :( 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

He's spoken before about not being sure as to whether football coaching is for him.

As the website says... '

The club is in the process of restructuring its coaching setup and, FOLLOWING DETAILED DISCUSSIONS, the 37-year-old will depart BS3. 

He may have felt he wasn't suited to the new structuring process....it works both ways.

Do you know about the 'nut meg' in training Spud? That certain U21 player will be happy WE has gone.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

As the website says... '

I don't read it that way at all Spud,

Glaringly obvious he's been sacked to make way for Tommy Wright.  Expect to see Pembo taking over the u21 role thus freeing a slot for Wright to come in as LJ's no 2/Assistant ......exactly as he was at Oldham and Barnsley.

Did a great job for us on and off the pitch in an important season. Captained one of the most confident, ruthless and professional City sides I've watched. You did us proud Wade, hope you're equally as successful in whatever you do next.

He'll always have a special place in my heart as he scored what was to be the last ever goal my dad and I saw together, against MK Dons.

Seems like the right sort of character/experience to have at the club so I'm a little disappointed at this. If he wanted to leave, I wish him all the best. If it was the other way around, I really hope we know what we're doing.

2 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

Do you know about the 'nut meg' in training Spud? That certain U21 player will be happy WE has gone.

Jesus seriously...an u21 player was unhappy he got megged.  Oh sensitive little flower.

i suggest a change of a career from him.....

as for wade, one off the most influential player on and off the field in years possibly since Tinnion.

Double Winning Captain and gave more to this club that the man responsible for his departure. 

Still as we learned from his playing Career LJ has to be the biggest man at the club, like father like soon at the club and he couldn't have a fan favourite in his coaching setup up.

sad times 

4 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Jesus seriously...an u21 player was unhappy he got megged.  Oh sensitive little flower.

as for wade, one off the most influential player on and off the field in years possibly since Tinnion.

Double Winning Captain and gave more to this club that the man responsible for his departure. 

Still as we learned from his playing Career LJ has to be the biggest man at the club, like father like soon at the club and he couldn't have a fan favourite in his coaching setup up.

sad times 

Any excuse to slate LJ eh?

is it not possible it's a mutual thing? Wade Elliott has said multiple times he was unsure whether coaching was right for him.

2 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

I certainly do fella...probably not the time or place to talk about it though, now he's leaving.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I don't read it that way at all Spud,

Glaringly obvious he's been sacked to make way for Tommy Wright.  Expect to see Pembo taking over the u21 role thus freeing a slot for Wright to come in as LJ's no 2/Assistant ......exactly as he was at Oldham and Barnsley.

Maybe sacked,maybe contract up or paid up, maybe offered another role, maybe offered another job to work alongside Tommy Wright...who knows.

But until anyone knows for sure, it's not worth speculating.

At the end of the day he's leaving, and i'm sure he'll receive a great reception whenever he returns.

My own thoughts...however nice a guy he is, and whatever he's done for the Club in the past, perhaps City are now looking for someone with a lot more experience in knowing how to coach and develop U21's....

5 minutes ago, Bowie said:

sad times 

I'll think you'll find the sensitivity was on the other foot...The U21 player nut megged WE in training...the result was uncharacteristic to say the least. ;-)

Perhaps from your interpretation you would want W E to change his career then?

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'll think you'll find the sensitivity was on the other foot...The U21 player nut megged WE in training...the result was uncharacteristic to say the least. ;-)

Perhaps from your interpretation you would want W E to change his career then?

Well this is awkward... 

57 minutes ago, Bowie said:

sad times 

What a wally you are .

1 hour ago, City169 said:

Any excuse to slate LJ eh?

is it not possible it's a mutual thing? Wade Elliott has said multiple times he was unsure whether coaching was right for him.

Indeed I think LJ is a vile little c@nt I won't hold back, just don't like the bloke or the player, but hey I'd imagine he'll be gone by Christmas. 

elliott on the other hand was great for this club on and off the field and a positive influence for many.

based on wade's comments this evening and in recent weeks firmly doesn't look like it was his choice to leave. 

Just hope Pembo isn't the next out the door

9 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Indeed I think LJ is a vile little c@nt I won't hold back, just don't like the bloke or the player, but hey I'd imagine he'll be gone by Christmas. 

elliott on the other hand was great for this club on and off the field and a positive influence for many.

based on wade's comments this evening and in recent weeks firmly doesn't look like it was his choice to leave. 

Just hope Pembo isn't the next out the door

So lee hasn't been great for us this season? 

Keep that head buried, the rest of us will enjoy what he has done for us so far. League 1 wasn't looking nice

Archived