IGNORED

Responses to the "disturbances" at England v Russia

22A

Responses to the England - Russia game as reported on the radio today.
1. Roy Hodgson & Wayne Rooney call for fans to behave themselves and be calm etc.
2. A member of the Russian Parliament who is also one of the Russian FA Directors has stated "I see nothing wrong with fans fighting. Most people who go to football matches want to fight. Good on you lads, keep it going"

I trust UEFA will bear that in mind should they decided to expel any nation from the competition. I doubt it though as in just two years time, Russia host the next World Cup.

1 hour ago, 22A said:
Responses to the England - Russia game as reported on the radio today.
1. Roy Hodgson & Wayne Rooney call for fans to behave themselves and be calm etc.
2. A member of the Russian Parliament who is also one of the Russian FA Directors has stated "I see nothing wrong with fans fighting. Most people who go to football matches want to fight. Good on you lads, keep it going"

I trust UEFA will bear that in mind should they decided to expel any nation from the competition. I doubt it though as in just two years time, Russia host the next World Cup.

Well, I guess as Russia gets away with invading Ukraine , annexing Crimea and taking down an innocent passenger plane then 150 highly trained Ultra thugs intent on serious and indiscriminate violence are quite mild in comparison and hardly surprising that a Russian politician would se nothing wrong.

I get so fed up of these morons ( whatever nationality) highjacking our sport. For me, it's already tarnished the competition. Rightly or wrongly and IMO, if there's much more of it then I'd gladly support a disqualification of the Country whose fans are guilty. Wearing balaclava's and scarves to hide their identity is a big clue to intent.

Some matches are being played without segregation so you have to question those Countries who continually have a minority of  fan's that are unable to support their team without being intent on violence.

After a campaign led by the FA against the administration of UEFA and FIFA respectively I can see nothing but UEFA ignoring the overwhelming evidence of the Russian behaviour and throwing the book at England. 

It will be a stich up of biblical proportions.....UEFA cannot wait. 

2 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

After a campaign led by the FA against the administration of UEFA and FIFA respectively I can see nothing but UEFA ignoring the overwhelming evidence of the Russian behaviour and throwing the book at England. 

It will be a stitch up of biblical proportions.....UEFA cannot wait. 

All played out in full view of the media, everyone… :blink:

time to leave UEFA, FIFA?

The French authorities highlight that it was mainly instigated by Russian Ultra Thugs. Yet there were 6 English arrested and no Russians WTF is going on? French business owners have also been stating that other violence was instigated by French thugs in Marseilles on Thursday and Friday. Yes England fans have a bad reputation and deserved in a lot of cases but for Christ sake this is take the p!ss. I don't see the Russia Manager or Captain making any statement about it either. 

31 minutes ago, supercidered said:

The French authorities highlight that it was mainly instigated by Russian Ultra Thugs. Yet there were 6 English arrested and no Russians WTF is going on? French business owners have also been stating that other violence was instigated by French thugs in Marseilles on Thursday and Friday. Yes England fans have a bad reputation and deserved in a lot of cases but for Christ sake this is take the p!ss. I don't see the Russia Manager or Captain making any statement about it either. 

The Russians are too well organised and not so daft as to put themselves in a position to be arrested. Whereas those defending themselves end up fighting and chucking stuff past or at police with no get out route.

The russians are not stupid unfortunately many beer fuelled English heads would not be thinking so quickly and certainly would not have been planbing, organising or expecting what happened

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What will be the response to the inevitable attacks that will take place on Wednesday in Lille?

England and Russia expelled by Thursday morning?

From what I've seen, heard, and read, the Russian fighting mob train like a small military.

Unlikely. Realistically I can't see it happening. 

Yes, the Russians have been preparing for this. Their hooliganism at home is different though, no 'rules' like here for a start.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What will be the response to the inevitable attacks that will take place on Wednesday in Lille?

From what I've seen, heard, and read, the Russian fighting mob train like a small military.

Yep they are well trained fighting units.. Not beer swilling gobshites that like a Ruck.

Even if there was a non of like minded English Hooligans in France the would be highly stupid to get involved with this lot.  Mlet have a military background 

8 minutes ago, TRL said:

Yep they are well trained fighting units.. Not beer swilling gobshites that like a Ruck.

Even if there was a non of like minded English Hooligans in France the would be highly stupid to get involved with this lot.  Mlet have a military background 

Not sure about that. Even against pissheads they didn't have it all their own way. Absolute disgrace that they weren't cornered and nicked en masse as would have occurred over here. If the French are so inept that they can't deal with that lot then it doesn't bode well for when the inevitable terrorist activity starts.

I get all of the above i.e. the Russians are a well trained bunch of thugs. My point is why aren't the authorities doing anything about it? Our lot are getting locked up for being drunk, naive and stupid. I just can't see how the English are being treated and looked upon the same way, if not in a worse light than the Russians.

21 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've heard from reputable journalists (on Guardian podcast) that violence in Lille/Lens is unlikely to be as organised or large-scale as Marseilles. Apparently Marseilles was pencilled in and "ringed in red" by the Russians as a delightful weekend getaway to the sun with a heavy dose of fighting.  They planned to get in, smash it up, and get the hell back to Russia for work on Monday.  The guy said it is unlikely that those 150-200 blokes then travelled to Lille.

Still...don't take it as gospel.

PS. Apologies for making you visit the Daily Mail site but here's a delightful video (mostly of some god-awful shorts) that gives a Russian thug's view of the trouble. Unbelievable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3640021/Horrifying-video-shows-hyper-violent-Russian-hooligans-throwing-chairs-bottles-punches-English-fans-streets-Marseille-military-style-operation.html

19 minutes ago, TRL said:

Bit unfair on England fans inadvertently caught up in organised attacks on places that they had just gone to relax and enjoy themselves.

But the presence of nutty, violent foreigners is one of the many reasons I no longer go to away internationals. And add to that list a complete mistrust in the police/judiciary of many countries - I'd have more faith in the South Yorkshire fuzz than the French!!!

8 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I get all of the above i.e. the Russians are a well trained bunch of thugs. My point is why aren't the authorities doing anything about it? Our lot are getting locked up for being drunk, naive and stupid. I just can't see how the English are being treated and looked upon the same way, if not in a worse light than the Russians.

The French Police and anti Riot squad are exhausted .

They've had to deal with ISIS attacks  and non stop strikes since December . These are human beings at the very ends of their capacitys to cope . 

I doubt they anticipated the level of violence and could reasonably expect that the problems associated with this ' festival of football ' would be less important than surveiling the crowds to protect them from terrorist attacks .

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've heard from reputable journalists (on Guardian podcast) that violence in Lille/Lens is unlikely to be as organised or large-scale as Marseilles. Apparently Marseilles was pencilled in and "ringed in red" by the Russians as a delightful weekend getaway to the sun with a heavy dose of fighting.  They planned to get in, smash it up, and get the hell back to Russia for work on Monday.  The guy said it is unlikely that those 150-200 blokes then travelled to Lille.

Still...don't take it as gospel.

Let's hope that's the case, if the large majority of Russian thugs have returned home it will be interesting to see if the level of violence is significantly reduced.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Let's hope that's the case, if the large majority of Russian thugs have returned home it will be interesting to see if the level of violence is significantly reduced.

The danger now will be English fans looking for some sort of revenge.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They've had to deal with ISIS attacks  and non stop strikes since December . These are human beings at the very ends of their capacitys to cope . 

I doubt they anticipated the level of violence and could reasonably expect that the problems associated with this ' festival of football ' would be less important than surveiling the crowds to protect them from terrorist attacks .

Too bad. Their English counterparts gave them advice which would have made the poor souls lives easier amd it was ignored.If you continue to decide its closing time in a bar by firing tear gas into it you are going to alienate the recipients.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

The danger now will be English fans looking for some sort of revenge.

Exactly this. They will all seen and heard that they've been described as 'women' by the Russians, that won't fan the flames at all, will it?

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Exactly this. They will all seen and heard that they've been described as 'women' by the Russians, what better way to prove you're not by getting pissed and smashing something up....

And then there is the welsh, where do they fit it?!

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Too bad. Their English counterparts gave them advice which would have made the poor souls lives easier amd it was ignored.If you continue to decide its closing time in a bar by firing tear gas into it you are going to alienate the recipients.

I assume you're there and talking from experience ? 

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I spoke to the British Police who were filming the reaction of the French Police - they told them about a small crew of Marsellie Ultras that were getting ready to fight and they did nothing, then after the Ultras attacked English fans, English fan retaliated and they got pushed back and hit by French police, my point is that violence could have been stopped if handled better by the police.

The officer I was talking too said that his report would detail these points.

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think you're being generous there

There should be a boycott of the World Cup by fans across the world should Russia still be allowed to host the tournament in 2018.  That way it will hit both FIFA and Russia given the money they invest in hosting the biggest sporting event in the world.

I believe what the Russians have done is just shown a snippet of what they will be like in their own country with organised violence and will be allowed to get away with it as their government encourage it. They are a corrupt, homophobic, vile country from top to bottom!

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

These are human beings at the very ends of their capacitys to cope . 

I doubt they anticipated the level of violence 

The Guardian reported yesterday that Russian police warned their French counterparts about this group travelling and what might therefore be anticipated. If this is true, you have to wonder why this group were permitted to enter France in the first place, if they are as exhausted as you say.

Forewarned is forearmed.

And if they are at the very ends of their capacity to cope (which Saturday suggests is correct) then it is time to cancel the whole thing and send everyone home. Simple. 

When plastic bottle throwers are wrestled to the ground and jailed, while armed men beat and kick a man to the ground (all on very clear film) then proceed to the match and continue to be violent and assault people (again, with crystal clear tv footage) and are not anywhere near being arresred, you have to wonder what the **** is going on over there?

Individual people are responsible for their actions but the French authorities have their responsibilities too. 

Archived