IGNORED

Responses to the "disturbances" at England v Russia

22A

51 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

There should be a boycott of the World Cup by fans across the world should Russia still be allowed to host the tournament in 2018.  That way it will hit both FIFA and Russia given the money they invest in hosting the biggest sporting event in the world.

I believe what the Russians have done is just shown a snippet of what they will be like in their own country with organised violence and will be allowed to get away with it as their government encourage it. They are a corrupt, homophobic, vile country from top to bottom!

Unfortunately, at the time they were awarded the 2018 World Cup, no one knew that they were corrupt and vile from top to bottom - suspected yes, but couldn't be sure.

FIFA, that is!

1 hour ago, Super said:

And then there is the welsh, where do they fit it?!

If you're Russian, chances are you won't know the difference between English & Welsh, we dress the same and to them (I guess) we all sound the same - you can just as easily attach a Welshman as an Englishman if they aren't wearing colours

I'd hope that the English & Welsh would be together on this one. Not that I want to be seen as condoning any of it....

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think you're being generous there

I am very generous , in spite of all the wrongs and rights of this stain on our sport and our nation I am simply trying to put this into some sort of perspective .

I have seen the provocative videos taken of our ' innocent ' English lads singing about German bombers etc ...

It's fair to say that not everybody gets British humour and most Foreigners can 't understand the habit of drinking to excess either .

I'm not saying that the French authoritys could n't have handled things better but they are only human and there is certainly fear and misunderstanding in the ranks .

Having lived in a Pub on the Mendips I know from experience that when you get a group of lads together having a great time it's not easy to call ' Time ' .

In a bar in Marseille filled with tanked up foreign supporters it's not going to be any easier .

It is as always a few who spoil it for the many .

I would be without pity for any one stepping out of line , supporters or Police .

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am very generous , in spite of all the wrongs and rights of this stain on our sport and our nation I am simply trying to put this into some sort of perspective .

I have seen the provocative videos taken of our ' innocent ' English lads singing about German bombers etc ...

It's fair to say that not everybody gets British humour and most Foreigners can 't understand the habit of drinking to excess either .

I'm not saying that the French authoritys could n't have handled things better but they are only human and there is certainly fear and misunderstanding in the ranks .

Having lived in a Pub on the Mendips I know from experience that when you get a group of lads together having a great time it's not easy to call ' Time ' .

In a bar in Marseille filled with tanked up foreign supporters it's not going to be any easier .

It is as always a few who spoil it for the many .

I would be without pity for any one stepping out of line , supporters or Police .

You're always going to get boisterous fans who sing offensive songs - it's a bit tragic, but it's not a terrible offence and I doubt it was that that provoked the Russians and the local youths. They were spoiling for a fight anyway.

As for your original comment, I really don't think 'exhaustion' can be used as an excuse.  

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

You're always going to get boisterous fans who sing offensive songs - it's a bit tragic, but it's not a terrible offence and I doubt it was that that provoked the Russians and the local youths. They were spoiling for a fight anyway.

As for your original comment, I really don't think 'exhaustion' can be used as an excuse.  

It's what they are saying , not in this actual  context but in France they are charged with policing the all night manifestations against the new government work laws , the strikes and the appalling terrorist attacks and their conséquences .

They have been piling on the over time and the force is stretched to the limit .

These are the same guys who had to pull the bodies out of the Eagles of Death Métal gig after combatting the terrorists.

So just doing their jobs . Are you always as efficient when you're stressed and over tired ? 

Not trying to defend their actions , just trying to help a little with understanding .

Today on BBC Radio 5 they interviewed a Russian fan. "See? 120 Russian fans saw off 2,000 English fans. They're not hooligans, they're posers. We are the real hooligans".

He then added "We're all football fans though and when the fightings over I'll gladly sit down to a beer with an English fan".

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

Today on BBC Radio 5 they interviewed a Russian fan. "See? 120 Russian fans saw off 2,000 English fans. They're not hooligans, they're posers. We are the real hooligans".

He then added "We're all football fans though and when the fightings over I'll gladly sit down to a beer with an English fan".

weirdo. That's alright babber, you be the hooligans…

The Russian's have now lost against Slovakia. Chances of staying in the tournament now, pretty poor. Incentive to behave, now gone.

If you are an English fan in France, be safe because I suspect that this isn't going to end well.

7 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

The Russian's have now lost against Slovakia. Chances of staying in the tournament now, pretty poor. Incentive to behave, now gone.

If you are an English fan in France, be safe because I suspect that this isn't going to end well.

Sounds as if they are trying to kick off already but it looks like the English & Welsh are sticking together and are obviously much better prepared than our lads were on Saturday. The Russians have lost the element of surprise.

How has it come to this situation where every other decent fan has to mob up just to avoid possibly being killed.

This is what they're like in France, what the hell is going to happen when the whole world go TO Russia for the world cup? Fifa need to set a precedent, ban them from all competitions for a few years, and give the world cup to another country.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

This is what they're like in France, what the hell is going to happen when the whole world go TO Russia for the world cup? Fifa need to set a precedent, ban them from all competitions for a few years, and give the world cup to another country.

I fear for the African countries. 

On 14 June 2016 at 12:08, Woodsy said:

If you're Russian, chances are you won't know the difference between English & Welsh, we dress the same and to them (I guess) we all sound the same - you can just as easily attach a Welshman as an Englishman if they aren't wearing colours

I'd hope that the English & Welsh would be together on this one. Not that I want to be seen as condoning any of it....

Yeah it's like us trying to tell the difference between a Russian and a Ukrainian.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Too true. They even abuse their own team`s black players - wasn`t it Peter Odemwingie who jacked it in over there because of it? It was certainly someone like that.

I think it was. Although the black players do get a rough time on the pitch over there with horrible chanting etc, I can't start to imagine the sort of treatment the fans might get. 

2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I knew The Kremlin had something to do with it...

Don't worry about the World Cup in 2018 though as FIFA have had shipping container sized brown envelope for that one.

A complete disgrace.

Euro 2016: France expels Russia far-right fan chief Shprygin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36546183

Yeah I saw that. So what appears to be the case is that Putin is using these mobs as enforcers. It makes you wonder how many `unexplained` disappearances of political opponents may have been `assisted` by these thugs.

7 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I knew The Kremlin had something to do with it...

Don't worry about the World Cup in 2018 though as FIFA have had a shipping container sized brown envelope for that one.

A complete disgrace.

Euro 2016: France expels Russia far-right fan chief Shprygin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36546183

Judging by tonight's BBC's Panorama programme, if they fail drugs tests, just contact Seb Coe for help in a cover up.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah I saw that. So what appears to be the case is that Putin is using these mobs as enforcers. It makes you wonder how many `unexplained` disappearances of political opponents may have been `assisted` by these thugs.

Not like the the ex-Head of the KGB who happens to be also the President to wage a proxy war against the west and internal dissenters is it..?

The most dangerous man in the world without any shadow of a doubt. 

Archived