IGNORED

England what an embarrassment

hertsexile

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hows the rovers forum taking tonights performance or have you not been on their tonight :shifty:;)

At least holloway would inject some passion

I don't use the main Rovers one, only the alternative one, which isn't always that busy (lots get locked out).

Do you know what, I honestly think someone like Darrell Clarke would do a better job. Already Gareth Southgate , someone who is 'in the system' is being mentioned as the favourite, which I can't help thinking will be just more of the same.

24 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't use the main Rovers one, only the alternative one, which isn't always that busy (lots get locked out).

Do you know what, I honestly think someone like Darrell Clarke would do a better job. Already Gareth Southgate , someone who is 'in the system' is being mentioned as the favourite, which I can't help thinking will be just more of the same.

I think DC or LJ would have done a better job

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Did you mean embarassment?

If so, it was. Support Wales instead.

Yes that is what I meant but beer talking. Will follow Wales at least they have pride and passion . England players tonight forgot to turn up for the tournament again !

Don't forget this is all the fault of the Football League, if we only had 20 teams in 4 FL divisions. Harry Kane & Co would be able to trap a ball and put in a decent cross.

I for one do not want 4 less home games a season (unless City in PL), to put up with that rubbish.

We do not need more players to choose from, we need 11 who can play as a team.

England didn't play well, but why can't we give credit to Iceland. They have played well all tournament and are a team, not individuals.

Just think its insulting to them when everyone says we lost what an embarrassment. They beat Netherlands twice in qualifying so aren't a bad team. What right have we to beat anyone, they deserved it we didn't.

None of those out their are even close to being world class so sky need to stop that shite.

I also wouldn't mind not seeing Kane or Sterling playing for England for a while. Or Hart for that matter.

Infact, just F### the Premier League. A joke of a league with over paid English wasters. Look elsewhere now.

That should be a mandate for our next manager. Look outside the Prem. We may have gave Iceland a game then. And Russia and Slovakia etc etc.

Glad Roy's gone he's been a woeful manager, our qualifying group was piss easy, and we bigged ourselves up off the back of that.  Harts last game for me, one tournament too many being shit, Forster is a far better presence, Rooney, had some good games but his time has gone, he was blocking good midfielder's and not good enough to be ahead of Vardy and co.

Didn't watch the game, honestly thought the outcome was a done deal even before start of play, but caught the last third with increasing bemusement.

How can we be labelled as one of the worlds biggest footballing nations ?   Not just this year, but for as long as anyone can remember and going back to 1966 and probably long before.   

Fact of the matter is we've been lagging far behind other countries like Germany, Holland and Spain for decades now and it's almost like when each tournament comes around every two years they expect us to do something or go a long way.    England expects ?   What ?   What is it people realistically expect, because I wasn't holding out for much this time around.

Were we going to be better than Germany or Spain or be potential winners ?    Seems just another barrel load of hype and false expectation that invariably ends up in the same sorry predicament.

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired and with Hodgson on his way maybe they'll be a new dawn in the morning and some level of promise for the future but in all truth - No, England will still be garbage and we'll be starting another year in the championship league.

Such is life.

Archived