IGNORED

F.a.o Grannyjoy

Big Red Rich

I backed Lee Miller through-out last season, and will continue to do so, because I'm adament that he has something special.

One can be sceptical, as you have been NailseaRed, and suggest he'd be nothing more than a fringe player, but I'm going into the new season sure Tinnion will pick his teams on form and ability. In my opinion, for example, Lee Miller is a far better footballer than Christian Roberts. He has a brain, he has an awareness, he is good in the air and is good with the ball at his feet. For me, it's all about who he is partnered with upfront. It clearly didn't work out with Peacock, and when he did play with Roberts they looked good together, though it can never be easy playing with someone who is as thick as two short planks.

Heffers is clearly a goal scorer with pace to burn. If he has the brain to match, then he would probably compliment Lee upfront very well. MacLean is a slightly different player it would seem, yet with similar goalscoring attributes on the evidence of last season's stint at S****horpe.

Our biggest problem last season was clearly that we built from too deep. We need to press teams more, because every time Lee would come deep to link the play, he was never given time to get on the end of the things in the box. We need to press teams higher up the pitch, and Lee will benefit from this.

Lee has a physical presence in height, yet arguably not so in strength. Well having seen a fair bit of Teddy Sheringham, I would suggest he was similar to this. Yet Teddy didn't beat players through blistering pace or through strength, but by quick thinking, something Lee is more than capable of.

He must not be worried about the 2 new strikers coming in. He has the ability to be the best striker at the club. I believe it, and I think as soon as he does too we will have one hell of a player on our hands.

I'm glad you pointed this out....... It saved me doing it :)

I am old enough to be aware of who Windy Miller is.

However, where I come from and from speaking to the people on here and elsewhere who I know well, the reason I stated is why I have come to know Lee as Windy.

Feel free to debate this Dorset_Cider and TimmerD, but to be fair, I don't know you from Adam so it's kind of hard to pick me up on what is fact involving people you probably don't know isn't it? :D

I backed Lee Miller through-out last season, and will continue to do so, because I'm adament that he has something special.

One can be sceptical, as you have been NailseaRed, and suggest he'd be nothing more than a fringe player, but I'm going into the new season sure Tinnion will pick his teams on form and ability. In my opinion, for example, Lee Miller is a far better footballer than Christian Roberts. He has a brain, he has an awareness, he is good in the air and is good with the ball at his feet. For me, it's all about who he is partnered with upfront. It clearly didn't work out with Peacock, and when he did play with Roberts they looked good together, though it can never be easy playing with someone who is as thick as two short planks.

Heffers is clearly a goal scorer with pace to burn. If he has the brain to match, then he would probably compliment Lee upfront very well. MacLean is a slightly different player it would seem, yet with similar goalscoring attributes on the evidence of last season's stint at S****horpe.

Our biggest problem last season was clearly that we built from too deep. We need to press teams more, because every time Lee would come deep to link the play, he was never given time to get on the end of the things in the box. We need to press teams higher up the pitch, and Lee will benefit from this.

Lee has a physical presence in height, yet arguably not so in strength. Well having seen a fair bit of Teddy Sheringham, I would suggest he was similar to this. Yet Teddy didn't beat players through blistering pace or through strength, but by quick thinking, something Lee is more than capable of.

He must not be worried about the 2 new strikers coming in. He has the ability to be the best striker at the club. I believe it, and I think as soon as he does too we will have one hell of a player on our hands.

Godzilla, always a pleasure :D

I just think it's going to be hard for miller to outgun two 20+ goal strikers that's all. How many seasons does he need to become a 20+ striker? I want us to go up next season and if that means picking the seasoned, proven strikers rather than gambling on miller proving his potential then so be it i'm afraid.

However, where I come from and from speaking to the people on here and elsewhere who I know well, the reason I stated is why I have come to know Lee as Windy.

Feel free to debate this Dorset_Cider and TimmerD, but to be fair, I don't know you from Adam so it's kind of hard to pick me up on what is fact involving people you probably don't know isn't it? :D

I was merely stating the reason why I thought he was nicknamed Windy.

My opinion, and no I dont know you or the people you talk to from Adam (or at least I dont think I do), so you may have your reasons and others have theirs. Is that allowed??

:)

PS Like the big and bold I's by the way... :me?:

I want us to go up next season and if that means picking the seasoned, proven strikers rather than gambling on miller proving his potential then so be it i'm afraid.
None of our strikers are proven or seasoned. They have mostly had one good season behind them and they will go through patches of poor form. That is why it is great to have so much back up!

Its all ifs buts and maybes isnt it though. Every single member on this forum has their own choice of the front two, but the one man who knows who he wants to spearhead the attack is Brian Tinnion.

Just hope Miller is involved :P

Yep, Mine is Heff, Robbo, with Lee M, just behind causing mayhem..and if Mr Mcclean turns up, as well as Gillespie-they'll all have to play well, or bench warming they will be doing..everybody wins, including, and most importantly CITY!!

PS Like the big and bold I's by the way... :)
Thanks.

I found a quick way to do them as well. Probably the way everybody else has been doing them for weeks, but I am always slow on these sort of things. :D

The good old days.

I didn't until you reminded me. Don't see the relevance, but there.

I presume you are referring to the "Windy" bit?

As I said, I know who Windy Miller is and the reason me and my friends call him windy may well have come from that thread and adopted along the lines of my suggestion in that thread of millerliteweight as a good nickname for Lee (i.e. referring to his been bullied out of things).

If it's ok with you though, I would prefer this particular discussion on the reasons for this nick-name could happen by P.M. if you really want it to carry on.

I put my original comments to DEBATE a point made about Lee.

This sort of "branching off" of the thread (I fear) could lead to fellow posters (i.e. people who know Lee personally), thinking that I am just here to take the pi55 out of him and my initial thoughts was not a subjective thread of my opinions and more a chance to have a go at the people who know him well.

Guest bcfcsols
Learn his trade somewhere else? Thats what he did when he was at Falkirk and won his move to Bristol City, there is no way he should be loaned out.
Precisely. Lee Miller will make it for Bristol City, this season or next. You just have to see the sort of ability he shows at the half time interval. Its all there it just needs to develop a bit (with time) and it will all pull together.

Unlike fans seem to have done to Goodfellow and Wilkshire, it is essential we keep the faith with Lee Miller or we will end up losing him to a club that will then come back to haunt us.

Feel free to debate this Dorset_Cider and TimmerD, but to be fair, I don't know you from Adam so it's kind of hard to pick me up on what is fact involving people you probably don't know isn't it?  :D

Are you having a bad day or something Neo?

All seemed innocent enough to me, are you being rather sensitive??

I'm sorry if you feel 'Picked Up' up by someone who does not know you.

I was only stating my relief at not having to explain that I belived, along with TimmerD?, that the origins of the nickname was as stated and not because LeeM gets knocked over or off the ball.

It means nothing to me other than that, whether I know you from Adam or not :)

There was refference earlier in this thread that Lee Miller gets called "Windy" because he is lightweight.

As someone who calls this out with effection, I must add, cause I rate this bloke, is because of "Windy Miller" from Trumpton, nothing to do with the blokes stature (OK I'm 32 and should have moved on but if Goran Ivanisivic like Telle Tubbies than what the hell!!!).

I would had ariel challenges are one of Lee strenghs as well as quick feet. I'm sure he would have learnt a lot from his first season and I agree with Whitey he was to often to fall guy for the previous managers obsession with certain players.

As this seems to be attracting all Lee's family and friends,could any of you clear something up for me please.

I've a few mates from Aberdeen and whenever i see them i always bring up the fact that Lee picked city above Aberdeen.

They reckon they were never interested in him yet i remember at the time there was some link.

So could you clear this up for me one way or the other.

Cheers :):D

Neo,who's that bird on your signature? she's lush.

I don't reckon Millers that good but if i'm wrong and Tinman-The Gaffer-can bring out his best then I won't complain.

I think Miller get's knocked off the ball too easily,which for a front man ain't no good.

Guest yajrellim
As this seems to be attracting all Lee's family and friends,could any of you clear something up for me please.

I've a few mates from Aberdeen and whenever i see them i always bring up the fact that Lee picked city above Aberdeen.

They reckon they were never interested in him yet i remember at the time there was some link.

So could you clear this up for me one way or the other.

Cheers :)  :D

Well aberdeen couldn't afford the fee that Falkirk were looking for. But lee was there No 1 Signing target last year they ended up going for an Aussie chap instead. They tried averything they could to get lee but Lee had his heart set on moving south and had a choice between Wigin and City and choose City because he sees them as a club going in the right direction and suited him more.

Paul Jewel had sour grapes when he choose city a slagged him in the papers but he should shut up and respect lees choice, which i know will proove to be the right one.

Neo,who's that bird on your signature? she's lush.

Alyson Hannigan who played "Willow" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the "flute toting band geek" in the American Pie films. :D:):me?:

Question for someone scottish - What is a Scottish Slice-Because we have a Scottish bloke at work who thinks the scottish slice is a common food.

He has very disapointed with me when i asked the question " What is a Slice"

Please shed some light on this situation.

Sorry this is nothing to do with football -but it is related to scotland.

Cheers

I think personally Miller will have a big part to play next season, i'm not entirely sure he will be a starting striker, because to be honest if we have both Heffernan and Mclean, then they are both proven in english football to a greater extent than Miller, but Miller is still very young, he's only a couple of years older than Lita.

I think he is an incredible prospect, but as with all our strikers, Heff excluded he is still a raw tallent, and Mclean will be exactly the same, as hes only 21 or so. I think we have a great future with the strikers we have, they are all good prospects and also they are also all young, meaning that none are established, so hopefully unlike Willson Tins can pick on form, and because they are young if they are handled properly, a striker dipping in and out of the team will really not mind at all.

The only problem i have is really what to do with lita, you can't really just let him rot, so he has to play some part, but id put hm well down the pecking order, behind, Heff, Mclean (if we get him), Miller and Roberts. So i just wouldn't know what to do with him. I think Robbo will make way, but i also thik that it will be a big mistake to let him go, i think he has raw tallent in abbundance, and if he was coahced properly could be a very good division 1 striker with ease, but because of his phenomenonal pace, he has often been underdeveloped by other clubs, although many will disagree with me he does have the brain, infact he is one of the only players bar Tinman and mabye Wilks, who can read probably our two most intelligent players, Miller and Murray.

Question for someone scottish - What is a Scottish Slice-Because we have a Scottish bloke at work who thinks the scottish slice is a common food.

He has very disapointed with me when i asked the question " What is a Slice"

Please shed some light  on this situation.

Sorry this is nothing to do with football -but it is related to scotland.

Cheers

I can only think that your friend at work is reffering Lorne Sausage. This is sausage meat which can be bought in an oblong which is then cut into slices approx 4" by 3", or pre sliced. Very tasty, but think mostly used as part of a cooked breakfast, but also handy on a roll, similar to a burger.

Hope this helps.

I can only think that your friend at work is reffering Lorne Sausage.  This is sausage meat which can be bought in an oblong which is then cut into slices approx 4" by 3", or pre sliced.  Very tasty, but think mostly used as part of a cooked breakfast, but also handy on a roll, similar to a burger.

Hope this helps.

wey! good ol' granny joy, she is an all knowing legend!

I can only think that your friend at work is reffering Lorne Sausage.  This is sausage meat which can be bought in an oblong which is then cut into slices approx 4" by 3", or pre sliced.  Very tasty, but think mostly used as part of a cooked breakfast, but also handy on a roll, similar to a burger.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Joy,

This sounds about right because whenever we order a fried brekfast he asks for a "slice".

Was lee a big slice fan?

Cheers Joy,

This sounds about right because whenever we order a fried brekfast he asks for a "slice".

Was lee a big slice fan?

This should maybe move now to the non-football section, as its turning into, "Cookalong with Grannyjoy" :whistle:

Lee has eaten his fair share of Rolls on Sausage in his time, but now much prefers a healthy breakfast of cereal and fresh orange. I might aso add his favourite food must be Pasta, in any shape or form.

Archived