IGNORED

Worst defeat in Scottish football history?

Port Said Red

20 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Humbled by a side of part-timers from Gibraltar, a country with a population half the size of Celtic Park. OUCH

My Football by population ratio: 

Scotland approx 5.3m/Gilbraltar approx 33,000 = 160.6

England approx 54m/Iceland approx 330,000 = 163.6

hmmmm.........

A completely shocking result from Lincoln Red Imps point of view. They have won 14 league titles in a row and could only beat Celtic 1-0, their fans are furious.

Hopefully in the 2nd leg though they can put Celtic out of sight and go onto play bigger clubs like TNS in the next qualifying round.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Obviously they seriously underestimated the opposition and got beat. They'll be wound up and ready for the second leg.

So you think they could hold them to a draw at home then ? :whistle:

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Obviously they seriously underestimated the opposition and got beat. They'll be wound up and ready for the second leg.

Listening to the Manager being interviewed "The pitch was poor and they played 5-4-1 with eleven men behind the ball". Hmm so come the Scottish Cup all lowly clubs drawn at home to Celtic know what to do now then.

Elsewhere in the Champions League, TNS, the Welsh Champions, won their first round match and last night, the second qualifying round, drew 0-0 at home to Nicosia.

Rogers can't put any gloss on it, it is a humiliating result. I suppose if Celtic win the second leg 6-0 and early league results are good it will soon be less of an issue but at the moment it is a shocking start for Rogers. If Rogers doesn't start the league campaign well, Rangers do start well and Celtic fail to make progress in Europe after the next round (I refuse to believe they won't thrash Red Imps at Parkhead) then the knives will be drawn extremely quickly.

Is it true that they lost to a team with an average home crowd of 28 ???!!!

And the Red Imps' manager got the job by winning a competition to be a football manager?!

And one of the Imps players was driving a taxi up to an hour before the game, and they had a brickie on the wing and a copper up front?!

Pure comedy gold!

1 hour ago, Malago said:

It could have been worse, their home country could have lost to Iceland.

People in glasshouses etc.

To be fair Malago Iceland had a team full of pros with many playing in good leagues. I get where you are coming from but Scotland and in particular Celtic don't get a pass from me. I'm sure the ratios involving Russia and Wales are interesting too.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is it true that they lost to a team with an average home crowd of 28 ???!!!

And the Red Imps' manager got the job by winning a competition to be a football manager?!

And one of the Imps players was driving a taxi up to an hour before the game, and they had a brickie on the wing and a copper up front?!

Pure comedy gold!

The first two facts come from a joke profile of the club posted online and copied by a few overly trusting hacks.

No disguising that this is probably the biggest upset in the club's history though. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The first two facts come from a joke profile of the club posted online and copied by a few overly trusting hacks.

No disguising that this is probably the biggest upset in the club's history though. 

Really? Sky Sports quoted those facts too! Embarrassing football episode all round!

This was the fake profile that was posted on Twitter ....

CnMRS1MWIAAgGib.jpg

https://twitter.com/WeahsCousin/status/752964593220222976/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Sky Sports News fall for spoof facts about semi-professional Gibraltar club

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/lincoln-red-imps-vs-celtic-sky-sports-news-spoof-a7134061.html

Archived