IGNORED

England v Pakistan

Super

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This is a bad loss imo, this Pakistan side is not that good, changes needed.

They have a very decent attack. Not quite in same class as Wasim and Waqar but getting there. England don't come up against leg spin much all in County Cricket and they couldn't handle Yasir just as they struggled against Warne so often all those years ago.

Warne said on commentary just how good Yasir is and there speaks the best of the lot.

England are in for tough series.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They have a very decent attack. Not quite in same class as Wasim and Waqar but getting there. England don't come up against leg spin much all in County Cricket and they couldn't handle Yasir just as they struggled against Warne so often all those years ago.

Warne said on commentary just how good Yasir is and there speaks the best of the lot.

England are in for tough series.

Fair play I didn't realise that Pakistan had risen so far up the rankings and we had slipped again, oh well, changes still need, Root is in need of an innings which would help.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Who though?

The obvious one is rashid, not sure if there are any others in county cricket. Moeen bowled 20 overs in the match Cook has no faith in his bowling clearly.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

The obvious one is rashid, not sure if there are any others in county cricket. Moeen bowled 20 overs in the match Cook has no faith in his bowling clearly.

Yeah Rashid is the only one that came to mind for me but he`s never really done it either. I really don`t know who else is out there - Mason Crane or still too young?

Leach and Batty are the only spinners who've taken more than Ali right now. I don't see either taking his place.

Its time Finn was finally packed off, I just don't see his worth 

2 hours ago, Super said:

Clearly Anderson and Stokes have to come in for Finn and Ballance. Hopefully Moeen is dropped and we play a proper spinner.

On the Cricket Writers show this morning on Sky Mike Selby mentioned that Monty Panesar is bowling well......:facepalm:

None of them could come with a viable alternative to Moeen. 

Rashid maybe? That's who Warne thinks should be seriously considered.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

On the Cricket Writers show this morning on Sky Mike Selby mentioned that Monty Panesar is bowling well......:facepalm:

None of them could come with a viable alternative to Moeen. 

Rashid maybe? That's who Warne thinks should be seriously considered.

Rashid isn't really pulling up trees at Yorkshire right now.  The fact that Monty is getting mentioned shows how limited the pool of spin talent is. We we're truly spoilt with Swann and to a degree just like Australia with Warne we will probably struggle to ever find anyone close

Stokes and Anderson will come in for Ball and Finn.  Strengthens the batting which is much needed, and the bowling obviously.

Dont dismiss Panesar.  Got his head right now and bowling well.  He's a very good player, much better than Ali.  

I think they will keep the same batting line up.  More likely to drop Vince than Ballance but can't see them doing that just yet.  There is certainly an argument for bringing Buttler back for Vince so that Bairstow doesn't need to keep wicket 

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

Will England be brave and pick this team?

Cook, Hales, Root, Ballance, Stokes, Bairstow, Alli, Rashid, Broad, Anderson, Finn 

Nope, seeing that they've let Finn go home, and  I would pick Woakes ahead of him anyway :thumbsup:

Still would have liked to have seen Rashid picked over Ali, don't see what the selectors fascination is with him, he hasn't scored huge runs anytime lately and hasn't done damage with the ball.... Well except almost taking Bairstow's head off.

Archived