IGNORED

Cheltenham & Bath City

coxyboy

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

No surprise, he usually can't strike a ball cleanly.

Lost interest in the game ages ago tbh - commentators making the game sound boring, not sure if it is boring or not.

You are forgetting his corner kicks, which were his best contribution last season, and highly praised by Mick McCarthy for one. I'm sure Flint would be another.

1 hour ago, Im_over_ere said:

So who thinks that last nights team will be almost our starting 11 (less Korey) and tonights team will be the squad players?

I think you are right. I think we will listen to offers for Little, Agard, Williams and perhaps  Freeman, depending on where we are in our recruitment. Goldbourne will most likely be promoted from this team to the matchday squad. 

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think you are right. I think we will listen to offers for Little, Agard, Williams and perhaps  Freeman, depending on where we are in our recruitment. Goldbourne will most likely be promoted from this team to the matchday squad. 

Johnson said all of those are pushing towards the first team (or words to that effect) after the Cheltenham game, and we'd be to get rid of any considering we still have a small squad, particularly Williams.

Fairly dull evening at Twerton Park.  Bobby Reid looked the pick, though Freeman worked hard in the second half, often to little effect.  Agard was lively in the first half but looked way off Championship standard and Wilbraham missed a sitter in the second.  Our Keeper and defence relatively untroubled throughout.  Joe Morrell was decent but who the hell is this Di Giralamo (apologies for spelling)?  I thought he was a youth player, but he looks about thirty and seemed largely unfamiliar with the game of football.  I suspect that the XI who started at Cheltenham can sleep fairly easily tonight.

39 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Fairly dull evening at Twerton Park.  Bobby Reid looked the pick, though Freeman worked hard in the second half, often to little effect.  Agard was lively in the first half but looked way off Championship standard and Wilbraham missed a sitter in the second.  Our Keeper and defence relatively untroubled throughout.  Joe Morrell was decent but who the hell is this Di Giralamo (apologies for spelling)?  I thought he was a youth player, but he looks about thirty and seemed largely unfamiliar with the game of football.  I suspect that the XI who started at Cheltenham can sleep fairly easily tonight.

Largely agree with this, especially on Reid, Agard and Freeman. Freeman must be very short of confidence now, that poor scuffed penalty will do nothing to help. I really want Freeman to come good in the championship but starting to lose hope.

Think De Girolamo has potential and isn't bad technically, but needs match time as I don't think his decision making is great. A couple times he seemed to charge forward with little support where perhaps it would have been wiser to slow down the game and keep the ball. Although, credit to him, thought this was slightly better in the second half until he came off.

Golbourne looked good, as I expected, and provided a good outlet in possession.

On some of the younger academy graduates, I liked the look of Morrell and Vyner, both look promising, and Vyner is very big for his age too. Dowling switched the ball well a few times after he had come on.

Freeman useless, why on earth is he taking pens with two strikers on the pitch. sort it Lee ! Agard has no confidence, Scott  G far and away our best LB and will be promoted to first team duties on Saturday, top, top player. Williams and Vyner played well together. Di Girolmo was excellent. Bobby was quiet apart from his screaming 30 yarder. G Dowling aint far off first team squad. Steve Philips kept them in the game. Decent workout for our reserves.

2 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

So who thinks that last nights team will be almost our starting 11 (less Korey) and tonights team will be the squad players?

Korey clearly wont be starting v Wigan. one of Browning or Odowda (take your pick) will be dropped for Scotty G and Matthews will start RB instead of Ayling. The rest as you were. Job done.

Archived