IGNORED

Cheltenham & Bath City

coxyboy

28 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Really? If that had been a league game I think we'd all be lambasting him for his role in both games. 

Far too slow for Kodjia's goal, that was his ball all day long. 

Should have caught Tomlin's shot for second goal, or at least parried it somewhere safe. 

I thought it was noticeable that he parried a lot (and to his front rather than to the sides) rather than tried to catch throughout. Tomlins goal actually came because he parried the first effort in front of him. Wouldn't blame him for not getting to the goal due to the deflection, but would blame him for the situation arising from a poor parry - got to get those further away from goal

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I thought it was noticeable that he parried a lot (and to his front rather than to the sides) rather than tried to catch throughout. Tomlins goal actually came because he parried the first effort in front of him. Wouldn't blame him for not getting to the goal due to the deflection, but would blame him for the situation arising from a poor parry - got to get those further away from goal

Fordy will mean he should have saved first shot for Tomlin goal.  

I agree he was poor on both goals. 

11 hours ago, Red Army 79 said:

Looks good on the ball. Looks a bit lightweight to me though.

Spoke to him over the weekend. He was staying at Bristol Hotel on Waterfront meeting up with his girlfriend. Tall lad, face like a 16 year old rather than 23. Nothing to him...looks like a long distance runner. Only Centre back I've met thinner, is Gareth Southgate. What is it with footballers and white socks matched with flip flops?

43 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Really? If that had been a league game I think we'd all be lambasting him for his role in both games. 

Should have caught Tomlin's shot for second goal, or at least parried it somewhere safe. 

Just watched the goals back...the first was a great through ball and lovely lob...could hear Cheltenham fans praising it as we walked back to our car. I'd not have been blaming the keeper. For the second the ball came through a group of players. Granted, ideally he'd have caught it, had no chance with the follow up. But if he's now our player then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt!

• Admin

A loan to Cheltenham sounds ideal. No matter how it ended, we have a lot to be thankful to Cotts for, no more than I believe it was he who brought in David Coles who is widely regarded within the game as a great goalkeeping coach. A loan to Cheltenham would allow Lučić to work with Coles a couple of times a week still and iron out the parrying issues whilst still experiencing first team football.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Someone should tell him he is allowed to use ees hands...quite a good tip if your a goalie.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Someone should tell him he is allowed to use ees hands...quite a good tip if your a goalie.

It's probably technical insights like this which are temping him away from Bayern Munich to come here and develop. 

Am I missing something here? We need a goalkeeper to cover until Fielding is fit. The talk is of signing Lukic to do that, but now we are saying we are going to loan him out. Why would we do that if we signed him to provide cover for us?  Also, have I missed a couple of new centre backs signing? If not, we are hardly in a position to loan out Vyner either?

12 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Judging by LJ interview, he seems determined to make joe Bryan a left back. I would prefer him in an attacking role but he knows better.

would like us to stick with golbourne at left back though as he gives us solidarity in defence

I'd go with Golbourne until Magnússon settles.  Joe at fault trying to pass out of defence for their goal last night.  Let's see Joe flying forward from the left side of a forward three at the start of the season, rather than from LB, where Golbourne is so solid.

6 hours ago, Rob k said:

I thought he was much better in the 2nd half when he was switched to the left and started to take people on and get round the back of them. 

from last nights performance I think an average championship defender would not have to many problems against him on the right hand side as he's so one footed.

Tomlin for me just stood out far and above anyone, the blokes a genius and is probably our most exciting signing ever. O'dowda has a long way to go before he's anywhere near that level but he's certainly an exciting prospect 

I thought the best cross that O'Dowda put in, was in the 1st half when he crossed with his right foot after beating his man on the outside. I don't think he is one footed at all.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'd go with Golbourne until Magnússon settles.  Joe at fault trying to pass out of defence for their goal last night.  Let's see Joe flying forward from the left side of a forward three at the start of the season, rather than from LB, where Golbourne is so solid.

Agreed, exactly what we were thinking watching last night. Which is no criticism of Joe, who is great going forward, but in the first half it looked to me that Magnusson was left with a lot to do on his side of the pitch.

23 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

How do you wear socks and flip flops?

Socks with toes or flip flops with a bar across the instep instead of the piece between the toes.

Not that I'm a professional flip flop with socks expert or anything!

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed, exactly what we were thinking watching last night. Which is no criticism of Joe, who is great going forward, but in the first half it looked to me that Magnusson was left with a lot to do on his side of the pitch.

I will be disappointed if LJ plays Joe as a defender ( might even boo) .

He seems to have the attributes of a good midfielder.

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I will be disappointed if LJ plays Joe as a defender ( might even boo) .

He seems to have the attributes of a good midfielder.

Agreed...but I've heard LJ (in one of the summer interviews) say that he sees him as a potential Prem left back...and Joe's confirmed that LJ sees him playing there and that he needs to focus on his defensive play to make that a reality...I guess we'll see.

Agree Magnusson was looking bereft with Joe half way down the pitch, gesturing in vain for him to come back to cover early on in the first half. He was clearly feeling exposed. At the same time he seemed to be standing off a fair bit and not taking responsibility to close in, and shield the goal more. 

1. #BristolCity subs: Wollacott, Lyons-Foster, Dowling, Andrews, Lemonheigh-Evans, Simon.

1 retweet5 likes

Retweet

More

#BristolCity v Bath City: O'Leary, Little, Vyner, Williams, Golbourne, Reid, De Girolamo, Freeman, Morrell, Wilbraham, Agard.

Who is simon? U18? 

7 minutes ago, P'head Red said:
  1. #BristolCity subs: Wollacott, Lyons-Foster, Dowling, Andrews, Lemonheigh-Evans, Simon.

1 retweet5 likes

Retweet

More

#BristolCity v Bath City: O'Leary, Little, Vyner, Williams, Golbourne, Reid, De Girolamo, Freeman, Morrell, Wilbraham, Agard.

Who is simon? U18? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Simon  ??

Probably not 

The line up tonight is half decent. Shows we have suddenly got a much better squad of players as half of this lot played a lots of games last season. Definitely shaping up to be better equipped. Bring in a keeper (probably done), a RCB, a RB (hopefully getting closer) and another striker and we will be there. What a difference a year makes. 

Archived