IGNORED

Cheltenham & Bath City

coxyboy

14 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Freeman useless, why on earth is he taking pens with two strikers on the pitch. sort it Lee ! Agard has no confidence, Scott  G far and away our best LB and will be promoted to first team duties on Saturday, top, top player. Williams and Vyner played well together. Di Girolmo was excellent. Bobby was quiet apart from his screaming 30 yarder. G Dowling aint far off first team squad. Steve Philips kept them in the game. Decent workout for our reserves.

Dunno if your Freeman on pens is a whoosh comment, but not all strikers are penalty takers.  Been some classic non-strikers who were regular and prolific pen takers in there time.  Stuart Pearce, Ray Stewart, David Peach...all full backs.

12 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Korey clearly wont be starting v Wigan. one of Browning or Odowda (take your pick) will be dropped for Scotty G and Matthews will start RB instead of Ayling. The rest as you were. Job done.

So  Browning, ex Gas (must be 68) and who is this Odowda...Cameroon trialist ?:cool:

My first viewing of Dowling - very impressed by his composure on the ball and his passing - put the rest of them to shame to a large degree - looks a player to me and future first teaser

Few positives for LJ if I'm honest

Max did well when required 

SG decent , Vyner looks like he has a good chance of making it , especially if he can add a touch more muscle

Derek Williams worries me - struggled against two powerful non league forwards at times

Bobby Reid looked hungry and poss our best player for me

Wilbs worked hard but I thought Agard looked disinterested and way off any sharpness 

Luke worked hard but end product lacking still - so frustrating

De Giolarmo  -  not for me on what I saw - way off Champ standard IMHO and Bobby Reid looked far better

Thought Morell looked neat and tidy , no more and struggled physically - thought Dowling looked a much better prospect when he came on IMO

overall I thought we were very ordinary / poor - our passing was poor and I havnt a clue how we were 'trying to play ' - passing in triangles on the edge of our own box and then a 40 yard punt in the general direction of Wilbs / KA seemed to be the regular choice.   !!

Not many banging on the door for a starting place v Wigan

BR and SG the only two I'd  suggest  LF in contention I guess

Hopeto see Dowling a regular on the bench

Archived