IGNORED

What can possibly go wrong now?

Jack Dawe

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm really intrigued if the original poster goes to the pub at a lunchtime?

every mid afternoon we seem to get a real rambling topic posted

Not to the pub, sir, only to the corners of my mind, where nagging, painful memories lurk. Memories of blissful pre-season optimism soon dashed on the rocks of cold, hard reality (otherwise known as the Championship/Wolves away, Derby home etc). It never feels right feeling this good, not about City!

A rambling thread is a good idea, btw. 

7 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Think we will do well this season. Good signings and a strong squad. Kodjia and Tomlin! We are well prepared. COYR!!!

Nice one, Garland-sweden, but what could go wrong?

32 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Imagine beating Wigan, and getting through to the 2nd round of the League Cup - scenes on here......

Winning the Championship by ten points, why not? Getting through to the second round of the league cup, impossible...

What could possibly go wrong?? Well my beep beep mother in law from hell who has hated every bone in my body for the last 15 years has just booked a surprise f*****g holiday on the 19th of august to the 28th august in a villa in Majorca which as a surprise gift for all the family , which means I miss villa and Newcastle at home!!!! Doh!!! Is it wrong to decline the offer? Not sure my kids or wife would be happy but why thosev2 matches??

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

What could possibly go wrong?? Well my beep beep mother in law from hell who has hated every bone in my body for the last 15 years has just booked a surprise f*****g holiday on the 19th of august to the 28th august in a villa in Majorca which as a surprise gift for all the family , which means I miss villa and Newcastle at home!!!! Doh!!! Is it wrong to decline the offer? Not sure my kids or wife would be happy but why thosev2 matches??

I would absolutely decline the offer.

She knows damn well you're a City fan so she's just trying to piss you off.

Don't let her...

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

You've got no choice. She may hate you but that's a nice gift. Hang on, is she paying then?

Matches towards the end of the season potentially more significant. Our play off push...

And Villa and Newcastle away will be much more fun. I'm missing Villa at home too. Friend's birthday in London, organised BEFORE the fixtures came out. Couldn't really have said no either wat.

This is why we should be able to sell our season tickets on for the matches we can't attend.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

She knows damn well you're a City fan so she's just trying to piss you off.

Don't let her...

As we've all started sobbing in our soup, I've got to miss the first game of the season, where we'll welcome our new band of conquering heroes, to go to someone else's wedding. If it was mine, I could skip it and catch the game but apparently I can't do that for someone else's. Life is so unfair.....

19 minutes ago, Spoons said:

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You could decline, Spoons. But think about it, Villa and Newcastle: what can possibly go right v them two? One point from six, being optimistic....

20 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Not to the pub, sir, only to the corners of my mind, where nagging, painful memories lurk. Memories of blissful pre-season optimism soon dashed on the rocks of cold, hard reality (otherwise known as the Championship/Wolves away, Derby home etc). It never feels right feeling this good, not about City!

Ah the corners of your mind, a fabled landscape I've had the pleasure to visit on many an occasion.  I've often had to take a large stick to fend off those nagging, painful memories you talk of; mind their teeth, they look sharp.  Did you know there was a tunnel that leads into your mind?  I found it whilst exploring the caves of Redcliffe, looking for old Blackbeard's loot.

Nothing wrong with a good ramble indeed... as for City - the following could occur:

Portsmouth beat us 2-0 on Saturday, Tomlin breaks his leg in the game.

Flint gets arrested later that evening for having one of his famous parties and is soon sacked by the club.

SL openly admits that he only cares about Bristol Rugby, and sees the football club as an irksome distraction.

After beating Wigan and Burnley, we then lose heavily to Norwich, Newcastle and Aston Villa, killing all of our optimism.

Matthews plays like Tony Dinning mark 11.

JK sulks about not moving to his beloved Villa, and only scores once all season.

City slump to the bottom of the table by Christmas.

LJ is sacked at the end of December.

Desperate, and short of options, we hire Roy Hodgson to return to Bristol.

Sad times indeed....

26 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Oh my God, I take it she knew about both of these matches and did this in a bizarre way to spite you???

If you're a season ticket holder, her actions are nothing short of disgraceful!

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Ah the corners of your mind, a fabled landscape I've had the pleasure to visit on many an occasion.  I've often had to take a large stick to fend off those nagging, painful memories you talk of; mind their teeth, they look sharp.  Did you know there was a tunnel that leads into your mind?  I found it whilst exploring the caves of Redcliffe, looking for old Blackbeard's loot.

Nothing wrong with a good ramble indeed... as for City - the following could occur:

Flint gets arrested later that evening for having one of his famous parties and is soon sacked by the club.

SL openly admits that he only cares about Bristol Rugby, and sees the football club as an irksome distraction.

After beating Wigan and Burnley, we then lose heavily to Norwich, Newcastle and Aston Villa, killing all of our optimism.

JK sulks about not moving to his beloved Villa, and only scores once all season.

Sad times indeed....

That's great. Now I feel better about missing the game next Saturday. Thanks, reddogkev - you could make a fortune as a therapist..

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

You could decline, Spoons. But think about it, Villa and Newcastle: what can possibly go right v them two? One point from six, being optimistic....

Maybe, but you can't let your mother in law call the shots, especially when you know she detests you.

Spoons should decline and sweeten the pill for his family by booking a holiday of his choosing at a time that suits him instead.

With no invitation for his overbearing scowling mother in law, of course.

A forced holiday with the Mother in law and missing 2 top notch City matches in to the bargain, what could be worse?

37 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Could try putting them off by telling them that  'The water in Majorca don't taste like wot it oughta' 

51 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Sheffield united catching us......or Tomlinson not signing......

Aizoon forgetting to post "have they scored yet" at the start of the first game could do it!

28 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Sad times indeed....

That's the trouble with this forum.

Too many happy clappers like you! :)

21 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Maybe, but you can't let your mother in law call the shots, especially when you know she detests you.

Spoons should decline and sweeten the pill for his family by booking a holiday of his choosing at a time that suits him instead.

With no invitation for his overbearing scowling mother in law, of course.

A forced holiday with the Mother in law and missing 2 top notch City matches in to the bargain, what could be worse?

Think we need to start a "what could be worse" thread.

3 hours ago, Kotsy said:

First home game last season we were 2-0 up vs Brentford. It was all going well, momentum from last season still being carried, great football being played, fans were loud... and then Freeman gets sent off.

Expecting something similar against Wigan, possibly ROD taking down a man in the box. Red. Pen. See you later 16/17 season.

I thought the rules had changed, in that if a penalty is awarded, then no red card? So season 16/17 back on track ;)

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

I predict we will beat Wolves away this year....

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

You only live once so do what is best for yourself. My decision would be that if I wasn't consulted, then I'd stay at home and watch my City who I love more than any mother in law.

1 hour ago, Fat Cigar said:

You've got no choice. She may hate you but that's a nice gift. Hang on, is she paying then?

Matches towards the end of the season potentially more significant. Our play off push...

And Villa and Newcastle away will be much more fun. I'm missing Villa at home too. Friend's birthday in London, organised BEFORE the fixtures came out. Couldn't really have said no either wat.

This is why we should be able to sell our season tickets on for the matches we can't attend.

Yes she's paying and she's making sure I know that !!! 

Cant decline the offer as got 2 young kids who never been on plane so they will love it!! 

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Cant decline the offer as got 2 young kids who never been on plane so they will love it!! 

You could kick off at the Wigan game and get your passport taken away or develop a sudden fear of flying. Either that or display the symptoms of some infectious disease.

50 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So I can only assume that you are happy for me to go in your place then! Send me the tickets and I'll unsure that spiteful cow doesn't beat us. I'll periscope the entire game for you as payment, you can wack the volume right up to annoy her. Hell I may even start a chant of your choice with the words changed to ensure maximum offence. You are welcome :P

Archived