IGNORED

What do you remember ex City players for?

CyderInACan

Was chatting earlier about Steve Brooker in his prime and how great a player he was, but I couldn't help over-ride the memory of seeing him on that cctv outside Romeo Browns chucking a dustbin at the window (with Bradley Orr, Dave Partridge and Scott Brown?) and the subsequent spell in - of all places - Horfield. 

I also mainly remember Steve "Rambo" Johnson mainly for his program interview letting the cat out of the bag by announcing to the world (well, the 20 or so souls who bought the program) that his favourite colour was pink! (WAY before pink was anywhere near trendy for "blokes") 

judt got me wondering what daft stuff you remember players that doesn't actually focus on how good/bad they were!? 

I remember a game when I was maybe 5 or 6, we had been 2-1 down and me and my dad were slowly walking to exit the dolman (always stayed until the end, but often waited on the corner between the dolman and atyeo), we had a corner and it was the last minute of extra time, the ball was headed away and Beadle hit a 25 yarder into the top corner.

thats the only time I can remember seeing Beadle play too!

Murray for being too much for most defenders to handle, Tinnion and Mickey Bell for their dead ball quality, Docherty for running the midfield and I remember David Seal for numerous master classes that he put on while playing for Mangotsfield.

8 minutes ago, City169 said:

I remember a game when I was maybe 5 or 6, we had been 2-1 down and me and my dad were slowly walking to exit the dolman (always stayed until the end, but often waited on the corner between the dolman and atyeo), we had a corner and it was the last minute of extra time, the ball was headed away and Beadle hit a 25 yarder into the top corner.

thats the only time I can remember seeing Beadle play too!

Possibly Luton at Home 02/03? 1-0 down and Beadle whacked it in with literally seconds on the clock to make it 1-1. We were flying high at the top of League 1 with Wigan and Cardiff at that point of the season.

Thats what Im thinking the game could have been

6 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Possibly Luton at Home 02/03? 1-0 down and Beadle whacked it in with literally seconds on the clock to make it 1-1. We were flying high at the top of League 1 with Wigan and Cardiff at that point of the season.

Thats what Im thinking the game could have been

Could have been that one, strange to think in the 14 years since Wigan and Cardiff have both been premier league and Luton non league, yet we will play 2 of those this season

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Could have been that one, strange to think in the 14 years since Wigan and Cardiff have both been premier league and Luton non league, yet we will play 2 of those this season

So many nearly moments for us really, especially under Danny Wilson.

So thats what comes to mind when I hear 'Danny Wilson' - bloody bottler!!

Without doubt it was Ian Baird giving the finger to the ( now) Atyeo stand having missed yet another easy chance.

It was really funny yet breathtaking at the time. One of my most memorable moments in football when one of our players lost it with us fans.

P.s Excellent thread Cyderinacan. This is gonna be fun! Cheers!

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dave Thompson (rubbish ex Millwall centre half) getting sent off at home in an Anglo Italian game for laying out the other team's keeper at a corner...

Defo not rubbish was Dave, great at the late tackle , elbow and the odd spit when the ref wasn't looking. Worth watching. Would put Tommy Doc in his pocket!!

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Without doubt it was Ian Baird giving the finger to the ( now) Atyeo stand having missed yet another easy chance.

It was really funny yet breathtaking at the time. One of my most memorable moments in football when one of our players lost it with us fans.

P.s Excellent thread Cyderinacan. This is gonna be fun! Cheers!

Im pretty sure baird got a backlash for jumping into ruud gullit in a freindly against chelsea,, then giving the finger in response then being subbed...he was awful and seeing him jumping into someone as talented as gullit who he shouldnt have been on the same pitch as him was an outrage.

There have been some truly world class players down there over the years, etoo and suarez included.

25 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Im pretty sure baird got a backlash for jumping into ruud gullit in a freindly against chelsea,, then giving the finger in response then being subbed...he was awful and seeing him jumping into someone as talented as gullit who he shouldnt have been on the same pitch as him was an outrage.

There have been some truly world class players down there over the years, etoo and suarez included.

Remember it well

I remember John Bailey having a minor run-in with Steve Claridge in a low key midweek cup tie. After a stoppage in play caused by a Bailey foul (unpunished), the two of them were trotting upfield side-by-side, Bailey reached an arm out in full view of the Williams stand and patted Claridge's butt cheek. Claridge just lost it and lashed out wildly - hilarious

Archived