IGNORED

If Anyone Can, City Can - ticketing!

frenchred

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, kivsy said:

One for the scat ?  Or are they s mouthpiece of the club ? 

If you'd have been at our meeting last night, you would have known that is definitely not the case! (Meetings open to all, by the way) The Bristol Sport representatives present were left in no doubt about the strength of feeling on this matter. As I said above, as a result it appears we are making some progress and hope to be able to report positive developments some time tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

If you'd have been at our meeting last night, you would have known that is definitely not the case! (Meetings open to all, by the way) The Bristol Sport representatives present were left in no doubt about the strength of feeling on this matter. As I said above, as a result it appears we are making some progress and hope to be able to report positive developments some time tomorrow.

Cheers ears keep up the good work 

11 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Would be great work by SCAT if there can be some progress on this. 

12 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Does progress mean finding a new ticketing software supplier as judging by the difficulties fans have had buying tickets, this one is more State of the Ark, not State of the Art. 

6 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

Does progress mean finding a new ticketing software supplier as judging by the difficulties fans have had buying tickets, this one is more State of the Ark, not State of the Art. 

I am not sure whether the problems have been down to the software or how it has been implemented and operated. Certainly I have NEVER heard of anyone going live before carrying out data cleansing, that is just bonkers and it has clearly not been user tested properly.

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I am not sure whether the problems have been down to the software or how it has been implemented and operated. Certainly I have NEVER heard of anyone going live before carrying out data cleansing, that is just bonkers and it has clearly not been user tested properly.

i have countless times, bugs can happen in live systems that never appeared in years of testing

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i have countless times, bugs can happen in live systems that never appeared in years of testing

Well I never have.

I know bugs can occur after testing, been there and got the T shirt although I must confess the worst bugs were when the testing was not carried out correctly.

The issues when renewing STs last year smacked of rushing to get the system live and inadequate testing. It should not happen with customer facing systems.

15 hours ago, kivsy said:

One for the scat ?  Or are they s mouthpiece of the club ? 

Argh, this is what really grinds my gears. Pretentious people making uninformed statements when if you'd bothered to read a few posts above you, you'd know what you're saying is bobbins.

• SC&T Board Members
26 minutes ago, kivsy said:

im aware of their history, im questioning their relevance in todays football scene , ? 

How would it be if we saved City supporters tens of thousands of pounds? Would that make us relevant in today's football scene?

On 8/3/2016 at 17:55, ChippenhamRed said:

The more I think about it the more astonishing it is. Is there really a software company out there making £2 per ticket and therefore half a million pounds a year from a contract with one football club?

Anyone out there with the expertise to confirm if this sounds about right?

But, does the booking fee apply to season tickets, corporate sales or even, as far as it concerns BCFC/Bristol Sport, to away tickets?

• SC&T Board Members
3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

But, does the booking fee apply to season tickets, corporate sales or even, as far as it concerns BCFC/Bristol Sport, to away tickets?

They were going to apply to practically everything. But following the SC&T meeting on Wednesday night that has now changed.

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

They were going to apply to practically everything. But following the SC&T meeting on Wednesday night that has now changed.

As I see things (from afar) season tickets already incorporate a 'booking fee', which is neither highlighted nor, ostensibly, an additional charge.

It would seem that only subsequent, one-off purchases incur a 'booking fee', whether these be on-line, by telephone or by cash on the day.

Presumably, and again reading between the lines, the club are simply trying to recuperate part the investment they have made and,presumably, continue to make on the ticketing (bar-code etc.) system. 

• SC&T Board Members
1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As I see things (from afar) season tickets already incorporate a 'booking fee', which is neither highlighted nor, ostensibly, an additional charge.

It would seem that only subsequent, one-off purchases incur a 'booking fee', whether these be on-line, by telephone or by cash on the day.

Presumably, and again reading between the lines, the club are simply trying to recuperate part the investment they have made and,presumably, continue to make on the ticketing (bar-code etc.) system. 

The issue was never with BS recouping costs, it was with them advertising one price and then, with no warning, charging another. It's like the low-cost airlines used to do and rightly got told to stop. Thankfully now the fee will be incorporated in the headline advertised price, so the price you see IS the price you pay. And, on top of that, you can save £1 by using the print@home option. A much more palatable solution all round.

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

The issue was never with BS recouping costs, it was with them advertising one price and then, with no warning, charging another. It's like the low-cost airlines used to do and rightly got told to stop. Thankfully now the fee will be incorporated in the headline advertised price, so the price you see IS the price you pay. And, on top of that, you can save £1 by using the print@home option. A much more palatable solution all round.

Not only more palatable, but infinitely more sensible.

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

How would it be if we saved City supporters tens of thousands of pounds? Would that make us relevant in today's football scene?

Was. Thinking of joining scat , do t think I'll bother , I ask a genuine question  and get childish replies , well you can come to our meetings , or sarcastic replies , 

Sounds like more evidence of the club listening to the fans and making changes to please them. Great to hear but I do wonder how long it will be until another issue arises and prompts some people to say "the club don't listen to the fans". Surely by now people can see that isn't the case. Well done City all round. It's been a good Summer to be a city fan. Let's hope this continues on the pitch this season.

6 hours ago, kivsy said:

Was. Thinking of joining scat , do t think I'll bother , I ask a genuine question  and get childish replies , well you can come to our meetings , or sarcastic replies , 

I'm sure your sniping will be missed from their ranks. If you can't see how facetious you were being get some new glasses!

16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yes there was a booking fee on season tickets this season. South stand price was advertised as £345 but with £2 booking fee mentioned in the small print. You paid £347. Last season the SS price was also £345 but no booking fee. You paid £345. Good that Bristol Sport appear to be removing the small print. 

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, eardun said:

Yes there was a booking fee on season tickets this season. South stand price was advertised as £345 but with £2 booking fee mentioned in the small print. You paid £347. Last season the SS price was also £345 but no booking fee. You paid £345. Good that Bristol Sport appear to be removing the small print. 

The £2 fee was raised with BS at FAN in May and it was made clear to them that if such charges had to be levied supporters would much prefer that they were included in the headline price and not added later as a surcharge. Unfortunately, BS failed to take this on board and did the same again with match tickets ... with the wholly foreseeable negative reaction and bad press. Only afer intense pressure from the SC&T and the realisation on their part that further bad press might follow have they changed their stance. It is a shame that no notice was taken of the opinions voiced in May (and that some at BS seemed unaware that in 2013 the club had been widely praised for removing "stealth charges").

Archived