IGNORED

If Anyone Can, City Can - ticketing!

frenchred

Why oh why not put a ticket sales booth/box/table close to the Bar and Grill? If you want people to use it make it easy for them not having to go round the other side of the ground to get tickets! Make it easy for yourselves, make more profit it not difficult!

Why not have stewards who can tell fans in a 300 meter long Que that if they go round the back the second ticket office is empty? Is it a requirement for employment you must act as thick as you can?

My god there are still massive improvement s to be made off the pitch with this club!

I bought my ticket last night, 60 seconds on the web page done - walked past that queue today walked up-to a nice man holding a basket of tickets, gave my name and he handed me my ticket, took 15 seconds - maybe less.....   maybe the dinosaurs need to start using the technology we have, instead of just complaining and moaning at the club for not adopting x, y, z,

The pics from after the game had kicked off today aren't great really. This was only with a crowd of 5000ish. Given you can't buy tickets in person apart from POTD I'm not surprised lots decided to to just rock up on the day.

These pics are from 3:10 and 3:25 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I bought my ticket last night, 60 seconds on the web page done - walked past that queue today walked up-to a nice man holding a basket of tickets, gave my name and he handed me my ticket, took 15 seconds - maybe less.....   maybe the dinosaurs need to start using the technology we have, instead of just complaining and moaning at the club for not adopting x, y, z,

I agree I'm sure it is probably easier and quicker to do online, however for a preseason friendly in late July I'm sure many would have decided early afternoon/late morning whether they would be going based on other commitments and the weather.

Do you know what, the club has just undergone a transformation to a 27,000 all seater stadium so how about seeing as they are rushing to be ready for next week. Give the club a break. They have more important things to worry about today than people trying to get into the game. People may disagree but being ready for next week is vital. Everything else has taken a back seat, be patient and a little more understanding 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Clearly you think such things are acceptable. 

Or that given the circumstances there are bigger priorities for the club to be working on, such as making sure the West Stand is finished. Not to mention the club said there would only be one booth open in advance so it wasn't an unknown thing for fans that there would only be one booth for buying tickets

Blame the club for everything... Don't blame the fans who turn up at 3pm to collect a ticket and wonder why they are late for kick off??!!

obviously not perfect today but surely people need to see the bigger picture and there is a real struggle to get stadium ready for next Saturday . 

31 minutes ago, Fiale said:

And I bet there was no bloke going round behind the goals putting up the H/T scores into the A,B,C board either !:grr:

20 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Do you know what, the club has just undergone a transformation to a 27,000 all seater stadium so how about seeing as they are rushing to be ready for next week. Give the club a break. They have more important things to worry about today than people trying to get into the game. People may disagree but being ready for next week is vital. Everything else has taken a back seat, be patient and a little more understanding 

More important things to worry about than whether their customers can actually watch the thing they have paid to watch? You think that's a side issue?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

More important things to worry about than whether their customers can actually watch the thing they have paid to watch? You think that's a side issue?

What if those customers turn up at 3pm and need to collect a ticket is that the clubs fault as well. 

Blame culture for everything these days makes me sick!!

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

What if those customers turn up at 3pm and need to collect a ticket is that the clubs fault as well. 

Blame culture for everything these days makes me sick!!

you know what I would of done, turn up and collected my ticket early then go to the pub, its so easy

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Arrive earlier. Buy your ticket before the day. It's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. I had no problem because I bought my ticket last week. Always the clubs fault, if 300 turn up at 2.50pm you're obviously going to have que 

52 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

I agree I'm sure it is probably easier and quicker to do online, however for a preseason friendly in late July I'm sure many would have decided early afternoon/late morning whether they would be going based on other commitments and the weather.

Tickets were still available online late morning. Print your own ticket and waltz in within seconds of arriving.

Nice stadium, same old City. 

Remember turning up for the first match of the season against Bradford a couple of years back and getting in at half-time. Joined the POTD queue well before 2:30.

Our CEO wants to average 20,000. You're joking man. Anyone who makes a spontaneous decision to attend a match (and that'll be a few thousand) will just give AG a big swerve. 

Our off-the-field administration is frankly, #inept. They've had decades to sort it, but for a casual fan it is worse than useless.

How SL, who presided over one of the most efficient, customer friendly companies can sit and watch this level of shite is beyond me. 

Today was a temporary set up to facilitate the friendly game and to allow POTD.  There is a large ticket collection unit coming into the Winterstoke village area ASAP. Clearly we accept that there were queues before kick off today and apologise for any delay and at the same time appreciate your patience whilst we start to open and deliver a much improved stadium and match day experience. 

18 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Arrive earlier. Buy your ticket before the day. It's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. I had no problem because I bought my ticket last week. Always the clubs fault, if 300 turn up at 2.50pm you're obviously going to have que 

I agree with all of those things. Of course it's better to buy online etc. But if the club is going to offer a POTD option then it needs to be fit for purpose and allow for likely demand. Evidently today it wasn't.

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Zzzz

Such a lazy and boring response...no disrespect intended, but this is 2016...we are telling the world we are a progressive club then we have queues past kick off time for a small crowd trying to pay on the day...and they then add a £1 booking fee when no booking has actually taken place. You obviously think complaining about this is boring?

15 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

My daughter and son in law and 5yo grandson (his first game) booked online ... not a problem.  The problem was in the Dolman where the usual numbskulls who can't put a sentence together without using the 'f' word forced them to move to seats where rather more intelligent people were sitting.  Their gripe was the fact that the Atyeo was given over to Pompey and their seats had been usurped.  Son in law is a rugby player and had to bite his lip and not react to these boring morons .. 

Should of asked them to mind there language. I must admit I've got a bit of a potty mouth but when young kids etc are around that's not acceptable. I take my eldest who's 6 and I've asked a few times to people to watch there language. And I'm not on about the odd word relating to the football it's every single word in there conversation to show off to their mates!

A solution. 

Instead of installing wi-if so people can play Pokeman instead of watching a match, how's about diverting investment in the invention of an events ticket dispensing machine for cash or card. Have a bank of say 20 of these at each of the 3 stadium entrances. Wouldn't be overly complicated, an adaption of supermarket self-servers would suffice. 

Simples. 

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Should of asked them to mind there language. I must admit I've got a bit of a potty mouth but when young kids etc are around that's not acceptable. I take my eldest who's 6 and I've asked a few times to people to watch there language. And I'm not on about the odd word relating to the football it's every single word in there conversation to show off to their mates!

Sometimes you do just have to speak up. Start of last season we had a few `lads` around us that thought it was big and clever to swear very loudly (you could tell they were trying to be `shocking` due to the fact they looked around to see what reaction they got after doing it). After a couple of games of these tedious and childish performances they were told in no uncertain terms to either shut up or ship out - they did the latter.

The sad thing was, they were all in their twenties at least.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned I haven't read through the whole thread but why when the price is £10 and I've waited in a bloody gert Que (see what I did there) to be charged a extra £1 for a booking fee when I've paid cash at a ticket office . Can someone from the club please explain this ?  

@ChippenhamRed has asked a question in the Q&A section, http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/178240-booking-fees/ and has kept it simple, let's watch and see what response he gets. If not maybe it should expanded to exactly how you have worded it as I'm sure a lot of us would like to have the full answer.

I'm just wondering if someone had only turned up with exactly their ticket money would they have been turned away as they couldn't cover the booking fee? I would like this answered.

Archived