IGNORED

If Anyone Can, City Can - ticketing!

frenchred

4 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

A solution. 

Instead of installing wi-if so people can play Pokeman instead of watching a match, how's about diverting investment in the invention of an events ticket dispensing machine for cash or card. Have a bank of say 20 of these at each of the 3 stadium entrances. Wouldn't be overly complicated, an adaption of supermarket self-servers would suffice. 

Simples. 

That'll be it, I'm sure that's what's taken up all their time.

4 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Woah...missed this in the thread..so those who POTD and paid in cash were charged a £1 booking fee...??

That's appalling from the club. 

What possible explanation is there for the fee?

Gobsmacked. 

And not only that, if you chose to print your ticket at home, take all the effort it does to do that, using your own ink/paper and time. . . YOU STILL GET CHARGED THE £1 PER TICKET?!? 

It's utterly utterly wrong. I'm disgusted that after predecessors at the club had committed to (after lots of discussion and campaigning by many including the SC&T) scrapping unnecessary and hidden fees, (including the premium rate number we used to have to ring,) that these charges have now been snuck back in. Let's not forget us season ticket holders got charged £2 per season ticket as a booking fee. 

Leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, and don't give me the "well we do have a £45 million stadium to pay for," it's been stated endless times by the powers that be, that the stadium will generate revenue based on the money it will now make with improved facilities etc. 

16 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I may be wrong but I thought that by law, you had to be able to buy a ticket at the advertised price?

The law is that compulsory fees have to be clearly disclosed at the outset when the ticket price is displayed. Also there should always be an option to buy tickets at face value without paying extra service charges. 

3 minutes ago, WRERE said:

The law is that compulsory fees have to be clearly disclosed at the outset when the ticket price is displayed. Also There should always be an option to buy tickets at face value without paying extra service charges. 

Thanks - that's what I thought.

Just to add my experience, I got to the South stand entrance at 2.30 without a ticket, spent 5 mins looking for a place to buy a ticket, only then to discover we had to leave the stadium car park, walk around the side of the ground to the Atyeo entrance, get there at about 2.43, and then queue for 30 mins for a ticket.  Frustrating, but this problem will disappear for us folk who like to pay on the day, when the ticket box is added to the Winterstoke road entrance.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

I can't understand, why in this day and age, nobody has invented an App, where you buy your ticket via your mobile phone, and then the club automatically send you a bar code for your ticket, onto your phone screen, via a picture message, which you then scan at the turnstile like with that of a paper ticket. Simple idea...in theory I'm sure it would be possible?

Be fair spud, the club haven't mastered a queue of people with cash in their hands yet, let's not run before we can walk :laugh: 

7 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

What's the £1 for though? That's what I'm trying to work out and just don't see how that's justified. 

A small admin fee for a credit card is still taking the urine but what on earth are we thinking?

Pretty crap. 

As with all such things,you hold the power.please,feel free to complain,moan,drip,give @mikeKelly earache,vent your spleen on here..but its not worth a bean if you don't use the ultimate power in your possession.be brave.

2 hours ago, WRERE said:

The law is that compulsory fees have to be clearly disclosed at the outset when the ticket price is displayed. Also there should always be an option to buy tickets at face value without paying extra service charges. 

I don't think this was ever the case. Someone needs to answer for this.

I hope we are not outsourcing ticket sales.... it's not a hard technology and Bristol Sports should be more than capable of getting a app for E-tickets / collection machine / online bookings / PoTD themselves. Would be interesting to know if those turnstyles can read phone screen barcodes...

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

And not only that, if you chose to print your ticket at home, take all the effort it does to do that, using your own ink/paper and time. . . YOU STILL GET CHARGED THE £1 PER TICKET?!? 

It's utterly utterly wrong. I'm disgusted that after predecessors at the club had committed to (after lots of discussion and campaigning by many including the SC&T) scrapping unnecessary and hidden fees, (including the premium rate number we used to have to ring,) that these charges have now been snuck back in. Let's not forget us season ticket holders got charged £2 per season ticket as a booking fee. 

Leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, and don't give me the "well we do have a £45 million stadium to pay for," it's been stated endless times by the powers that be, that the stadium will generate revenue based on the money it will now make with improved facilities etc. 

Have to get vocal on this at the next SC&T meeting (I'm sure you guys will)

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

As with all such things,you hold the power.please,feel free to complain,moan,drip,give @mikeKelly earache,vent your spleen on here..but its not worth a bean if you don't use the ultimate power in your possession.be brave.

Unlike numerous people on Internet forums and social media I can assure you that I'm no keyboard warrior. 

When I'm stood in front of those who matter next week I'll put the question to them and press for an answer, oh and convey as best as I can the genuine outrage from our supporters over this issue. 

As always you could do exactly the same. 

I have just waded through this entire thread and my God it makes a depressing read. 

I have been apoplectic with frustration myself at times over the years at the repeated failures of successive ticketing systems at AG, as my posting history on OTIB reveals. The standard excuse for at least the last two years has been that we must bear with the club whilst they complete the new stadium with its state of the art technology.  Well, it's here - and they're still managing to devise new and ingenious ways of losing customers by inconveniencing fans and pissing people off. Will they never learn?

I do accept that some individuals make life difficult for themselves and then seek to put the blame elsewhere, but this doesn't hide the fact that avoidable mistakes are still being made: the £1 admin fee for walk-up POTD sales is one particularly stark example - and, actually, a disgrace. It does, yet again, make you question the competence of the people who are paid to make these decisions.

I had no issues myself on this occasion, but there have been plenty of times in the past when I have had cause for complaint and I sympathise with the majority of those who were effected yesterday. Looking at the number of posters on this thread and adding all those others who are equally fed up but don't post here, plus those reading this bad publicity or who hear of it by word of mouth, and how much negative feedback does that amount to that could cumulatively affect the club's already lousy reputation for this sort of thing and, more to the point, how many decisions by marginal, floating POTD punters not to bother coming?

These are the people that the club is saying it wants to win back to grow its fan base and fill the stadium. Somebody in the club's marketing department needs to wake up - or seek alternative employment.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-avoid-hidden-ticket-charges

Just a quick Google search on fees has turned up that the club could be in a bit of bother over this (legally) and should people seek redress those people would be within their rights. 

@29AR what's your view on this as someone who has a better insight than me?

I posted this earlier but maybe it got lot.

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=8ae78558-e440-4724-a9bb-6b2db6234987 

My reading of this is that the "booking fee" is VAT-exempt.  The tickets cost fans £11 but the club only paid VAT on £10.

That's why it happened.  I'm a little surprised the club don't charge us £1 for the ticket, and £10 for the booking fee, considering how much effort goes into the "booking fee". :whistle:

23 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Have to get vocal on this at the next SC&T meeting (I'm sure you guys will)

Unlike numerous people on Internet forums and social media I can assure you that I'm no keyboard warrior. 

When I'm stood in front of those who matter next week I'll put the question to them and press for an answer, oh and convey as best as I can the genuine outrage from our supporters over this issue. 

As always you could do exactly the same. 

Vote with the feet,my friend..they would soon notice the error if their ways.

8 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Just a quick Google search on fees has turned up that the club could be in a bit of bother over this (legally) and should people seek redress those people would be within their rights. 

Lifted from that article...

There should always be an option to buy tickets at face value without paying extra service charges. 

For many events the only way to avoid paying any extra charges is to turn up at the venue's box office. Even then, pay cash to avoid a service charge, as some venues will charge you a fee for paying by credit card.

9 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

The key paragraph:-

"There should always be an option to buy tickets at face value without paying extra service charges. 

For many events the only way to avoid paying any extra charges is to turn up at the venue's box office. Even then, pay cash to avoid a service charge, as some venues will charge you a fee for paying by credit card."

10 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Vote with the feet,my friend..they would soon notice the error if their ways.

Understand but real change is achieved when you challenge and confront people directly. 

Walking away will justify actions to them as others would take our place and accept it as the 'norm'

5 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Understand but real change is achieved when you challenge and confront people directly. 

Walking away will justify actions to them as others would take our place and accept it as the 'norm'

Of course, your correct the club should be confronted,and rightly so it appears a shitstorm is headed their way.the saddest thing is 'they' never seem to learn from mistakes made,and this one ain't rocket science.

3 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

What is involved in buying a ticket on the day these days? Do you just hand a wodge of cash or a card over the counter or do you have to give a DNA sample and the names of your grandparents?

Aizoon! Where have you been?

Incidentally, don't they take your address when purchasing a ticket to add to mailing list/incase you cause trouble from your seat etc... That's what I thought anyway...

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Aizoon! Where have you been?

Incidentally, don't they take your address when purchasing a ticket to add to mailing list/incase you cause trouble from your seat etc... That's what I thought anyway...

I've been enjoying the summer and the excellent performances of the Glos. So you don't just hand over your £10 £11 and go in? No wonder the queues were so long :(

5 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Of course, your correct the club should be confronted,and rightly so it appears a shitstorm is headed their way.the saddest thing is 'they' never seem to learn from mistakes made,and this one ain't rocket science.

As ever, the people who make the decisions aren't confronted with the results.

For example, the airline and railway excutives are happy with the overcrowding in cattle class, because they all use First Class :(

18 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

What is involved in buying a ticket on the day these days? Do you just hand a wodge of cash or a card over the counter or do you have to give a DNA sample and the names of your grandparents?

This is why it took so long to get in.

Once the club had your DNA, Mark Ashton had to consult with 6 different colleagues to make sure you had the right DNA to support the club.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is why it took so long to get in.

Once the club had your DNA, Mark Ashton had to consult with 6 different colleagues to make sure you had the right DNA to support the club.

I believe they surreptitiously took DNA samples and fingerprints from Santa's Grotto, so they could match them against potential Gas troublemakers.

Archived