IGNORED

If Anyone Can, City Can - ticketing!

frenchred

7 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

A solution. 

Instead of installing wi-if so people can play Pokeman instead of watching a match, how's about diverting investment in the invention of an events ticket dispensing machine for cash or card. Have a bank of say 20 of these at each of the 3 stadium entrances. Wouldn't be overly complicated, an adaption of supermarket self-servers would suffice. 

Simples. 

Or failing that... Invent a turnstile for POTD, I'm sure Mrs Dolman could help out with some designs. 

Couldn't make it today and doesn't surprise me as all last season it was obvious the POTD arrangement was hardly fit for purpose however let's see what the club do for next week...

If not I expect a large amount of Food Vouchers to be issued and that the shop has an ample supply of GK socks. 

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Do you know what, the club has just undergone a transformation to a 27,000 all seater stadium so how about seeing as they are rushing to be ready for next week. Give the club a break. They have more important things to worry about today than people trying to get into the game. People may disagree but being ready for next week is vital. Everything else has taken a back seat, be patient and a little more understanding 

i wasn't there today so cant really comment on what has happened but it really does seem to be reoccurring time and time again and obviously people are going to get peeved with it, i do get your point that people need to have a bit of patience and hopefully they will get it sorted out and to be fair they need to and soon as people will just get fed up and not bother, that is the one thing we dont want to happen 

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

They have more important things to worry about today than people trying to get into the game. 

Utter nonsense. The whole point of a stadium is, believe it or not, to allow spectators to watch an event. Today's game was open for people to spend money to watch 90 minutes of football as a customer. 

Had this been a one off, I could have some sympathy, but it happened on numerous occasions last season at the rugby, showing the shortcomings of the system for pay on the day tickets.

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Or failing that... Invent a turnstile for POTD, I'm sure Mrs Dolman could help out with some designs. 

Imagine that. I'm fairly sure I turned up at the turnstile for the league game against European Champions Liverpool in 77, paid my 75p, and joined the 38,500 crowd in plenty of time for kick off. It was quite a crush in the east end mind. Oh, and we won 2-1! Or did I imagine that?

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Imagine that. I'm fairly sure I turned up at the turnstile for the league game against European Champions Liverpool in 77, paid my 75p, and joined the 38,500 crowd in plenty of time for kick off. It was quite a crush in the east end mind. Oh, and we won 2-1! Or did I imagine that?

Nope. I was there too. 

Imagine if 38,500 rocked up today. It'll take a week to clear the queues. 

Hey, this is progress though. 

I can't understand, why in this day and age, nobody has invented an App, where you buy your ticket via your mobile phone, and then the club automatically send you a bar code for your ticket, onto your phone screen, via a picture message, which you then scan at the turnstile like with that of a paper ticket. Simple idea...in theory I'm sure it would be possible?

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

I can't understand, why in this day and age, nobody has invented an App, where you buy your ticket via your mobile phone, and then the club automatically send you a bar code for your ticket, onto your phone screen, via a picture message, which you then scan at the turnstile like with that of a paper ticket. Simple idea...in theory I'm sure it would be possible?

Dragons den???

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

you know what I would of done, turn up and collected my ticket early then go to the pub, its so easy

Me as well, three people in front of me at 1.30, then in the pub for an hour.

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

You mean like the airline send me as a boarding card?

Simple @spudski but it's unfortunately not going to be implemented. 

Shame. 

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

because not all scanners are able to read from phones , you need to have specific scanner and I imagine they're very costly. 

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Do you know what, the club has just undergone a transformation to a 27,000 all seater stadium so how about seeing as they are rushing to be ready for next week. Give the club a break. They have more important things to worry about today than people trying to get into the game. People may disagree but being ready for next week is vital. Everything else has taken a back seat, be patient and a little more understanding 

Hadn't realised the people finishing the stadium were also the ticket sellers. I assumed it was different people 

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

When your asked by a female steward "home end or away end" when collecting your ticket wearing a Bristol City shirt ! Where do they get these ppl from I wonder?

Somalia I think...at least the one operating the door from the bar into the stadium was...he couldn't understand a word of English. It was like a scene from fawlty Towers trying to get a point across about tickets etc. Gave up in the end. Apparently if you smile a lot and nod your head and keep repeating 'yes sir' you get employed by the Club.

Steward sat in front of where I sat today, was getting people to move, because they couldn't see over the Beanie/hat he was wearing. You couldn't make it up...a Rasta...must have been two foot tall...looked like a bloomin chimney :laugh: Wasted talent though...like a flaming ninja as soon as he saw someone with a lager in their seat. By the way he reacted on each occasion I thought it was some kind of terrorist threat. ;-)

9 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

When your asked by a female steward "home end or away end" when collecting your ticket wearing a Bristol City shirt ! Where do they get these ppl from I wonder?

Don't worry. They are too busy being highly trained explosives experts to worry about a minor detail like that!

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Hadn't realised the people finishing the stadium were also the ticket sellers. I assumed it was different people 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned I haven't read through the whole thread but why when the price is £10 and I've waited in a bloody gert Que (see what I did there) to be charged a extra £1 for a booking fee when I've paid cash at a ticket office . Can someone from the club please explain this ?  

So you were charged a quid for buying a ticket, not booking one?

Shocking if that is the case. Bordering on the criminal. Fair enough if your booking fee goes towards the admin and fulfilment of the transaction, but to buy a ten quid ticket face to face and be charged a premium without prior warning?

@MKelly think you need to clarify.

54 minutes ago, spudski said:

FortressGB who provide the RFID card system also provide app ticketing.

The image suggests Cardiff and Reading may already be using it? 

http://www.fortressgb.com/solution/access-control/

44 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

You mean like the airline send me as a boarding card?

Simple @spudski but it's unfortunately not going to be implemented. 

Shame. 

You mean like a pre-booked ticket, which you can order before you turn up at the gate, and 'print out' and hand it in? Sorry, I know I'm being a sarcy nob in this response but the point is you're talking about pre-orders rather than turn up on the gate and hand over moneys for entrance. And we have a pre-order and print ticket option in place already. I'm not sure any new, Apple scan tech would've helped today or be worth the club's outlay.   

I don't think it's a solution that's going to fix a problem because it still relies upon pre-orders. And we have a pre-order system in place. 

7 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You mean like a pre-booked ticket, which you can order before you turn up at the gate, and 'print out' and hand it in? Sorry, I know I'm being a sarcy nob in this response but the point is you're talking about pre-orders rather than turn up on the gate and hand over moneys for entrance. And we have a pre-order and print ticket option in place already. I'm not sure any new, Apple scan tech would've helped today or be worth the club's outlay.   

I don't think it's a solution that's going to fix a problem because it still relies upon pre-orders. And we have a pre-order system in place. 

But if you could use it to buy your ticket as you walk into the car park you could then head straight for a turnstile rather than a queue?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

You can do this on some London transport, airlines, coaches and Music events so it's available - I doubt it would costs much to do if Bristol Sport wanted to make one for their ticketing... probably see it some time in the future.

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

But if you could use it to buy your ticket as you walk into the car park you could then head straight for a turnstile rather than a queue?

Hammer to a nut though isn't it? 

I do have some sympathy don't get me wrong. But let's not forget this is only a friendly. Most league games you ought not have this many turn up on a whim. Nonetheless I expect few of those attendees today were on a whim but just couldn't be arsed booking a ticket until they had the last pint they could've, at which point they expected to walk in. For a league game they're probably the same who would've paid in advance and printed off.

Im not slagging, I've been known to be in the bar finishing the dregs at 2:55 and wandered in to meet a queue and been slightly late in to the Ateyo. But I don't think this the event to judge and also I'm of the mind if I turn up at anything after 2:30 I have myself to blame and no place to blame the club 

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Obviously not but a fair majority did. 

The "majority" showed up at 3pm to buy a ticket for a match starting at 3pm? Are you seriously claiming that?

I think you insult people's intelligence. Most people who show up needing to buy a ticket will know they need to allow some time to buy it and then pass through the turnstile. I do not accept that the queue was caused by people showing up at 3pm.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The "majority" showed up at 3pm to buy a ticket for a match starting at 3pm? Are you seriously claiming that?

I think you insult people's intelligence. Most people who show up needing to buy a ticket will know they need to allow some time to buy it and then pass through the turnstile. I do not accept that the queue was caused by people showing up at 3pm.

Lots of these people were in and around ground from long before 3pm. They should have bought ticket early then gone to pub. 

Anyway I'm done with this subject , were going round in circles and I've got boxing to watch on TV.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

@ChippenhamRed has asked a question in the Q&A section, http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/178240-booking-fees/ and has kept it simple, let's watch and see what response he gets. If not maybe it should expanded to exactly how you have worded it as I'm sure a lot of us would like to have the full answer.

I'm just wondering if someone had only turned up with exactly their ticket money would they have been turned away as they couldn't cover the booking fee? I would like this answered.

Really good question. If tickets are advertised as £10 then £10 they should pay. Someone could reasonably not know about the booking fee - which is not in the headline price - and show up only with the correct change.

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So you were charged a quid for buying a ticket, not booking one?

Shocking if that is the case. Bordering on the criminal. Fair enough if your booking fee goes towards the admin and fulfilment of the transaction, but to buy a ten quid ticket face to face and be charged a premium without prior warning?

@MKelly think you need to clarify.

Ho hum http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=8ae78558-e440-4724-a9bb-6b2db6234987 

Just saying like.  No idea if #BristolSport are making Bristol City a tax dodging enterprise.  Like people who live in Guernsey...

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Really good question. If tickets are advertised as £10 then £10 they should pay. Someone could reasonably not know about the booking fee - which is not in the headline price - and show up only with the correct change.

Now this I 100% agree. Down with booking fees !!

I turned up today and purchased 4 tickets for the game and renewed two membership cards at the same time. I was charged £6 in booking fees for the privilege!! As others have already stated prior to today this has not been mentioned or printed anywhere. Really poor show from bcfc/Bristol sport

Archived