IGNORED

If Anyone Can, City Can - ticketing!

frenchred

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I can just imagine me quoting a fee to a client to do some work for them, then invoicing them for 10% more...the laughter down the phone....followed by the anger...followed by "we will never be using your company EVER again".

Sort it out BS FFS.

And that really is one of the main points.  City are desparately trying to turn the irregulars into regulars - well this is one belter of a way to make sure that the casual fan doesn't turn up again.

And then they try and to defend it and say we are in the wrong and don't understand. Really? Really?

As you say, sort it out FFS before we lose a host of potential new and returning supporters.

I have plenty of times said why can't the club have a pay turnstile and been told they don't trust the people who run them. (Let people in cheap etc.) also the club need to know who is sitting in each seat.

Watched Fleetwood Wigan Friday walked up to window asked for 2 tickets 1 adult £10 1 child £1 and shock horror paid £11 and tickets were printed there and then.

Watched Rochdale a fortnight ago and paid on the turnstile, so why can other clubs do it and not ours.

Will this ticket system be paid for in 1 season? Have we got to pay all the time for it.

What company is providing this service? I just hope that they are not connected to anyone at the club, who decided it would be ok to start charging people again when we were told all charges had been dropped.

What I can't work out is who in there right mind signed off a system which is costing the club at least £100k per season 

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The more I think about it the more astonishing it is. Is there really a software company out there making £2 per ticket and therefore half a million pounds a year from a contract with one football club?

Anyone out there with the expertise to confirm if this sounds about right?

It depends what the overall contract structure is, ie whether there is a licence on top of this, how much (if anything) was paid for installation and specification etc.  Not sure anyone outside the club will know for sure.

is there a massive amount of Deja Vue about this all?  didn't we go through this years ago with Sexstone and fan pressure got it scrapped?

Lansdown must be pulling his hair out with some decision from his employees, new season, new players, new stands and this is rightly one of the top topics in the build up, not what he would have wanted 

5 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I have plenty of times said why can't the club have a pay turnstile and been told they don't trust the people who run them. (Let people in cheap etc.) also the club need to know who is sitting in each seat.

Watched Fleetwood Wigan Friday walked up to window asked for 2 tickets 1 adult £10 1 child £1 and shock horror paid £11 and tickets were printed there and then.

Watched Rochdale a fortnight ago and paid on the turnstile, so why can other clubs do it and not ours.

Will this ticket system be paid for in 1 season? Have we got to pay all the time for it.

What company is providing this service? I just hope that they are not connected to anyone at the club, who decided it would be ok to start charging people again when we were told all charges had been dropped.

What I can't work out is who in there right mind signed off a system which is costing the club at least £100k per season 

Generally speaking, people don't own software, they pay a licence fee.

If that is the case then this two quid a time thing is here to stay.

15 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

There used to be a cash turnstile on the EE for away fans till it was knocked down. Easy for unreserved seating I suppose.

On 8/3/2016 at 03:42, Robin1988 said:

I don't think they even realise the logistics of it. The point isn't that you have to incorporate the booking fee whether it's in person or not - ok, that's fair enough.

But if someone turns up with the exact ticket money, with no prior knowledge of the booking fee as it is not advertised anywhere on the matchday ticket page here, they will be turned away through no fault of their own.

That's about as stealthy as it gets.

It's right at the very bottom of that page, below Gold Matchday Pricing.  Still stinks like a decaying dead skunk, mind.

12 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

It's right at the very bottom of that page, below Gold Matchday Pricing.  Still stinks like a decaying dead skunk, mind.

It wasn't yesterday! You can see an old version (thanks Google) here - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bdDNiuhs-rsJ:www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/matchday-prices-revealed-for-201617-3196865.aspx+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Noted.  That just adds to the shabbiness of the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Sixtyseconds said:

New kit? You can't see it .. WE design it. WE know best.

Tickets ... No WE know best.

Ban that flag ... WE know best.

Fans could be used here? Silly. WE know best.

Deja vu? Its always there.

Expect the away kit has supposedly be redesigned after FAN backlash

The ticketing system isn't in house, so not the club saying they know best

Flag one you might have right, except the club have been cooperative with S82 with their flag displays

Fans being worked with for the Pub that could be going in...?

Comrade 169 you've just underlined it more.

The light at the end of their tunnel and their salaries will not expire if they ask what do you think about blue before design, what do you think about this 10% slab on, are you a right wing right racist with a fetish for hanging cloth around football stadiums ...

Nasty fans are not out to get them.

They catch themselves out easily.

• Admin
1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

It's right at the very bottom of that page, below Gold Matchday Pricing.

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

It wasn't yesterday! You can see an old version

SNEAKY BASTARDS! 

Even leaving the date of the story as yesterday! 

20160804_145515.png

20160804_145532.png

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

SNEAKY BASTARDS! 

Even leaving the date of the story as yesterday! 

20160804_145515.png

20160804_145532.png

That's because of the Asa thing I pointed out,

it still doesn't wash and it still stinks and we should continue to kick up an almighty fuss until it's gone

2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Comrade 169 you've just underlined it more.

The light at the end of their tunnel and their salaries will not expire if they ask what do you think about blue before design, what do you think about this 10% slab on, are you a right wing right racist with a fetish for hanging cloth around football stadiums ...

Nasty fans are not out to get them.

They catch themselves out easily.

If the club were saying they know best as you suggested, why would they change the design of the kit after, they know best after all. Same with the the flags, they are ok with it now, they shot themselves in the foot before but have changed their stance.

As for the booking fee- I'm not defending that at all, though it isn't a "10% slab on" either, it happened to be for the Pompey game, but it's a fixed £1 charge regardless of the game. As said, not defending the charge, but making it out to be a bigger thing than it is doesn't help your point at all. 

The club should add the pound charge to the ticket price and get rid of the booking fee- as many people have said they wouldn't mind if that had been the case, or preferably just get rid of the fee and come out and say they made a mistake by implementing it the way that they did.

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Generally speaking, people don't own software, they pay a licence fee.

If that is the case then this two quid a time thing is here to stay.

Exactly this. I was looking to find a desk and room booking system today. Trying to find an application I can just install on a server seems impossible.  Everything is SaaS with fees scaling to how many desks and rooms are used. Then there's the "service fee of x% of total bill" ect ect.

The days of COTS software seem to be coming to an end, with developers realising they can rinse customers by offering solutions that they conveniently host.

22 minutes ago, City169 said:

If the club were saying they know best as you suggested, why would they change the design of the kit after, they know best after all. Same with the the flags, they are ok with it now, they shot themselves in the foot before but have changed their stance..

Same with the flags, they are ok .. In the Dolman they are not. Still waiting on the last enquiry seven months ago, after the ones in the summer of 2015, after the meeting of December 2014 .. It is no longer being pursued.

Thought and the odd word in the Supporters Trust ear e.g Miles / Stuart (skilled and knowledgeable) would be preventative. The adverse column inches and the actors on TV would not appear.

It is that simple.

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

The supporters club and trust have been, I can assure you. :) 

Discussions between the SC&T and the club / Bristol Sport are achieving some progress on this issue and we hope to be in a position to make a statement on some positive developments during the day tomorrow.

Archived