IGNORED

My fear

Alan Dicks

Maybe with the larger away followings, but It should be ok most games - today was just low key, people chatting, having a drink and checking out the new stand.... lowly opposition friendly was just background to it.... kinda like watching cricket,

Without opening a can of worms it's always different wherever you're sat and a full house of league support will always make a monumental difference. 

Last season for instance I was in the Ateyo, and will be this year. I can count on two hands the times I heard away fans whilst stood in the Ateyo last year. That's about as many times as I could hear either the south stand or the Dolman last year, although I'm not for a moment insinuating either was silent, just that it didn't carry. 

That's so as from what I'm told, just as I couldn't hear the south stand the south stand couldn't hear the Ateyo, except the instantly recognisable 'X stand bounce around'. 

Perhaps we just accept all stands project in to a massive void and sound gets lost, except when 5k are rattling around.  

That said, if we are ever in a position to redevelop the Ateyo I hope the idea is to shove away fans on an upper tier in a corner with segregation in front a la old Trafford. Still think that's what a good portion of the West Stand upper ought to have been used for. Block the 10 or so rows above the boxes and cram them in to the rest and let the home fans be close to the pitch. Give home fans the rest.   

9 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

After todays match where pompey fans had all the Atyeo and where only 750 of them made it seem like they were the home fans, im worried that this will be repeated every match this season.

Ffs

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....:sleeping:

22 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Big season ahead for section 82 in the Atyeo. Bristol Sport have bent over backwards giving them what they want. they will not be drowned out every week but if they continue to behave like they did last season the stand should be reviewed quickly.

Maybe they need a decent rhythm section like the Pompey Town Band yesterday - who were probably the stand out performance.

Drums in the Atyeo - might even get us dancing and singing in the Dolman.....

26 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Big season ahead for section 82 in the Atyeo. Bristol Sport have bent over backwards giving them what they want. they will not be drowned out every week but if they continue to behave like they did last season the stand should be reviewed quickly.

Perhaps if they were given what was originally proposed -  priority on space in the south stand - it would have saved lots of debate and any cost to the club.

Don't think they've 'bent over backwards' really, just given them a selection of pretty mediocre compromise solutions.

Bristol sport have given section 82 a section to stand allow them flags to do what they want looking at a bar and will probably according to bar bs3 lose money some games to accommodate them. add cheap tickets. not a great stand the Atyeo but they are getting a lot the rest dont . don't think they will get drowned out by the away fans but with a bit of self policing they will do better.

37 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Who are "they"and what did "they" do wrong Truered?1400 of "us" in there last year and I would suggest that the vast majority were perfectly well behaved.

3 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Abusing fans in the Dolman fighting amongst themselves and slapping up CFS and stickers everywhere about abusing dogs reflects badly on all in the stand.

I would suggest that was a very small minority though.Do you honestly think those incidents are a fair representation of all Atyeo fans?

12 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Abusing fans in the Dolman fighting amongst themselves and slapping up CFS and stickers everywhere about abusing dogs reflects badly on all in the stand.

You do realise that stickers were brought by fans who sit all round the ground and are not just the work of fans who stand in the Atyeo?

The belters reflect badly on all and that is the way it goes with football fans you get tarred. if that behaviour happens again the stand should be reviewed. if self policing is not done the big opportunity Bristol sport have given you will be blown. big season for the Atyeo ahead. concentrate on supporting the team v bigging the Atyeo crew up and the away fans will be drowned out.

Like many things Truered the focus is too easily applied to the minority at fault and not the majority who are blameless. Only one thousand of us in the Atyeo this year.Don't know if this will make much difference to anything.I feel sorry for the S82 boys.They seem a positive bunch of lads and put in a lot of effort which is appreciated by many in the ground,not just the Atyeo,and it seems that anything negative that happens in the stand is directed at them.I take your point about everyone getting tarred with the same brush in a wider sense,but I would like to think that those supporters that have been at AG when isolated incidents have occurred have seen with their own eyes that it is a very small percentage of people playing up.I would imagine maybe ten people were involved in the fighting.It may have been a few more or a few less.But for every fan fighting 139 were not.The chants at the Dolman,though probably meant as a joke,were ill advised.Again though for however many unwisely joined in,many more did not.

Section 82 or what used to be the Eastend Ultras and the club have scored a home goal in my opinion.

If only a thousand home ST have been allocated in the Ateyo it will not be enough to generate an atmosphere especially when the like of Wolves, Villa, Leeds and Newcastle come down. 

By isolating yourself in a small enclave in the Atyeo will do nothing to improve the atmosphere in the ground, if that 1000s supporters were behind the goal in the South stand it will encourage the other 5000 supporters in that stand to sing and get behind the in a more energetic way. 

Now are most vocal supporters have getthoise themselves  away from other fans I think that it will have negative effect on the overall atmosphere.

38 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Section 82 or what used to be the Eastend Ultras and the club have scored a home goal in my opinion.

If only a thousand home ST have been allocated in the Ateyo it will not be enough to generate an atmosphere especially when the like of Wolves, Villa, Leeds and Newcastle come down. 

By isolating yourself in a small enclave in the Atyeo will do nothing to improve the atmosphere in the ground, if that 1000s supporters were behind the goal in the South stand it will encourage the other 5000 supporters in that stand to sing and get behind the in a more energetic way. 

Now are most vocal supporters have getthoise themselves  away from other fans I think that it will have negative effect on the overall atmosphere.

you are correct in one aspect that sometimes might get drowned out but as for us still being in the atyeo that's down to the club they could of designated part of the south stand as has been discussed before  so saying we have isolated ourselves is a bit of bull, also why should it take a small amount of fans to get the rest going everyone has there own voice but unfortunately it seems a lot of people just seem to just keep quiet, I absolutely love it when I hear the whole ground singing there is no better feeling but it only happens on minimal occasions it seems

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Like many things Truered the focus is too easily applied to the minority at fault and not the majority who are blameless. Only one thousand of us in the Atyeo this year.Don't know if this will make much difference to anything.I feel sorry for the S82 boys.They seem a positive bunch of lads and put in a lot of effort which is appreciated by many in the ground,not just the Atyeo,and it seems that anything negative that happens in the stand is directed at them.I take your point about everyone getting tarred with the same brush in a wider sense,but I would like to think that those supporters that have been at AG when isolated incidents have occurred have seen with their own eyes that it is a very small percentage of people playing up.I would imagine maybe ten people were involved in the fighting.It may have been a few more or a few less.But for every fan fighting 139 were not.The chants at the Dolman,though probably meant as a joke,were ill advised.Again though for however many unwisely joined in,many more did not.

The problem is society has to move at the pace of the slowest walkers, the minority do hold the Atyeo back. I want to try and have a rocking Ashton Gatex and I'm sure the club would be more supportive of this all around the ground if there wasn't a concer about the idiots that fight each other, or bellowing out  certain words to describe our fans who happen to sit in a different stand.

With the season starting next Saturday it's a shame this is getting dragged up again. No one condones what happened last season in the atyeo but it was the minority . I have seen over the years several incidents with city fans fighting with each other unfortunately home and away. I have seen incidents in the dolman involving city fans which aren't very tasteful. Do I think all dolman fans are like that of course not . Let's just move on and let's all get behind the team . I can't wait to get in the atyeo next week and try to get the atmosphere going . If people don't want to sing that's fine. But let's not keep trying to criticise the majority in the atyeo. The same as I don't criticise the majority when things happen in other parts of the ground. Up the city

8 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

The thing is....they will be drowned out next season.  They have literally two sections of the Atyeo. 

Most away fans will sell out there allocation and drown that tiny little corner.

the club and section 82 had a real chance to build something this season else where in the ground, and get a lot more people involved.

They chose not to. Next season the home atmosphere will be shocking.

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The thing is....they will be drowned out next season.  They have literally two sections of the Atyeo. 

Most away fans will sell out there allocation and drown that tiny little corner.

the club and section 82 had a real chance to build something this season else where in the ground, and get a lot more people involved.

They chose not to. Next season the home atmosphere will be shocking.

I disagree Andy, in my experience (34 years watching City) the City fans respond the most passionately when there is a larger away following. With away fans now having 2500 tickets after a few years of small allocations I expect City fans to be vociferous against those with big followings Cardiff, Villa, Newcastle, Derby, Birmingham etc.

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

With the season starting next Saturday it's a shame this is getting dragged up again. No one condones what happened last season in the atyeo but it was the minority . I have seen over the years several incidents with city fans fighting with each other unfortunately home and away. I have seen incidents in the dolman involving city fans which aren't very tasteful. Do I think all dolman fans are like that of course not . Let's just move on and let's all get behind the team . I can't wait to get in the atyeo next week and try to get the atmosphere going . If people don't want to sing that's fine. But let's not keep trying to criticise the majority in the atyeo. The same as I don't criticise the majority when things happen in other parts of the ground. Up the city

There was a guy in the Dolman last year who for some reason was dressed as Jimmy Saville.I personally thought that it was pretty poor taste.However I do not believe that it reflects in any way on everybody else in the Dolman.

6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

There was a guy in the Dolman last year who for some reason was dressed as Jimmy Saville.I personally thought that it was pretty poor taste.However I do not believe that it reflects in any way on everybody else in the Dolman.

Thank you on behalf of Doman Season Ticket Holders!

Archived