IGNORED

Supporters Club and Trust bar - Saturday - please read.

Dollymarie

Starting this Saturday, the SC&T members have a temporary home until we sort out a permanent one.  This will be open pre-match from 12 on Saturday. Arrangements for this are as follows.

• Go to the back of the South Stand on the Dolman side, and head to the VIP entrance.
  • Go inside the door where either Trina or myself will be waiting. If either of us should for some unforeseen reason not be there, then say you are a Supporters Club & Trust member and need to go to the 2nd floor to get to the area for members.
  • A steward is likely to want to see your match tickets/season tickets and will probably scan them so you don't have to go back out of the stadium later on to get to your seat.
  • Either I or Trina will direct you there, or when you get out of the lift, turn left and walk along the corridor to the 3rd door where there will hopefully be a sign to confirm you are in the right place.
  • Inside there will be space/seating for approximately 70 people on a first come first served basis. There will be facilities to buy drinks as well as a food option to purchase. 
  • When you want to leave to get to your seat, you can either go back out the way you came and there is an internal door to the South Stand, to get to your seat or either myself or Trina will take you to the other door that will come out into the Dolman concourse where again you can then get to your seat.

As mentioned, this is temporary while we negotiate our permanent home and get all that sorted. Once we have details on that, we will of course be passing that info on. Trina will have your membership cards to give you for games going forward. 

Shout if you have any questions or if you think I've missed anything, and sorry for the lateness in this information being passed on. 

:) 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Right, so starting Saturday, the SC&T members have a temporary home until we sort out a permanent one.  This will be open pre-match from 12 on Saturday. Arrangements for this are as follows.

* Go to the back of the South Stand on the Dolman side, and head to the VIP entrance.

* Go inside the door where either Trina or myself will be waiting, if either of us should for some unforeseen reason be there, then say you are a supporters club and trust member and need to go to the 2nd floor to get to the area for members.

*A steward is likely to want to see your match tickets/season tickets and will likely scan  them so you don't have to go back out of the stadium to get to your seat.

*Either me or Trina will direct you there, or when you get out of the lift, turn left and walk along the corridor to the 3rd door where there will hopefully be a sign to confirm you are in the right place.

*Inside there will be space/seating for approximately 70 people on a first come first served basis. There will be facilities to buy drinks as well as a food option to purchase. 

*When you want to leave to get to your seat, you can either go back out the way you came and there is an internal door to the South Stand, to get to your seat or either myself or Trina will take you to the other door that will come out into the Dolman concourse where again you can get then to your seat.

As mentioned, this is temporary while we negotiate our permanent home and get all that sorted. Once we have details on that, we will of course be passing that info on. Trina will have your membership cards to give you for games going forward. 

Shout if you have any questions or if you think I've missed anything, and sorry for the lateness in this information being passed on. 

You're all right then, how about the rest of us mere mortals?

10 minutes ago, harrys said:

Any chance of me and 50 of my mates set up a little supporters group so we can have an elite little bar for ourselves?

It's not a new thing, it's the same supporters club (and now trust) that has been in existence for decades now, and have always had a space at the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It's not a new thing, it's the same supporters club (and now trust) that has been in existence for decades now. 

I know it's not a new thing, I joined for 2 years in the mid 90's, didn't enjoy for the first year, thought I'd give it another year but enjoyed it even less, I thought it was wrong last year when we were packed in like sardines in the sports bar while being looked down on from above by a half empty supporters/trust "elite"

We are all supporters and I just feel we should all have an equal opportunity to use which ever bar we please, anyway DM can you sort me out a bar for me and 50 of my mates?

10 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Are membership cards sent out annually, Or is this just for the bar entry which is a different thing?

As has been called out a couple of times, with the club effectively 'gifting' space to the trust, you have to question how independent they are (I know this goes back to the time of Harry Dolman and 82)

Also, I don't think I've ever seen SCAT actively market membership on a match day. I'd expect them to have a little stand somewhere telling people what they do, what their aims are and how being a member would help.

Without that, it does seem a bit of a closed shop which might be where some of the resentment comes from.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As has been called out a couple of times, with the club effectively 'gifting' space to the trust, you have to question how independent they are (I know this goes back to the time of Harry Dolman and 82)

Also, I don't think I've ever seen SCAT actively market membership on a match day. I'd expect them to have a little stand somewhere telling people what they do, what their aims are and how being a member would help.

Without that, it does seem a bit of a closed shop which might be where some of the resentment comes from.

Once we get our permanent home there are plans to have a kiosk where an SC&T member will be to chat to about any issues, and/or join. 

Feel free to come and find myself or Trina on Saturday to collect a membership form. We have sadly been very limited on numbers space in the bar for the last almost 2 years due to the redevelopment. Failing that, our aims etc are on our website. http://bristolcitysupporters.org

Our meetings are the first Wednesday of every month, and anyone is welcome to attend. 

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Seriously?

When I joined the Supporters Club (London Branch) as was I had to fill in a form, provide a passport photo, and get the chairman of the LB to recommend me for membership.

I didn't know anything about it in advance or what my membership fees went on.  It let me drink in the SC bar before the game but the days of their arranging travel were long gone.

Nowadays there is a link at the top of this page taking you to the ST site.  The benefits of each level of membership are clearly set out and you can join online.

I don't think it ever was a closed shop but it clearly isn't now.  Even Dopey Darryl or Wael can join.

As to independence, well the time for independence is when the club is being run into the ground.  I would like to think that had we had the debacle of Higgs' chairmanship here then the ST would be orgainising protests and boycotts rather than just sheepishly accepting what they're given.  At the moment we have a brand new stadium ad big money signings so I wouldn't expect the ST to be banging the table in frustration quite yet.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Had a card last season, do I need to provide anything new or will it automatically be renewed?

You need to pay the membership fee again and then you will get a new card. Anyone who hasn't yet paid, will make sure with Trina we have a list of members to check off. I'm not sure about needing a new photo, will check that :) 

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Any chance of me and 50 of my mates set up a little supporters group so we can have an elite little bar for ourselves?

No, but that would involve getting off your arse and not sniping at those trying to make a positive difference, but let us know when you're sending membership forms out.

To make a difference, you need money. To get money, you need members. To get members, you need incentive. Such is life.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You need to pay the membership fee again and then you will get a new card. Anyone who hasn't yet paid, will make sure with Trina we have a list of members to check off. I'm not sure about needing a new photo, will check that :) 

Assume this is the £5 a month?

The subject of the supporters club crops up on a regular basis. Can anybody explain what it does that benefits the club in such a way it is given its own bar in return? (Not trying to be funny, just a genuine question)

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It's not a new thing, it's the same supporters club (and now trust) that has been in existence for decades now, and have always had a space at the ground. 

Have the club included a bar for the SC & T in the redevelopment , that's just not ready yet.............hence the temporary solution....or do you not know where you will be going because the club didn't consider or make provision for a space and are now trying to cobble something together?

Genuine question - I'm not a member any more - but it does seem that you're booted out of your space every year !

29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The subject of the supporters club crops up on a regular basis. Can anybody explain what it does that benefits the club in such a way it is given its own bar in return? (Not trying to be funny, just a genuine question)

I thought it was tradition and an acknowledgement that when clubs fall upon hard times then it is to the supporters club that they look for help.  I don't think BCFC does an annual profit and loss account of supporters club benefits vs costs.

Bournemouth supporters rescued their club a few years back; I know somebody who was involved.  This was before the foreign money takeover.  Exeter supporters did the same and still own their club.

28 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Have the club included a bar for the SC & T in the redevelopment , that's just not ready yet.............hence the temporary solution....or do you not know where you will be going because the club didn't consider or make provision for a space and are now trying to cobble something together?

Genuine question - I'm not a member any more - but it does seem that you're booted out of your space every year !

We are likely to be moving back to the old bar in the Dolman, but it was partially gutted due to the redevelopment, as the contractors have been understandably getting the stadium ready, sorting that area out has not been a priority. We are in negotiations with regards to how much of the cost of sorting the space out the SC&T will be funding, and how much will be met by the club, hence the second reason for a delay.

And yes, we are a bit fed up with all the moving around!

@phantom and everyone wondering about membership cards for this season. Message from Trina 

If people want/can bring photos that's great - if not I can cut then off last seasons card or they can email me a picture that I can print at home. 

I will have some cards with me on Saturday that we can issue but it is easier for me to do them at home.

You can give them my email address/phone number if required. 

Archived