IGNORED

Mark Ashton

Let's all take a step back to a year ago and think about how frustrating it all was with silly bids and not being able to get anyone in.

In comes Mark Ashton and my god what a differance a year makes, I take my hat of to you sir and your team behind the scenes a job very well done  in deed.

Also credit to who ever brought him in as well.

Happy Dayz

7 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Let's all take a step back to a year ago and think about how frustrating it all was with silly bids and not being able to get anyone in.

In comes Mark Ashton and my god what a differance a year makes, I take my hat of to you sir and your team behind the scenes a job very well done  in deed.

Happy DNA

8 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Happy Dayz

Yep - a huge difference has been made compared to a year ago.

We take the piss out of the corporate speak etc, and were uneasy given what some Oxford fans said about him, but really he does seem to be part of a team taking us very much in the right direction. It must be in his DNA!

25 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Yep - a huge difference has been made compared to a year ago.

We take the piss out of the corporate speak etc, and were uneasy given what some Oxford fans said about him, but really he does seem to be part of a team taking us very much in the right direction. It must be in his DNA!

Wasn't it Watford fans who were slating him, rather than Oxford??

From the first time I heard him interviewed he got my attention, and he hasn't let go ever since. He talks the talk, but apparently he's got the strut to go with it too. Obviously gets on with SL & LJ as well. Seems we've been waiting forever for those 3 people in those 3 key positions to get on.....long may in continue

Maybe we should name the stadium after him

44 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

From the first time I heard him interviewed he got my attention, and he hasn't let go ever since. He talks the talk, but apparently he's got the strut to go with it too. Obviously gets on with SL & LJ as well. Seems we've been waiting forever for those 3 people in those 3 key positions to get on.....long may in continue

Mark ? 

10 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

He has certainly improved our deal making. When I joined, I wanted him to stop talking and get doing. He has done. All signings for me are interesting, and have potential, and are as good as we can expect in the league we are in, and after the season we had last. He will move a few out too now. Much much better. At last...... Well done 

Agreed. I was a sceptic...I was wrong it seems, he's certainly delivered players in the key positions. Can't wait for the season to start.

Think he's very impressive. We've needed a person like him here for years.

He's clearly done his bit off the pitch, time for the playing staff to do theirs on it.

Was very odd how so many of our supporters disliked him for little more than speaking with jargon. I'm convinced some would've been happy if our transfer window went poorly so their irrational dislike could be vindicated!

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Fair play, the suit's done well - but for me this will ALWAYS be the Dribuild Stadium.

I'm very pleased with the summer's business on paper, how it pans out on the pitch is never easily predictable but right now we've done as well in the market as anyone could have reasonably asked. Credit where it's due, big well done to Mark Ashton, Lee Johnson, and thanks as ever to SL. 

Disappointed of course that we haven't brought in the same calibre of upper Management as the G*s but Ashton has done a pretty good job in the circumstances, you know considering there is a bigger club in the area with a billionaire owner and all that..... :whistle:

Looks good so far. Let's hope it lasts and pays off on the pitch as well this time.  Not a knock at Mark Ashton but it's worth noting that the last few summers aside from last season have been decent, so while he's clearly partly responsible for this one seemingly going well, it's not like it's a completely new thing to our club.

3 minutes ago, #roe said:

Looks good so far. Let's hope it lasts and pays off on the pitch as well this time.  Not a knock at Mark Ashton but it's worth noting that the last few summers aside from last season have been decent, so while he's clearly partly responsible for this one seemingly going well, it's not like it's a completely new thing to our club.

He worked with the club as an advisor the summer of our promotion season, so including this one, our last 2 good pre seasons have- at least partly- been down to him being involved

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well MA has produced the goods this summer and seems to be winning those sceptical posters wrong......just as I thought he would.

Hes a very impressive bloke and well done SL for appointing him.

The way I see it, SL clearly trusts MA to spend his money wisely.  An excellent summer of business along with new contract for Korey Smith.

should mark Ashton be on a bonus incentive he will have most definitely earned it.

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

He worked with the club as an advisor the summer of our promotion season, so including this one, our last 2 good pre seasons have- at least partly- been down to him being involved

Fair shout.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wonder if LJ's forecast of needing 3 transfer windows is way ahead of schedule, or are we going to look back on this summers' business and think "that was just the start"..?! 

He said in an interview recently that we have caught up a bit, so we are ahead of schedule

2 hours ago, #roe said:

Different gravy this time though I reckon. Two years ago we were the club that everyone who was any good wanted to come to but this time we`ve had to try and attract quality players to a club that struggled for most of last season. To get four signings from premier league clubs, one from Juventus and one from Bayern and not forgetting a rising star and ROI international and a player who Barnsley were gutted to see leave speaks volumes for the work put in in selling BCFC to those players/clubs.

It does also help that we`re not a car crash of a club like Leeds and many others.

Well done to all concerned. It`s taken a while but BCFC are now obviously seen as a good place to play your football and not just a place to get your fat paycheck for doing **** all.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wonder if LJ's forecast of needing 3 transfer windows is way ahead of schedule, or are we going to look back on this summers' business and think "that was just the start"..?! 

This is just the start.

Consolidation team plus roots of something special (I hope......)

I should know better at my age, but it is the same every year just before the season starts........

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Different gravy this time though I reckon. Two years ago we were the club that everyone who was any good wanted to come to but this time we`ve had to try and attract quality players to a club that struggled for most of last season. To get four signings from premier league clubs, one from Juventus and one from Bayern and not forgetting a rising star and ROI international and a player who Barnsley were gutted to see leave speaks volumes for the work put in in selling BCFC to those players/clubs.

It does also help that we`re not a car crash of a club like Leeds and many others.

Well done to all concerned. It`s taken a while but BCFC are now obviously seen as a good place to play your football and not just a place to get your fat paycheck for doing **** all.

Yep, still, I am sure Zach Clough is still happy with daddy's advice :tease:

Archived