IGNORED

Replica Shirts / #Hashtags no more ! (Merged)

RUSSEL85

Bristol Sport has been in dialogue with the governing body for football for a number of months over the use of hashtags on the Bristol City shirt.

It is with great disappointment that we have just been informed that the team will not be able to wear the replica shirt. Therefore, they will wear the home shirt but without the hashtags on.

This shirt has been our best selling one to date and we are continuing discussions with the relevant authorities in the hope that some compromise can be found.

We will offer a refund to any supporter who wishes to return their shirt (see T&C’s below) however the hashtags will remain in place on the retail replica version.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think they look smart, what on earth is the problem with them using them? If it said www.bcfc.co.uk would that be an issue too? We have massive Lancer Scott logo in the middle of the shirt but no "hashtags" in small writing in an inconspicuous place? What is the reasoning behind that?

I would have preferred a white line across in their place, the shirt would have looked odd without some kind of trim there, but not as offended by them as some on here seem to be

6 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Technically advertising I suppose. On a part of the shirt where advertising isn't allowed?

Still, I'd much rather it was the other way round - hashtags on the players' shirts but not on the replicas. I might buy one then. 

4 minutes ago, #roe said:

Brilliant.

Yeah, I guess it goes against advertising regulations. Seems odd that the club have "just been informed" now though.

So the rule is, you can have a huge advert for a company that isn't much to do with the club that the players play for, but you can't advertise a communication link to the club that they do? It's like something out of a Joseph Heller novel!

15 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Good they were shit. Take them off the replica as well. start dialogue with fans for next season before they fck anything else up.

The club have said they are their best selling shirts - so the club were right on ignoring OTIB posters moaning on this one - 

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So the rule is, you can have a huge advert for a company that isn't much to do with the club that the players play for, but you can't advertise a communication link to the club that they do? It's like something out of a Joseph Heller novel!

I'd imagine the rule is one sponsor on the front (Lancer Scott) and one on the back (whatever we put under the collar these days). The sleeves are used for "EFL" branding and I think the shorts/socks can't be used either.

About time they hired a professional statement writer.  This one is equally as vague and inaccurate as the last few they've tossed out. According to this one, the club have been in discussions for "a number of months" and yet they claim to have only just found out about it. Again only a minor thing really but it's yet another cock up.

19 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The club have said they are their best selling shirts - so the club were right on ignoring OTIB posters moaning on this one - 

Well we don't know what that means, best selling from BS? Best selling of all time? Does that include free ones given to kids with an ST? (More ST's = more kids shirts).

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Fiale said:

So the # meant more people bought the shirt than in the past???

That is PR spin at it's most desperate !

Archived