IGNORED

Replica Shirts / #Hashtags no more ! (Merged)

RUSSEL85

Don't understand the reasons for it or why the team would be wearing a Replica Shirt.

However....Brilliant News!!!

Between Booking Fee's, Hashtags and leaving home fans in the Atyeo there is some stupid decision making going on off the field.

41 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Common sense prevails. Now get the white shorts back.

Nothing to do with common sense, it is another back room balls up. The Football League regulations are quite clear. I did say when they were released that I assumed they had FL clearance; obviously they hadn't.

How can we be driving ahead so well on the football side and with the stadium, but cocking it up so much elsewhere?

49 minutes ago, #roe said:

About time they hired a professional statement writer.  This one is equally as vague and inaccurate as the last few they've tossed out. According to this one, the club have been in discussions for "a number of months" and yet they claim to have only just found out about it. Again only a minor thing really but it's yet another cock up.

Professional Statement Writer?

They can employ me. Simple, plain English is not difficult. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Amazed it's the "best selling one to date". Interesting choice of language, do they mean best selling since BS started producing kit or genuinely the best selling shirt of ours ever? If the latter, surely a bigger deal would've been made about that.

It has to be the best selling shirt to date, but that depends when you start the date doesn't it. I bet it has outsold every other home shirt for Bristol City Football club in the 2016/17 season !

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Haha can't make it up! You'd have thought we'd have checked that we were actually allowed to do this before we did! 

Fingers crossed we aren't ever allowed to have them!!

Seriously? would you have? I take it the club should have checked with the Hashtag Police first.

Not really sure you can slate the club for this one.

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Seriously? would you have? I take it the club should have checked with the Hashtag Police first.

Who else would you blame for having something on a shirt that you can't have then? 

8 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

It's not rocket science to check that what you're doing in the commercial world is within the confines of the regulations you're subject to. 

So yes, yes I would have. 

Loco Rojo "Seriously? would you have? I take it the club should have checked with the Hashtag Police first."

Yes. It is basic due diligence. There are legalities to follow when a product is signed off. It appears a compromise is being explored which could, that is could lead to a penalty / payment being made to allow what is their own product to be sold.

Manufacturers - Suppliers and that is what Bristol Sport are here have what are called critical paths to follow. Process should be examined and re-checked. Here it looks likely that this has not occurred and somebody has failed to do their job, and ask are we allowed to do this?

Perfectly happy with the outcomes...it'll all be fine in the end...hoorah!...but if I ran Bristol Sport I'd be having some hard conversations with whoever it was in the team who signed off a shirt that couldn't be worn in matches, devised a ticket pricing strategy which caused outrage and had to be revised, and managed a building project which didn't deliver for the opening day.

Just now, Drew Peacock said:

Several page's long!

I looked them up when the shirt first appeared. From memory it is something about no club slogans or secondary advertising. It is pretty clear. I will try to Google them up again

yes just downloaded the PDF… too much to read

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Perfectly happy with the outcomes...it'll all be fine in the end...hoorah!...but if I ran Bristol Sport I'd be having some hard conversations with whoever it was in the team who signed off a shirt that couldn't be worn in matches, devised a ticket pricing strategy which caused outrage and had to be revised, and managed a building project which didn't deliver for the opening day.

And a poor ticketing system

28 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

For all we do well we seem to do the most amazing cock ups to balance things.

I'm not in any way commercially trained, I haven't been to university or have a degree in anything relevant, business etc but even I could work out the shirt was going to be controversial and should have been checked for everything from price  to design and every aspect considered.

The ticketing was never going to be accepted in the form it was offered, what were they thinking of, my intellegence  feels insulted if I'm honest.

The building project to a certain extent is out of our hands. Problems happen and with a big project where quality is sought I'm sorry it's not ready, but it's important we don't cut corners and spoil things right at the end. We employed people to do the build and they failed to deliver, if we were smart we would have tied them down to contracts where we would be looking at compensation for the delay and loss of income tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

What's that Bristol Sport are pros.

They know best.

They know what they are doing.

Should have got the muck savage fans in to do the designing.

No way would the no nothings who support the club manage to design a kit the team are not allowed to wear.

Yep but what is worse is the # itself.

Been proud of Bristol since the day I was born and I don't need or want a slogan designed and promoted by non Bristolians to tell me they are making me proud of Bristol.

Excellent news.

When the kit was released me and a few others on here went through the regulations and discussed them and was very sceptical about the 'legality' of them.

It's all ridiculous really. We could have a white trim there and that be fine but not words. 

But the issue is the club knew the regulations so shouldn't have even included them on the shirt without an official ok. 

Instead now they are left to release a statement on the eve of the game which is pretty embarrassing.

20 hours ago, The Bard said:

Professional Statement Writer?

They can employ me. Simple, plain English is not difficult. 

Yep, no doubt many on here who'd be willing to die in a ditch in striving for the honour of getting that job. :blink:

Jesus Christ there are some reactionary ******* on here aren't there? "Nah don't like change" "don't like someone trying new things"  "nobody asked me" ".

It's a shirt, it has or it hasn't got some slogans on it, it's amongst the least important part of what is happening at this club right now, but if everything else is looking fine and dandy, what would our resident miserablists do with their lives?

Archived