IGNORED

Fan Zone (merged)

Bristol Rob

Just now, Selred said:

That's the correct price with the discount. It's £4.00 each without.

Thanks.. I thought I paid less last Season in the South Stand ...No probs I thought it was a great occasion and think my B in Law will now buy a corporate season ticket after enjoying the day.

13 minutes ago, Just Red said:

So can one go into the concourse to use the toilet and then go back outside? I personally found the concourse overcrowded and a bit unorgainised. People stand around far to close to the consessions for one to see where the formed queues actually are.

I found it easier and quicker at half time to go outside and get a beer. Would it be possible to have a few beer stalls outside of the SS to draw people outside and clearing the concourse slightly.

I know there is a safety issue about tables inside the concourse but would it be possible to have tables out side the South Stand? I managed to find myself a table outside the coffee shop to perch my beer on but these were few and fair between but a Mich welcome addition.

Only other thing is I missed a good couple of minutes of the second half as outside there was no audio prompt of the second half beginning. Could something be done about this? Previously you could hear the PA system saying please welcome the players back onto the pitch and that would be the que for one to return to one's seat.

a little bell like when you are in the bar at the theatre ?

BTW realised my earlier comments were a little bit negative earlier, but I thought it was a great day and atmosphere, just crowded small space for qeuing, eating, drinking, entering the ground etc made it all a little tight..  but had fun, and certainly getting down earlier for matches if it continues.

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

a little bell like when you are in the bar at the theatre ?

BTW realised my earlier comments were a little bit negative earlier, but I thought it was a great day and atmosphere, just crowded small space for qeuing, eating, drinking, entering the ground etc made it all a little tight..  but had fun, and certainly getting down earlier for matches if it continues.

Just like the theatre!

They also need to get a Doris with a torch selling the odd choc-ice and strawberry mivi.

That said, I'd imagine on a hot day an ice cream vendor by the fanzone would pay a premium to be allowed to pitch up.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just like the theatre!

They also need to get a Doris with a torch selling the odd choc-ice and strawberry mivi.

That said, I'd imagine on a hot day an ice cream vendor by the fanzone would pay a premium to be allowed to pitch up.

Funny you should say that, thought it'd be nice to have a choc ice when I turned up all hot and bothered today..

25 minutes ago, Just Red said:

So can one go into the concourse to use the toilet and then go back outside? I personally found the concourse overcrowded and a bit unorgainised. People stand around far to close to the consessions for one to see where the formed queues actually are.

I found it easier and quicker at half time to go outside and get a beer. Would it be possible to have a few beer stalls outside of the SS to draw people outside and clearing the concourse slightly.

I know there is a safety issue about tables inside the concourse but would it be possible to have tables out side the South Stand? I managed to find myself a table outside the coffee shop to perch my beer on but these were few and fair between but a Mich welcome addition.

Only other thing is I missed a good couple of minutes of the second half as outside there was no audio prompt of the second half beginning. Could something be done about this? Previously you could hear the PA system saying please welcome the players back onto the pitch and that would be the que for one to return to one's seat.

I was told by the guy on the door at the sports bar you could, so I did but when I asked if I could go back out was told no. I was inside & my mates were in the sun!! First game... it will sort itself out.

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

£4 for a pint at an event is not expensive nowadays.  

yup, anyone who attends many events would have thumbed past the fiver and grabbed a ten to pay for their pint - so pricey in nowadays in so many places.

What I'd like to see is more food choices. If you go to some festivals some fantastic food stalls can be found. I hope in time some of these can make their way to Ashton Gate. 

One thing for sure is if City provide these facilities fans will use them as I've seen with my own eyes. Fans are now happy to spend time and money at Ashton Gate.

• Admin
On 8/6/2016 at 19:44, Posset red said:

Yes went to pick tickets up before game for burton and could hardly communicate with workers behind window when music was right next to it. Think they will have to move the ticket kiosk 

It was noticeable how often the people came out of the unit and were speaking to people face to face as they were struggling to be heard

On 8/6/2016 at 19:56, Fiale said:

All a little crowded, small triangle of space and we had the food/drink vans with their queues, the ticket collection point, space for people to drink, eat chat, meet up and watch the screen all right on the spot of one of the grounds main entrances (ala a walk through). Liked the idea though, was a great first step - one thing (and sorry to them not trying to be rude) but the bands should audition... we don't have many home games and I am sure there were much better groups that offered their services to fill these dates up.

I was really impressed by it all, gave a real nice edge to the pre-match of a game - but don't expect a freezing January with torrential rain will have the same appeal?

Thought the band were ok, certainly no worse than you see around pubs and clubs - and they sang a good wide selection of music too. It may be useful to have them slightly raised to so they can be seen better?

Only problem with the bar, there was an area of stationary people, people walking towards the SBG were backing up then back towards KFC, ideally it could all do with being spread out a bit more.

Only concern was people not knowing where toilets were, but have seen the repsonses above

All in all top effort from @Mkelly and his team

Archived