IGNORED

Fan Zone (merged)

Bristol Rob

Woss reckon?

Thought the service was good, the bars well staffed and the discounts applied correctly.

Glad to see a number of Wigan fans enjoying the sunshine and sharing a bit of pre season conversation as well.

On the negative side, the bars only sold cooking lager and Gold. 

No outdoor ale, no Heineken - could do better in that respect.

Could possibly benefit from those mobile pasty sellers wandering about with their bags of pies and pasties.

All told though would definitely use it again but with the limited drink offering it would be a difficult sell to those who either aren't driving (Fosters) or are have a preference for something that isn't cider.

7/10 - good first effort.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No outdoor ale

This.

I may be wrong, but once you go through the ticket barriers to get to the real ale bar, I assume I can't then go back out to the fan zone and then get back in to the ground?

(But very small grumbles for what is a new operation for the club/BS and still in the early days, which overall is very good - thank you to all those involved!)

A class pasty, in fact one the best, and Thatchers in the ground and reasonably priced too. Queues not bad and well-managed. 

Only complain where's the tables FFS? Balancing your pint on a sloping litter bin while consuming a pasty is, frankly, ridiculous. 

27 minutes ago, City169 said:

It was good, but they might want to rethink having the band right next to the tickets

Yes went to pick tickets up before game for burton and could hardly communicate with workers behind window when music was right next to it. Think they will have to move the ticket kiosk 

All a little crowded, small triangle of space and we had the food/drink vans with their queues, the ticket collection point, space for people to drink, eat chat, meet up and watch the screen all right on the spot of one of the grounds main entrances (ala a walk through). Liked the idea though, was a great first step - one thing (and sorry to them not trying to be rude) but the bands should audition... we don't have many home games and I am sure there were much better groups that offered their services to fill these dates up.

Thought the fan zone outside the South/West stand was fantastic today, seemed to be a good selection of concessions and good set up with the band.

The sun beaming down always helps too of course but seemed to very well received - hope it continues for future home games.

A great idea and an area which should only blossom in time and be a great addition on match days.

My only issue was the lack of options in the drinking department...if you don't drink cider, and I'm afraid not all of us do, the only option was Fosters!! And for me that's no option at all...please can we expand the selection - Guinness, Real Ales, etc - so it can really appeal to the masses.

I'm sure this won't be as big an issue when we can acces the Sports Bar and Grill as a greater selection is available in there.

20 minutes ago, Just Red said:

I had a few issues getting my discount tbh.

Did they try to apply it though? Had a beer in the dolman and they just applied 10% without even looking. 

My mate was in the chair so I didn't really give a fig but I thought everything was meant to be geared up for the 5, 10, 15 or 20

Thanks for initial feedback.

The village was booked in last week pre the sports bar being exclusive so I do understand the feedback re the lack of products but as mentioned this will only be a one off once the SBG is open to all.  Similarly with the toilets, with august being festival season and having 1000's booked for the ballon festival I just couldn't turn any portaloos around in time.  Sorry about this. The concourses we available as an alternative. 

I saw mixed queues in the concourse areas but a positive spend so would be interested to hear feedback from the concourses too. 

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

The village was booked in last week pre the sports bar being exclusive so I do understand the feedback re the lack of products but as mentioned this will only be a one off once the SBG is open to all.  Similarly with the toilets, with august being festival season and having 1000's booked for the ballon festival I just couldn't turn any portaloos around in time.  Sorry about this. The concourses we available as an alternative. 

I saw mixed queues in the concourse areas but a positive spend so would be interested to hear feedback from the concourses too. 

Thanks 

I was typing a question as you were typing.

Discounts do not seemed to have filtered through to staff and we were just giving the standard season card 10% from last year and not the 15 or in my daughters case 20% we were due.

But you were right - they did have lemonade :cool:

2 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks 

Concourse service/queues at HT are a nightmare they are massive unless you are prepared to loose a good chunk of the first or 2nd half. Queued for 15 mins with my lad at HT got to front sold out of sausage rolls, pizza and hot dogs so he had the last packet of crisps. I then waited at the end for my coffee and had to ask one of the girls who was stood there doing nothing to leave from behind the beer pulling section to do my coffees that I had pair for. 

7 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks 

Somewhat unsurprisingly, I also sampled the fare #DMS once my al fresco #DMS pre match refreshment was done. 

Liked the fact there were 'drinks only' concessions, although there seemed to be two very close together by S32 of the Dolman (I say that assuming that the new cider themed window didn't do food).

The (new) pasty hut was empty of product at about half two (Which would explain the lack of queue there) so I used one of the mixed concession stands.

Food as per was lovely, only noticeable absence was a lack of chilled non alcoholic drinks. A bottle of water would have been welcome rather than a bottle of coke, they were trying to restock the fridges but it looked like they only had full-page coke to put in them.

That said, I was offered tap water if I wanted it - so hats off to the staff for trying to be accommodating.

1 minute ago, Mkelly said:

@mightyreds89 Can you PM me. Some of those items you mentioned are no longer available this season so just want to know which concession you went to so I know the menus are correct.

Have a night off and crack a beer! The fanzone was great and a job well done. 

@Mkelly I do feel the prices in the concourse are too steep for non-season ticket holders.

Surely we want fans to return, if I was coming for my first game (non season ticket) I wouldn't be too impressed with £4.50 for a Heineken, £2.50 for a cup of tea and £3.70 for a pie. 

17 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

The concourses we available as an alternative. 

Thanks.

So can one go into the concourse to use the toilet and then go back outside? I personally found the concourse overcrowded and a bit unorgainised. People stand around far to close to the consessions for one to see where the formed queues actually are.

I found it easier and quicker at half time to go outside and get a beer. Would it be possible to have a few beer stalls outside of the SS to draw people outside and clearing the concourse slightly.

I know there is a safety issue about tables inside the concourse but would it be possible to have tables out side the South Stand? I managed to find myself a table outside the coffee shop to perch my beer on but these were few and fair between but a Mich welcome addition.

Only other thing is I missed a good couple of minutes of the second half as outside there was no audio prompt of the second half beginning. Could something be done about this? Previously you could hear the PA system saying please welcome the players back onto the pitch and that would be the que for one to return to one's seat.

5 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

I bought 2 pints of Fosters and was charged £3.60 each .. I showed my ticket but not sure that I was given the discount.. anyone else the same ??? :yawn:

That's the correct price with the discount. It's £4.00 each without.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

That's the correct price with the discount. It's £4.00 each without.

Four quid for a Fosters!

And people think average premier league players charge too much for their time.

It's the Nicky Hunt of the lager world dining out on past glories. The world has gone mad!

Archived