IGNORED

Half empty lower West stand

old_eastender

Expected to see the lower tier much fuller today, can only assume Safety certificate limited numbers as lower tier was half empty but no tickets on general sale. Hopefully will be sorted for Newcastle, along with top tier access.

Anyone know why they are not allowing fans to use the walk way behind the Dolman, would make entry & exit so much easier than having to go all around the Atyeo & West Stnd?

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Expected to see the lower tier much fuller today, can only assume Safety certificate limited numbers as lower tier was half empty but no tickets on general sale. Hopefully will be sorted for Newcastle, along with top tier access.

Anyone know why they are not allowing fans to use the walk way behind the Dolman, would make entry & exit so much easier than having to go all around the Atyeo & West Stnd?

I believe the walk way behind the Dolman is now for smokers so they haven't got to leave the ground.

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I think the plan is to have the whole of the lower tier available for Newcastle and the upper tier for Villa providing the required work has been completed

13 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Blame the SAG, for both things! 

Presumably that would be the amount of ST's sold in that stand?  If so, once you can visualise it it is rather disappointing. South stand and dolman looked chokka, perhaps it ought to give the club food for though the the pricing. 

14 minutes ago, Selred said:

I believe the walk way behind the Dolman is now for smokers so they haven't got to leave the ground.

It's been for smokers since last season perhaps before? Not sure it's been a walkway since the redevelopment 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Presumably that would be the amount of ST's sold in that stand?  If so, once you can visualise it it is rather disappointing. South stand and dolman looked chokka, perhaps it ought to give the club food for though the the pricing. 

But the SAG said no more sales in the West Stand for today's game, and would only let the club sell tickets in the other stands. Would have only been season tickets in there yes but nobody else could have got a ticket in there even if they wanted to, based on what I said above. Hopefully they will ease restrictions for the Newcastle game. 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

But the SAG said no more sales in the West Stand for today's game, and would only let the club sell tickets in the other stands. Would have only been season tickets in there yes but nobody else could have got a ticket in there even if they wanted to, based on what I said above. Hopefully they will ease restrictions for the Newcastle game. 

Indeed. What I was getting at was more the volume of STs in the stand rather than its potential once potd is included. I think it goes to show, you have to have your price point right. I know if I were to have a season ticket in there I would have been disappointed to see it so sparse. That said, run around the concourse to the west stand when the concessions are open.... 

28 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Where were you trying to get?

Enter at the Dolman Atyeo end and walk to the SS?

Enter at the SS end for the Dolman?

The walkway behind the Dolman was closed last season as well, I doubt if that route will ever be available again, and I can't see why it would?

Not sure that the back of blocks 12-15 are available to ST holders. I thought that was all corporate. Or at least that was how it looked when ordering my season ticket 4 months ago. Think they are linked to the restaurant. Also the boxes were empty today. Block 16 was pretty full or at least that was the impression from sitting towards the back of it. Good sight lines too.

Need to get West Stand sorted ASAP as next 5 home games probably the biggest of the season, so if the club want as many bums on seats as possible for the revenue, they need to get on with it!

6 hours ago, cynic said:

Only 13,400 odd season tickets sold in total would explain it I suppose.

Disappointing total which proves the price point was wrong imo.

I think it's a reflection of our fan base rather than a result of bad pricing. 

Most people who wanted season tickets already had them elsewhere and most were probably perfectly happy staying where they are used to sitting. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Most people who wanted season tickets already had them elsewhere and most were probably perfectly happy staying where they are used to sitting. 

Yea but I think more would've been willing to buy Lansdown Stand season tickets if they weren't £100 more than the next ticket for similar views. Though it allows them to charge more for single tickets. It's the first year though and they'll get it just right in the future. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I find it surprising there's that many, to be honest. It's a big commitment to go to football every other Saturday when you have a family and other things in your life

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Not sure that the back of blocks 12-15 are available to ST holders. I thought that was all corporate. Or at least that was how it looked when ordering my season ticket 4 months ago. Think they are linked to the restaurant. 

Correct. The upper vomitories in the Lansdown Stand take you back to the restaurant.

Perhaps the club haven't sold as many corporate tickets as some think. I know the boxes are sold out and I believe there were 800 seats for the corporate or well heeled brigade to use along with the restaurant facilities to go with the seats.

They can't all have been seated in the Heineken corner so perhaps not that many have been sold, or perhaps they have been sold but won't be used by the owners until the facilities are available. 

My seat toward the back of the WS gave a superb view of the pitch and the concourse at ground level  seems bigger than the Dolman area, and certainly bigger than the SS concourse. 

7 hours ago, chowie said:

I was in the West/Lansdown stand today, I guess it's just me who thought there was more than I expected today...

No it wasn't just you. I was in W15 and it seemed crowded, a great atmosphere and a fantastic view of the game. I think some ST holders are probably on holiday but would agree with others in that when trying to purchase our tickets all the available central blocks were snapped up very quickly apart from those right at the front.

56 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Correct. The upper vomitories in the Lansdown Stand take you back to the restaurant.

The food is that bad? ;-)

As for the gaps in the middle of the lower Lansdown Stand...I've got a feeling it's going to look like that for many games during the season.

Season tickets bought by people, who won't be going to every game.

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Better then getting to the ground and your seat only to find out the club had sold it, yes that's right my seat has two season ticket holders......

Really!? What have the club said? Or have they just told you to sit on your mates lap?

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Better then getting to the ground and your seat only to find out the club had sold it, yes that's right my seat has two season ticket holders......

How the hell do they resolve that (presuming your with at least one person you know - else I guess they can offer a upgrade)

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

the Dolman and SS have such good views that there is little incentive to really move unless there is a much better offer (price or views or services).

34 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

my ST is in W17 lower and there was a LOT of empty seats around me, strange thing ( and obviously down to SAG ) was that in the week , used my wifes FB membership to get a seat around me for my son in law and none available ! 

Yup, I saw that when buying tickets, the whole of the SS and WS/LS were sold out bar a few dots available... but hey we will see on the 20th ;-) 

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

How the hell do they resolve that (presuming your with at least one person you know - else I guess they can offer a upgrade)

the Dolman and SS have such good views that there is little incentive to really move unless there is a much better offer (price or views or services).

Yup, I saw that when buying tickets, the whole of the SS and WS/LS were sold out bar a few dots available... but hey we will see on the 20th ;-) 

no idea but I complained and all I got was phone the club Monday, I've sent a strongly worded e-mail which I will follow up with a call Monday but I don't know what they can do about it other then give me a box ;)

Archived