IGNORED

Half empty lower West stand

old_eastender

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Better then getting to the ground and your seat only to find out the club had sold it, yes that's right my seat has two season ticket holders......

Funny that, I jokingly said exactly that to a mate yesterday. Always approach the turnstyles tentatively , sigh of relief we I get in then wait for someone to ask me to move as the games about to start. Didn't notice too many empty seats by us but I was looking through slightly (Thatchers) Gold tinted glasses.

Be interesting what the Club say Monday @Monkeh , I guess you don't sit on your own and the guy that also has your seat doesn't either. 

3 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Perhaps the club haven't sold as many corporate tickets as some think. I know the boxes are sold out and I believe there were 800 seats for the corporate or well heeled brigade to use along with the restaurant facilities to go with the seats.

They can't all have been seated in the Heineken corner so perhaps not that many have been sold, or perhaps they have been sold but won't be used by the owners until the facilities are available. 

My seat toward the back of the WS gave a superb view of the pitch and the concourse at ground level  seems bigger than the Dolman area, and certainly bigger than the SS concourse. 

They were there (as was I) what I think happened was people moved in and around the SS corner and lower blocks as it was not fully sold. 

Strange one I know as people have paid more for the seats, but that was my observation. 

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no idea but I complained and all I got was phone the club Monday, I've sent a strongly worded e-mail which I will follow up with a call Monday but I don't know what they can do about it other then give me a box ;)

Monkeh complaining about and to the club..... Whatever next daish welcoming christian members!

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

How the hell do they resolve that (presuming your with at least one person you know - else I guess they can offer a upgrade)

the Dolman and SS have such good views that there is little incentive to really move unless there is a much better offer (price or views or services).

Yup, I saw that when buying tickets, the whole of the SS and WS/LS were sold out bar a few dots available... but hey we will see on the 20th ;-) 

Exactly. We relocated from the Atyeo to the SS last year with every intention of moving to the West Stand when it was opened, but we like our seats so much that we stayed put this year - and the decision wasn't price related. 

Thing is it's not like there were 10,000 people wanting season tickets that couldn't get them. We don't have a huge hardcore fan base and so most people who wanted a season ticket already had one, a new stand wasn't going to change that overnight. 

I got member tickets in the West Stand before they were take off sale. Loads of empty seats, but we were sat at the end near the away fans, so couldn't really see the rest of the stand. 

I guess there are going to be issues. I think we'd all take the teething problems that will inevitably exist for the end result, which is a stadium that is far beyond what certainly I imagined it would be. (I know that's no consolation for those withtwice sold seats etc...)

However, sitting in the West Stand and looking out at our stadium - it's flipping awesome. I loved the old EE, but would we really have ever been a footballing force or attracted the players, coaches, staff and investment through sponsorship that we can do now? Doubt it.

It's a shame the stand wasn't 100% ready to go, but I work in Professional Construction and to be fair, it's not far off, and hasn't run over that badly. 

There will be gaps in the stands for now; it will probably take a couple of years for the fan-base to re-settle and 'bed-in'. 

Can' fault the start though - 3 points. And the sun was shining. Happy days. 

28 minutes ago, Super said:

It was from the van just outside as no food facilities inside. Silly prices.

I would imagine the slow uptake of six quid pasties have probably made the vendor think twice about if either they want to see food at the Gate or if they aren't competitive.

Doesn't help then that they didn't have the captive pasty market (probably different at a festival where they might have exclusivity), but given you can get a top pasty #DMS for a fraction of the cost they were on a hiding to nothing.

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would imagine the slow uptake of six quid pasties have probably made the vendor think twice about if either they want to see food at the Gate or if they aren't competitive.

Doesn't help then that they didn't have the captive pasty market (probably different at a festival where they might have exclusivity), but given you can get a top pasty #DMS for a fraction of the cost they were on a hiding to nothing.

yup, these vans are used to catering to a captive customer base, and have no competition as venues only allow 1 source of certain foods / drinks forcing people to goto just one source - hence £6 take it or leave it, and if you leave it not available anywhere else.

2 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

They were there (as was I) what I think happened was people moved in and around the SS corner and lower blocks as it was not fully sold. 

Strange one I know as people have paid more for the seats, but that was my observation. 

Thanks.

You have a box though don't you Charles?

Do you know how many of the  800 seats are sold?

If they haven't all gone it will be interesting to see if City offer them without the dining option for instance against Newcastle or Villa.

26 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Thanks.

You have a box though don't you Charles?

Do you know how many of the  800 seats are sold?

If they haven't all gone it will be interesting to see if City offer them without the dining option for instance against Newcastle or Villa.

Under the impression most have been sold but your right to assume that there will be match day hospitality being sold on a limited basis soon if there is the ability to cater and host to maximise capacity. 

The numbers are limited this year as they wanted to make it a bit more exclusive this season then begin to open it up next..

14 hours ago, cynic said:

Only 13,400 odd season tickets sold in total would explain it I suppose.

Disappointing total which proves the price point was wrong imo.

How does this prove the price point was wrong? The price point is set primarily not to sell the most season tickets, but to generate the most revenue for the club, to enable it to compete in this division. Basic economics.

If we'd sold season tickets for a tenner each and sold 25,000 of them, would this be getting the price point right?

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

Thanks for the lecture in basic economics (and it was very very basic), but Is this going to be a ten minute argument or a 3 day one ?

Let me know and I'll book the time off.

So if you understood the economics how can you say that 13,400 proves they got the price point wrong? Please explain.

13 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Better then getting to the ground and your seat only to find out the club had sold it, yes that's right my seat has two season ticket holders......

7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Really!? What have the club said? Or have they just told you to sit on your mates lap?

Was it a Wigan fan sharing your seat? :P

14 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I suggest you propose a time share. They can have the seat Sunday to Friday, you have it Saturday's*.

*because you have the seat so much less, you also get to choose a midweek day of your choice 5 times this season.

(we only have 3 home midweek games right now)

18 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Not sure what the SAG would make of this lot. How times have changed

1935.jpg

See the Lasndown Stand upper levels were open for that game - they just forgot to put the seats in.

What was more surprising to me?

I actually bought two pints in the Dolman concourse and was expecting to pay £8. The lad behind the bar then asked me if I was a season ticket holder and then discounted this to £6.70.

NOW that's surprising!

23 hours ago, Fiale said:

How the hell do they resolve that (presuming your with at least one person you know - else I guess they can offer a upgrade)

the Dolman and SS have such good views that there is little incentive to really move unless there is a much better offer (price or views or services).

Yup, I saw that when buying tickets, the whole of the SS and WS/LS were sold out bar a few dots available... but hey we will see on the 20th ;-) 

Well the club told me to find a steward next time........I did that saturday he promply told me to phone the club.............

They are investigating it now, I'm slightly apprehensive with the newcastle game coming up

34 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Well the club told me to find a steward next time........I did that saturday he promply told me to phone the club.............

They are investigating it now, I'm slightly apprehensive with the newcastle game coming up

Plenty of time for them to resolve it (just get a name of the person looking into it, and keep in contact every couple of days) - if they have double booked it then they need to compensate you... so hold out for the red and white scarf !

Archived