IGNORED

Golbourne

Aaron-Bcfc

It's a tricky one but unless we only have 18 decent players, there's unfortunately gonna have to be a few that miss out on making the matchday squad all together. I think Golbourne will get his chances, but it will be interesting to see how many seeing as Johnson highlighted Bryan as a left back last season and you can't play two of them..

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think SG may get the nod in games where we want to be a bit tighter, maybe more away from home...but JB excellent today,

Joe Bryan is as much a full back as I am a sex God. The lad is a winger and a quality one at that. 

3 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Joe Bryan is as much a full back as I am a sex God. The lad is a winger and a quality one at that. 

I said at half time , he needed to be 10 yards further forward, Maybe it is as Gillies says , SG will play when we need to be more solid, personally I'd have him in all the time and let JB attack more.

52 minutes ago, #roe said:

It's a tricky one but unless we only have 18 decent players, there's unfortunately gonna have to be a few that miss out on making the matchday squad all together. I think Golbourne will get his chances, but it will be interesting to see how many seeing as Johnson highlighted Bryan as a left back last season and you can't play two of them..

This sort of thing will be happening more and more due to the scrapping of the emergency loan system this season. Clubs will have to carry more players and ultimately more players will be sat in the stands as a result.

I think having Golbourne and Bryan rotating the LB role is exactly what we will need this year and perhaps next. Golbourne is a very solid Championship defender, while Bryan has the potential to far surpass that. However Joe needs to improve his defensive game, and area where Scott is better than him.

4 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

I like him at LB though. Hes so hard to track there and it really opens up a lot of space for him. I think his value goes up as a LB as long as he continues doing his already solid defensive work. 

Now I think there will be games where him and SG will be starting on the left together. Joe being very good with his right foot makes him so versatile. Great player we got there. Looks confident again after an up and down season last year

Difficult selection decisions all round for our Lee in the coming weeks.

Does Tammy start up top, does Lee stay out wide or come in more central. Joe Bryan left back or the reliable Scott Golbourn in,  Adam Mathews or Luke Ayling at right back or Bobby in for Brownhill.

Oh and in a few weeks Korey in for Marlon

The one thing to say is we have a good squad now that are fighting for their places every week which can only be a good thing.

Would still like to see another centre half as not a fan of Derrick and still a bit nervy about the middle with Korey's ankle and  Gary's knee.

Happy Days

The "problem" is that Bryan is very adaptable  and we've seen him wide left and in midfield and he does well wherever he plays. 

If I were LJ, Bryan would be one of my favourites for the very reason of his versatility.

If he had to he could probably play in goal........

Archived