IGNORED

Unexciting Signings

Marina's Rolls Royce

38 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I personally was extremely excited by Andy Cole joining us………….we had him on loan initially for the last few games of season 91/92, and he looked an outstanding talent.  I actually wrote a letter to Green Un in that close season, which got published, stating that if we missed out on signing AC prior to season 92/93……………that I could see him joining Liverpool/Man Utd in the future for big money, and we would then look back with regret for missing out.  Well I got it about right!  He did join Newcastle/Man Utd for big money, and Yes despite signing him for £500,000 we did miss out………because of our failure to add a sell on clause, we missed out on a few million.

Pretty sure he got 8 in 12 whilst on loan, then was for quite a while our record signing, too.

Hardly unheralded at the time, therefore..

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm sorry... Have I inadvertently bummed your missus?

I am a bit upset with this I thought I had my personal stalker but apparently he's branching out .

What he does n't realise is that I find his trolling so boring that I put him on ' ignore ' don't tell him though he'll cry.  

:sad26:

( I very much doubt that he has anything  resembling a ' missus ' ) 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm sorry... Have I inadvertently bummed your missus?

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I am a bit upset with this I thought I had my personal stalker but apparently he's branching out .

What he does n't realise is that I find his trolling so boring that I put him on ' ignore ' don't tell him though he'll cry.  

:sad26:

( I very much doubt that he has anything  resembling a ' missus ' ) 

@Major Isewater and @Fordy62 - Two most splendid posters. It would be an honour and a privilege to be bummed by. God bless OTIB's finest. 

Just promise to keep in touch afterwards...

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Adam Locke and Nicky Morgan were the 2 that came to mind for me (not Shelts, either, Woodsy, I was also well excited when the great man signed).

Nicky Morgan is to my mind the most underrated player to play for City in my 40+ years of support.

Cost £30k, had a goal every 3 games ratio (almost all at Championship level) for us and to me a far more skilful player than Dziekanowski.

Skilful driver as well-he was working for the cab firm up the airport when I came back from Majorcal a couple of years ago. Demonstrated a decent turn of pace off the lights and great finishing when he parked up outside my house and asked for £30.

58 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Skilful driver as well-he was working for the cab firm up the airport when I came back from Majorcal a couple of years ago. Demonstrated a decent turn of pace off the lights and great finishing when he parked up outside my house and asked for £30.

What about Nicky Morgan though! Wasn't he a coach for Poland until fairly recently? 

10 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I still remember being excited by the signings of Stewart and Bridges :(

So was I.  Those signings and the rationale behind them are a million miles away from how we are targetting players now.  Thank goodness.

(Not against the players themselves but both players past their best).

18 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Blimey- yes. Forgotten all about that!

It was like the prodigal son returning.

Didn't they open up the Dolman Hall to introduce them? An Ex England player and the golden boot highest scoring player in the 'Prem'.

What could possibly go wrong?

UEFA cup finalist no less. What a fall from grace, ended up in league 2 a couple of years after joining us.

it even came up on my Facebook memories a week or so ago about how excited I was at the signings of Nicky Hunt, Damian Stewart and David James.

if I've learnt anything about City over the years it's that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is !

Archived