IGNORED

Ayling & Agard Gone Official.

Homer Simpson

If its anywhere near 750k+, from the clubs point of view, that's a cracking bit of business, especially considering he would have only been a squad player this season. It's a good offer from Leeds so understand why it was accepted.  Also perhaps Luke was promised more first team football/regular staring place by Leeds. Agard was no suprise, he'll do well at League 1 level again.

9 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

If its anywhere near 750k+, from the clubs point of view, that's a cracking bit of business, especially considering he would have only been a squad player this season. It's a good offer from Leeds so understand why it was accepted.  Also perhaps Luke was promised more first team football/regular staring place by Leeds. Agard was no suprise, he'll do well at League 1 level again.

I didn't know that Leeds have branched into a different competition. We could see Luke on this stage soon then?

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct on undisclosed fees. Could be either the buying or selling club or both insisting it's undisclosed.

Yes, put it like this....if what I heard was in any way accurate then I wouldn't be surprised if we break our transfer record again this summer - on a forward.

Excited by Kid's suggestion here - but does this mean we still need to worry about Kodjia going?

Given we tend to play one up front would we be spending big on a striker if we already have both Kodjia and Abraham, two very capable forwards, on the books?

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Excited by Kid's suggestion here - but does this mean we still need to worry about Kodjia going?

Given we tend to play one up front would we be spending big on a striker if we already have both Kodjia and Abraham, two very capable forwards, on the books?

Think we will play one or two at different times.

The point is, if either of them get a knock, get called for international duty, we are very light indeed. One plays and Garita and Wilbs on the bench? With Burns on loan, I am surprised he is off, unless we had another lined up.

Thought Ayling and Agard gave us cover in truth, but in LJ we trust.

Agard's departure can't really be disputed, but very disappointed about Ayling.

I had hoped that in Ayling, Flint, Korey, Pack & Freeman we had a nucleus from the promotion team - both in terms of the dressing room and on the pitch - that we could build on to take the club forward with the right reinforcements elsewhere.

Despite inevitable initial teething problems for one or two these are Championship standard players, young enough to improve further, who it would have have been reasonable to assume would be the heart of the City team for many years to come.

Ayling going to a rival Championship club for an apparently hefty fee proves he is rated for this level elsewhere and if Freeman follows, as predicted by many, it will be a big surprise if he isn't snapped up by a Championship club too.

If Ayling's exit is prompted by the Cheltenham incident, as hinted elsewhere, it's a massive over reaction from the club, akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.

We'll come to rue letting Ayling go imo.

providing cover for abraham and kodjia should get any third striker a decent amount of games this season.both will get knocked about a bit.this could lead to being first choice over the other 2.

there is also tomlin to consider,if he gets pegged down,someone else with different tricks wouldnt go amiss.

i see wilbs now as a more experienced steady the ship type,a bit like wade elliot did.

I can see why LJ was prepared to let Ayling go. He was great on the right of a back 3. We don't play that formation any more. He isn't effective cover for Flint in the current formation. I thought he would make the right back position his own last season but we improved with Matthews. Loved Ayling's attitude throughout his time here though and he was great in our promotion season. Wish him all the best at Leeds.

Also wish Agard all the best. I thought he might still have a role to play from the bench but again can see the logic in letting him go.

Archived