IGNORED

Ayling & Agard Gone Official.

Homer Simpson

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Would love to know the fee's involved but don't think we will, will we?

Allying was rumoured at 750k I haven't see anything rumoured for Agard but apparently MK have said it's a new club record for them. It must be somewhere near 750k again. 

Not surprised to see Agard move on. He's hardly featured and even less since LJ took over. More surprised that Ayling  has gone tho. He's been a regular most of his stay at City and a reliable enough squad member.

Maybe Monk has assured him of a first team place.

Absolutely must be incomings now - somewhere between £1m to £1.5m banked, Bolasie sell on possibly too....

Was it @Kid in the Riot who had heard whispers of 'big' money being spent on another striker? 2+2 and all that

Also - undisclosed fees. Presume there is a business reason for not releasing, but is it as simple as not wanting anyone to know what you've spent / received in terms of silly prices being quoted when you come to spend it??

Hypothetically, if we'd have signed Ayling today for 750k from another championship club what would your reaction be?

I'd have probably expressed surprise than an average full back had signed for three quarters of a million from a side he wasn't guaranteed a start in.

Overrall I'd be fairly disappointed and questioning why so much money was spent. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hypothetically, if we'd have signed Ayling today for 750k from another championship club what would your reaction be?

I'd have probably expressed surprise than an average full back had signed for three quarters of a million from a side he wasn't guaranteed a start in.

Overrall I'd be fairly disappointed and questioning why so much money was spent. 

fair point... still a little surprised at Ayling going, given his versatility and the fact he started .v. Wigan. Agard going makes every sense, as he was well down pecking order and ooc at end of season.

17 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

First two to leave from the double winning starting eleven.

Thanks for the memories and good luck!! :clap::clap:

They're the first to leave but others have become fringe players - Fieldimg, Williams, Freeman, Wilbraham. Totally different, and better, team now  

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Possibly, but when they see what they've got I'm sure they'll agree it's probably justified. 

20 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Absolutely must be incomings now - somewhere between £1m to £1.5m banked, Bolasie sell on possibly too....

Was it @Kid in the Riot who had heard whispers of 'big' money being spent on another striker? 2+2 and all that

Also - undisclosed fees. Presume there is a business reason for not releasing, but is it as simple as not wanting anyone to know what you've spent / received in terms of silly prices being quoted when you come to spend it??

Yes Woodsy. Mark Ashton was asked this on Monday on Twentyman on RB by a punter (but not Alan in Clevedon, sadly) calling in. He said it's so other clubs do not know what you've got to spend (good job no other clubs know SL is minted and happy to splash). Don't know how Juve will cope now we all know how much Pogba cost.

26 minutes ago, Jamwoo said:

Allying was rumoured at 750k I haven't see anything rumoured for Agard but apparently MK have said it's a new club record for them. It must be somewhere near 750k again. 

Good business IMHO. Sad to see Ayling go as he's a solid player and versatile but Agard just hasn't worked in the last season or so. Thanks to both for their efforts. Two players that you could always say did their best which is all you can ask of a player

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Yes Woodsy. Mark Ashton was asked this on Monday on Twentyman on RB by a punter (but not Alan in Clevedon, sadly) calling in. He said it's so other clubs do not know what you've got to spend (good job no other clubs know SL is minted and happy to splash). Don't know how Juve will cope now we all know how much Pogba cost.

Understandable, but very boring!

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

They're the first to leave but others have become fringe players - Fieldimg, Williams, Freeman, Wilbraham. Totally different, and better, team now  

Definitely and dont disagree with the decision to let them go (As long as we have replacements lined up) but still worth remembering

Archived