IGNORED

Ayling & Agard Gone Official.

Homer Simpson

43 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Absolutely must be incomings now - somewhere between £1m to £1.5m banked, Bolasie sell on possibly too....

Was it @Kid in the Riot who had heard whispers of 'big' money being spent on another striker? 2+2 and all that

Also - undisclosed fees. Presume there is a business reason for not releasing, but is it as simple as not wanting anyone to know what you've spent / received in terms of silly prices being quoted when you come to spend it??

Correct on undisclosed fees. Could be either the buying or selling club or both insisting it's undisclosed.

Yes, put it like this....if what I heard was in any way accurate then I wouldn't be surprised if we break our transfer record again this summer - on a forward.

24 minutes ago, City169 said:

When Lansdown was asked the same question he said similar, and that he thinks we almost started the trend of making most/all fees undisclosed.

That's nothing to be proud of, SL!!

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct on undisclosed fees. Could be either the buying or selling club or both insisting it's undisclosed.

Yes, put it like this....if what I heard was in any way accurate then I wouldn't be surprised if we break our transfer record again this summer - on a forward.

Interesting....3 weeks to go. Could be exciting times. Presume we are done with the 'outs' now, so two or three in and we can shut up shop for a few months

3 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Losing Luke Ayling feels a bit like selling Greg Cunningham did last season.  

Think it's a bit short sighted to let him go, and that it doesn't make sense to let go some of our youngest and most versatile squad players.

The difference last year was that we had a thread bare squad, made worse by Cunningham going.

There is a strong chance that Ayling and Agard both leaving is tied in with players that we will be bringing in ( hopefully!!)

LJ certainly seems too have his transfer ducks more in a row than did SC.

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What did you hear? 

6 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Losing Luke Ayling feels a bit like selling Greg Cunningham did last season.  

Think it's a bit short sighted to let him go, and that it doesn't make sense to let go some of our youngest and most versatile squad players.

This.....In Johnson we trust though eh

I agree with the general sentiment on here amongst others; both were very valuable contributors to our successful double season. Agard with his goals and Ayling with his defending and thrusting runs. I believe we will think we will miss Ayling more than Agard and if we were in League 1 I think we would be right. However, we are building and not all players will fit the mould of where LJ wants to take us. I thought Ayling impacted the game on Saturday and when I watch the highlights he was very much involved. We must have better players either in the squad or coming in so thinks our boss. 

I have to say that if these rumours of 750k-1m is correct for Agard then that is simply fabulous business.

All said and done, thanks for your service guys and good luck.

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

The fact our championship 'rivals' are buying our second choice right back (in my opinion) to strengthen their starting XI's is only a good thing.

Yes but he's only LJs second choice, one mans second choice is another mans opportunity.

ayling was a dead man walking at AG for months

17 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Wilbraham turns 37 in Oct yet it's Agard whose 10+ years younger is out first before him? Really building for the future there! :chant6ez:

Wilbraham used clauses in his contract to trigger extensions, and we wouldn't be selling him at his age as no clubs would be looking to buy a 36-37 year old striker.

Agard has been seen as not championship standard by 3 managers now, and we were able to get a reasonable fee for him.

Honestly no idea why you're trying to make this an issue.

I'm not surprised by Agard leaving, he just wasn't good enough. I think most of us realise this (other than a chap I sat in front of in the south stand one Saturday who spent 60 minutes saying 'that French tw*t shouldn't be playing bring on Agard, brilliant player that Agard')

I'm surprised by Ayling though I thought he would be good back up for the team. That said we do have to take into account we have to balance the books. Financial fair play rules mean if we get an offer for a backup player higher than we can replace an equivalent for, then we sell I guess.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Understandable, but very boring!

The real reason is MA gets 20% of the value of every deal both in and out out of the club.  

That more interesting? :shifty:

Shame about Ayling but Agard's future was always away from the club.  Good pros, good servants.  Good luck lads.

Archived