IGNORED

Over to you then Mr Ashton

Something must be imminent as we have some big games coming up and with a few injurys already in the squad as well as some not 100% fit yet we need some more bodies fairly soon.

MA stated Forward and CB but i have a feeling we may see another defender in addition.

We need back up for Flint with a right footed centre back, so not hard to think we'll be looking to bring someone in there and with Agard out we're back down to 3 strikers and we seem to like having 4. Bolasie deal may have meant our target price range has increased so lets wait and see.

I'd be seriously concerned if we don't sign another defender. I can only judge magners on the highlights I've seen but he doesn't look as solid as baker. I liked Ayling, admittedly if I had a choice of him or Matthews I'd take Matthews but my excitement about our team will have major concerns if we don't strengthen at the back. 

29 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yep CB has to be, Magnusson is fine, but still not the complete package.

Another 'industrious' striker please.  

I wonder if Baker is on the radar? He and Flint were a formidable partnership. That said with Hodor signed would any established CB be willing to play a bit part?

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

I'm not sure any Bolasie windfall should immediately be thought of as additional funds for players.  If it was me funding the club, I might be considering it more like getting some of my outlay back, and sticking it back in my bank.

Not only that, we still need to pay wages which I imagine have gone up significantly. You could see our wage budget up a good 50k a week at present which is an extra £2.5m per season. I would be OK with two more loans. Can't do all our business this summer as much as we'd all like to. 

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

I'm not sure any Bolasie windfall should immediately be thought of as additional funds for players.  If it was me funding the club, I might be considering it more like getting some of my outlay back, and sticking it back in my bank.

I don't think Steve Lansdown takes that sort of Owen Oyston view of City!

But I agree with your opening statement, we seem to be on a five year plan of steady improvement so this cash would be banked to fund next year's transfers.

If we get it, he's not moved yet AFAIK.

2 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Depends, if the club were willing to outlay a net £6m spend this summer regardless of money coming in then the money could be reinvested as still part of the clubs plan. Depends if LJ and Ashton think they can get a target who provides value for money, no point spending money for the sake of having it.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Depends, if the club were willing to outlay a net £6m spend this summer regardless of money coming in then the money could be reinvested as still part of the clubs plan. Depends if LJ and Ashton think they can get a target who provides value for money, no point spending money for the sake of having it.

There is also the thought that we had a lot more money to spend last summer that didn't get spent, has that been added to the pot for this summer?

Just now, Port Said Red said:

There is also the thought that we had a lot more money to spend last summer that didn't get spent, has that been added to the pot for this summer?

Probably more a case that say £6m was available last summer, meaning £6m was available this summer. Rather than combining them and saying £12m is available.

20 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Precisely. This naive way of thinking from people does make me laugh, i doubt any impending money's from that deal will have much effect on our transfer chest, do people not forget we are still well in the mire finacially..? 15 mill in debt at least isnt it?

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wonder if Baker is on the radar? He and Flint were a formidable partnership. That said with Hodor signed would any established CB be willing to play a bit part?

You mention baker Mr robbo. 

Word around the Midlands is that villa are close to signing Chester from wba. Centre half. Competition for baker????Maybe baker's on his way out, maybe he's going to be Chester's partner.....

Wait and see. 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ah, if we don't replace Ayling/Agard this window (which I think we will) I wonder if this going to become the new topic to criticise Mark Ashton about after our fantastic summer buiness as his detractors haven't been able to! 

I am appalled by his corporate speak (DNA, I ask you) but am not a detractor and don't see overmuch criticism of his performance to date on the forum.

You clearly rate him highly but to try to buttress this by invoking mighty legions of detractors against which you bravely stand as the lone voice calling in the wilderness is laying it on rather thick.

I M H O.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I am appalled by his corporate speak (DNA, I ask you) but am not a detractor and don't see overmuch criticism of his performance to date on the forum.

You clearly rate him highly but to try to buttress this by invoking mighty legions of detractors against which you bravely stand as the lone voice calling in the wilderness is laying it on rather thick.

I M H O.

Haha, well in fairness this thread isn't knocking him. It just occurred to me when reading it that I can see people using this as a new thing to justify their dislike of him with. Hopefully not, as I think we will replace both players.

47 minutes ago, The Batman said:

You mention baker Mr robbo. 

Word around the Midlands is that villa are close to signing Chester from wba. Centre half. Competition for baker????Maybe baker's on his way out, maybe he's going to be Chester's partner.....

Wait and see. 

Can't see them buying Elphick and Chester for one of them to play alongside Baker.  To be fair I though Elphick and Baker looks good together against Wednesday.

Archived