IGNORED

Andy Stockhousen

bs3

Been following him for a while on Twitter , is it me but his he a bit of joke.

What normally happens is that he starts a rumour and he lets it run for a day and then when his story fails to come true he is back on Twitter claiming that the rumours we are signing x is wide of the mark and comes across as a smug know it all. 

Would be pretty suicidal from a journalistic point of view of that was true.

I don't like him particularly on Twitter, he does come across as smug and seems to enjoy delivering bad news. 

However, I don't think he's as bad as people on here say. He's got a job to do, and part of that is gaining views for Bristol Post articles.

I just think he doesn't have many good sources so doesn't break many exclusives. As a result, he's often slow to breaking stories.

He's not perfect by any means, but he's not as bad as some say. It's an easy shot to criticise him on here really.

1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

Is it me, or is this all getting a bit out of hand now?

Yeah, he's not perfect, we all get that, but the bloke is only doing his best. If you'd don't like his best, don't buy his newspaper, don't click on his website and don't follow him on Twitter. And don't be such a bloody keyboard warrior, either.

Well said Andy

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Yeah, he's not perfect, we all get that, but the bloke is only doing his best. If you'd don't like his best, don't buy his newspaper, don't click on his website and don't follow him on Twitter. And don't be such a bloody keyboard warrior, either.

We love you Andy :whistle:

1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

Have to agree with this. But as I've said before if you work, write and exist in the public domain, you will always be open to criticism and that is the basis of freedom of speech for all. 

3 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

One thing that's genuinely quite annoying is the accessibility of the post articles. I usually browse from a phone, opening the articles and being hit with popups and adverts can make the stories unreadable. As a result, I barely ever read them.

If they weren't so hard to read, I would. I bet this is the case for lots of people. They want views, and I know they've got to make ad revenue. However, it seems a very counter intuitive way to get people to read the stories - and view the ads - when they make the stories so irritating to open and attempt to read.

14 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Been following him for a while on Twitter , is it me but his he a bit of joke.

What normally happens is that he starts a rumour and he lets it run for a day and then when his story fails to come true he is back on Twitter claiming that the rumours we are signing x is wide of the mark and comes across as a smug know it all. 

Please show us the tweets where he "starts a rumour".  (Hint: responding to already-established speculation is not starting a rumour)

He can't win really. We have the same access to most rumours via NewsNow etc. if he doesn't mention them, he'll be mocked for being behind the game. If he does, people suggest he gets them here.

So all he can do is mention them quickly, check them out from whatever inside sources he has, then comment on whether they seem genuine.

Exactly what else do people expect?

15 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Come on though... What sort of journalist publishes an article about our interest in singing "Long" and then an hour later tweets that there is no truth in reports suggesting that we have any interest in "Long"

That is poor.

Football is a business with the fans as (*spit!) consumers/customers. The local newspaper even in this age of social media, is still potentially an excellent outlet for the football club to disseminate information and garnish interest.  For a local journalist not to be onside with the club is arguably a reflection of the club's view of that journo's credibility and may be a reflection of previous experiences the club may have had with that journo. Just my opinion.

He blocked me on Twitter because I suggested a Lee Tomlin tweet (saying no official offer had been made) was his next story. All in good taste of course.

Bit annoying because he was great comedy value and I don't tend to think too much about what he writes anymore. I think personally he is just a bit lazy and very comfortable in his position. I reckon  the Bristol Post need to look at the lower leagues for someone young and ambitious...saying that, his apparent mentoree is an even bigger clown. Perhaps that's what journalism has become now.

13 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

He blocked me on Twitter because I suggested a Lee Tomlin tweet (saying no official offer had been made) was his next story. All in good taste of course.

Bit annoying because he was great comedy value and I don't tend to think too much about what he writes anymore. I think personally he is just a bit lazy and very comfortable in his position. I reckon  the Bristol Post need to look at the lower leagues for someone young and ambitious...saying that, his apparent mentoree is an even bigger clown. Perhaps that's what journalism has become now.

He blocked as well for asking if he'd lifted a story off here. Touchy sod.:disapointed2se:

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He blocked as well for asking if he'd lifted a story off here. Touchy sod.:disapointed2se:

He blocked me for retweeting a tweet from a Barnsley fan who said regarding Mawson that he knew nothing.

Real shame, because I miss his insight following Luke Ayling's move to Celtic last week and last season when he said Nathan Baker was joining West Brom, not us..

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He blocked me for retweeting a tweet from a Barnsley fan who said regarding Mawson that he knew nothing.

Real shame, because I miss his insight following Luke Ayling's move to Celtic last week and last season when he said Nathan Baker was joining West Brom, not us..

Don't forget his exclusive information that Pemberton would 'probably be off'

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He tweeted a while ago about Barnsley fans, said something along the lines of "I hope these warriors say these things to my face when I visit Oakwell this season". I replied to him suggesting that was unprofessional. He blocked me. 

Can't wait to say hello in the press room this season..... :yawn:

4 hours ago, The Journalist said:

He could spell Andy's surname correctly too if he wants to have a dig....

Archived