IGNORED

Tomlin - all good?

Meh

5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I just hope we don't overuse Tammy too much and get our 20-goal Kodjia back up front as soon as possible. No disrespect to Tammy - he has started off superbly, he is a great player, full of energy and pace, but the Championship is a hard league. We need him to be used as an impact sub (60 mins sub) in my opinion, bed him in, with the same formation as last season up top.

I have no qualms with resting either Kodjia or Tammy and swapping roles but I would rather see either one playing on their own in their own position. We can't ignore the fact Kodjia got his goals playing up front on his own. I would also like to see Tammy in Codgers position at present out wider - aka dare I say Rashford - to see what would happen with his pace in those areas. Also it is easier to slip balls into those channels rather than 'eye of a needle' ball into centre forward.

I wonder with the two up front, it has moved Tomlin out too wide to make his impact. Anyway we are only a few games into the season - I expect Tomlin to make a great contribution this season, but would like to see him 'roam' to do what he wants. I think the team are still learning about each other and finding their roles. COYRs!!

Tomlin is roaming...all over the place. Where is he stuck out wide? He's been very vocal and Instrumental on where he wants to play...even during games. He even got LJ to swap him and Bryan over in one game.

The problem isn't Tammy or JK...it's Tomlin himself.

He's a class act, but definitely isn't on form at the moment. Even is touch and the simple things are not that good.

If he didn't have the reputation and price tag, and if it was another player, they would have been dropped imo, based on his last 4 performances.

Having watched 3 of the last four games I'd say Tomlin and Matthews are the only two who have disappointed knowing their capabilities.

Little is just Little...you know what you're getting, 100% effort, but not the ability at this level.

Everyone else is playing very well...imo.

• Admin

Thought he was subdued against Wigan, but then LJ said in his post match interview that Tomlin had taken a knock in the warm up and was playing with a dead leg.

He quality was so great last season, I'm guessing some people expect that week in week out?

He will come good and will win us games, imagine with the big crowd and the opposition on Saturday we will see his best game this season so far

Archived