IGNORED

Hordur

SedRA

38 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

His partnership with Flint is staggering as they've played so little football together. Looks like they've played together for ages and decent central defensive partnerships don't usually happen overnight but they've seriously clicked. Both carry a real attacking threat from corners and free kicks too.

A massive plus so early in the campaign

Took 30 minutes v Wigan to understand what it takes at this level.  Looked very assured today and him and Flint seem to understand each other's game.  Was one of my big worries, how quickly he'd settle.  I needn't have worried.

He does strike a lovely ball.  Bit off with a couple today, but the longer the pass the less chance it has if making its target.

thought we shaded the game today, but Newcastle didn't need to force it having got there noses ahead.

Thought he had become a striker at one point when he was spending so long around the Newcastle box - just goes to show how much they sat back and absorbed the pressure. Thought we did well against Newcastle, even if they were only in 2nd / 3rd gear most of the match.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Thought he defended well but his passing was terrible.

Funny that, I thought his passing was excellent! Some didn't come off, but he wouldn't be at Bristol City if every pass he made was successful.

Some of the long passes he made, one stands out in the first half to Freeman I think, were exquisite. Raking balls which curled into the channel where the runner was moving, a high quality skill. 

He will get better too. Needs to get a bit stronger but has all the attributes to play at a high level.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Funny that, I thought his passing was excellent! Some didn't come off, but he wouldn't be at Bristol City if every pass he made was successful.

Some of the long passes he made, one stands out in the first half to Freeman I think, were exquisite. Raking balls which curled into the channel where the runner was moving, a high quality skill. 

He will get better too. Needs to get a bit stronger but has all the attributes to play at a high level.

Totally agree. A rather flawless display, don't think anything needed highlighting as weak because as you point out some of his long passes connected and we have to expect the 'appropriate' hit rate. Looks a gem to me. Our overseas scouts are really paying dividends. 

43 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Well you deserve to be disagreed with. Use of the ball was excellent, looks very comfortable in possession.Obviously making life easier for Flint as an outlet alongside O'Neil , meaning his lumps forward from last season have diminished dramatically.

As for HM 'bulking up', he'll obviously get bigger with age, but I don't think he needs to work at it.

In fact, I think his height and weight ratio, is very good, as well as his technical skills with feet and head. Hie reading of the game, positioning and distribution is fantastic at this level.

All these attributes allow him to out fox his opponents. His body shape and strength in one on one's was superb today.

He had all the attributes of what you see in Italian CB's...his development there is for all to see.

Italian CB's and how they play in Serie A and B are no pushovers...they use their brain, guile and intelligence.

Watch HM's body shape when defending, positioning and intelligent distribution and timing.

I'd say he was technically our best player...not most natural, but with feet and head very gifted.

28 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Totally agree. A rather flawless display, don't think anything needed highlighting as weak because as you point out some of his long passes connected and we have to expect the 'appropriate' hit rate. Looks a gem to me. Our overseas scouts are really paying dividends. 

I've been wondering how long Bournemouth had been watching him for

46 minutes ago, Super said:

Means little coming from you.

Hey, stop having a go at the guy ... he's getting an endless amount of stick today

Favourite moments of the day ... when Hodor ran through a player like roadkill in the first half like he wasn't there and then topped that in the second half by launching the Newcastle sub into a mid air spin like he was swatting an annoying fly off his chest... awesome!!

39 minutes ago, spudski said:

As for HM 'bulking up', he'll obviously get bigger with age, but I don't think he needs to work at it.

In fact, I think his height and weight ratio, is very good, as well as his technical skills with feet and head. Hie reading of the game, positioning and distribution is fantastic at this level.

All these attributes allow him to out fox his opponents. His body shape and strength in one on one's was superb today.

He had all the attributes of what you see in Italian CB's...his development there is for all to see.

Italian CB's and how they play in Serie A and B are no pushovers...they use their brain, guile and intelligence.

Watch HM's body shape when defending, positioning and intelligent distribution and timing.

I'd say he was technically our best player...not most natural, but with feet and head very gifted.

Yeah go along with the bulking up Spud.

Going back a bit that Hansen chap at Liverpool was hardly a monster but he could play a bit.

Watching the rain come and go throughout the match and then stepping out into a gale at the back of the Lansdown Stand at half-time, I would say that conditions were ripe for defensive errors. Thought both Flinty and Hordur did very well in the circumstances.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

One more thing Spud iv noticed you have been quite a critic of Tomlim in the opening games.

What was your view on today.?

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

One more thing Spud iv noticed you have been quite a critic of Tomlim in the opening games.

What was your view on today.?

Thought he was much improved fella....wish he'd keep his mouth shut though and let his football do the talking.

Hopefully he's not someone who will just put in the effort for the big games.

He is talented...but I get the impression he thinks he's better than everyone else, and has a 'billy big bollox demeanor about him.

I hope he keeps improving...one match doesn't make a summer though ;-)

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Improving yes. BUT.

too lightweight and is getting bullied by forwards, also getting beaten in the air numerous times by Gayle is a bit worrying.

Getting bullied by forwards? Are you for real? He was very aggressive and won almost every battle with their forwards today! Come on, let's have different opinions but without talking shit!

Archived