IGNORED

a fair few empty seats

Alan Dicks

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I'm afraid to say but the small group of singers in the Atyeo can't compete with a large away contingent, and they are separated off from the rest of the home fans meaning you can't hear them from the other end of the ground.  If they get over the wanting to stand up thing and just moved to the South Stand, I think they would create a much better atmosphere, they are obviously trying to generate atmosphere and fair play to them, but the simple facts of the matter are that it doesn't work

Agreed, I've got mates that go in there and love what they're trying to do for the club but as you say, it isn't working that well for the stadium as a whole and would love to see what they could add if moved to SS.

18 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I'm afraid to say but the small group of singers in the Atyeo can't compete with a large away contingent, and they are separated off from the rest of the home fans meaning you can't hear them from the other end of the ground.  If they get over the wanting to stand up thing and just moved to the South Stand, I think they would create a much better atmosphere, they are obviously trying to generate atmosphere and fair play to them, but the simple facts of the matter are that it doesn't work

Listening from the lower west/south stand side I thought the Atyeo out sang Newcastle till the last ten minutes.

Pleased that we had a much smaller segregation gap in the Atyeo  yesterday, compared to the excessive gap for the Wigan game.therfore maximising attendance and revenue.

From my position in the Lower West Stand thought the atmosphere was often very loud with the whole ground joining in the "Cider Army " chant for example. However our fans out sung by Newcastle in the Atyeo and I wasn't  able to hear them over the Geordies. The Club should take  the opportunity next season to optimise revenue and bring back the fortress Aston gate atmosphere to our new stadium. Tough decision but the  obvious solution would be to ;

• Create an unreserved singing section behind the South Stand goal (recreating the old EAST END ) )
  • ST holders behind the SS goal the option to move sideways by
  • Moving the family section into the lower Dolman
  • Give the whole Atyeo to away fans, compressing our support together ,therefore opening up the West Upper more often and maximising revenue from larger away followings

Will they be brave enough  to take this step next season?

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

This is always the case, it's because they stand together at the back, creating empty seats at the front. The empty seat look where they are is horrible when looked at from the rest of the stadium.

Really wish they'd move to another stand, adding to the atmosphere there and leaving the whole of that end for away fans. 

It's also due to the 10% reduction in available seats because it is an unreserved area, a further waste of available seating.

100 seats @ £20.00= 2K loss of potential income. 

2 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Pleased that we had a much smaller segregation gap in the Atyeo  yesterday, compared to the excessive gap for the Wigan game.therfore maximising attendance and revenue.

From my position in the Lower West Stand thought the atmosphere was often very loud with the whole ground joining in the "Cider Army " chant for example. However our fans out sung by Newcastle in the Atyeo and I wasn't  able to hear them over the Geordies. The Club should take  the opportunity next season to optimise revenue and bring back the fortress Aston gate atmosphere to our new stadium. Tough decision but the  obvious solution would be to ;

• Create an unreserved singing section behind the South Stand goal (recreating the old EAST END ) )
  • Give the whole Atyeo to away fans, compressing our support together ,therefore opening up the West Upper more often and maximising revenue from larger away followings

Sounds good until you realise that if the singers and flag wavers are in block S22, those on either side of them will then have to stand to see what is happening on the opposite corner. The only sensible places for standing are either in a corner segment or the back rows all along the stand.

This is what a "fair few empty seats" looks like, in my book - Cardiff v Blackburn last week:

image-7.jpeg

image-6.jpeg

image-4.jpeg

image-5.jpeg

Official attendance - 14,041

Actual physical attendance on the night - 10, 063. (:blink:)

Although we can all laugh at them over there right now, this is what we must guard against, as it could happen here too in the future. It all starts and comes from the top, so hats off to Bristolian (!) Steve Lansdown and his team, but the trick is keeping it going (the interest from supporters). Long term, can we be a "Norwich" or will we be a "Cardiff"? 

On 20 August 2016 at 19:38, slartibartfast said:

It may be that some went to explore the Lansdown Upper? I did, sat down in the top row to admire the view, no stewards on hand. I could have stayed there, but decided to return to my Dolmab seat .

I did the same, dunno if it was raining when you went up but I I was surprised how the rain was coming through the back part of the stand. Anyone sat in the back 4/5 rows would have got soaked on sat. 

Sadly mate I'm working in Edinburgh the whole of August.....miss the 2 most important home games of the season (Newcastle\Villa) and I'm not happy about it.....stuck to the BBC app hoping for the best. Its not through choice that my son and I miss these games.....we want to be there but are unable to be there!

The Canaries and The Magpies (quality as well) walked away with a single goal....super happy about this.....now let's stick it Villa and get back non track COYR!!!!!

On 21 August 2016 at 14:57, Marlborough Red said:

How about move the atyeo fans to he west stand lower tier, near the atyeo, lower the cost of 'wing' tickets in the dolman and west stand, give the entire atyeo to the away fans, but bunch lower travelling numbers to the dolman side of the atyeo to create a safe space between the fans. Then open the top tier of the west stand as premium seating.

Best solution I have heard to accommodate the Atyeo singing section is from "Countryfile" on another thread.

Move the family section in the Dolman / South Stand corner to the opposite side in the  Heiineken area and allow Hospitality away fans to also sit there , safe in the knowledge they are surrounded by families.

It's a welcome return to the EAST END for these loyal and vociferous fans.

• Creates extra revenue for the Club with larger away followings now possible with reduced stewarding costs
  • Standing in the corner next to the Dolman  (the EAST END) doesn't spoil anybody's view.
  • Younger fans are distanced from the potentially robust language
  • Away hospitality quests should be much safer in the family environment
  • Currently the high number of empty seats in this family area now filled by flag waving supporters making a better spectacle on TV
  • Atmosphere should spread easily with Dolman fans  and South Stand fans joining the songs.

Bristol Sport - let's do this next season (if not sooner)

Archived