IGNORED

a fair few empty seats

Alan Dicks

Season ticket holders on holiday or choosing not to attend. Perhaps Bristol Sport could bin their plans to Americanise football and spend the cash on a system where a non attending season ticket holder can phone up and obtain a refund with the club being able to charge full price to the person that takes their seat?

There seemed to be a large block in the middle of the Lansdown Stand that was only about half full, where the Platinum seats were in the old Williams stand. Have a lot of these remained unsold because of price? No idea myself but it doesn't look good...

16 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It may be that some went to explore the Lansdown Upper? I did, sat down in the top row to admire the view, no stewards on hand. I could have stayed there, but decided to return to my Dolmab seat .

Damned  - wish I had thought of that... 

35 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It may be that some went to explore the Lansdown Upper? I did, sat down in the top row to admire the view, no stewards on hand. I could have stayed there, but decided to return to my Dolmab seat .

I probably could have sat in the Lansdown upper too, I went into it to take a photo from just outside the vomitory, I said to the steward I was just taking a photo incase he said something (I know what some are like) and he even suggested I got one higher up. 

In the end I took one from where I was and returned to my SS seat

Work commitments are another reason for absentees. As a shift worker I had to take a half days holiday (6 hours) to get to the game today. Even though I have a season ticket,I know that getting time off work when I'm on nights(Tuesdays at Home) or weekend days (2 a month) means losing holidays. The missus ain't happy. Many supporters are in the same boat as me. Work patterns revolve around 24 hours a day and 7days  a week working. 

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

There seemed to be a large block in the middle of the Lansdown Stand that was only about half full, where the Platinum seats were in the old Williams stand. Have a lot of these remained unsold because of price? No idea myself but it doesn't look good...

These were just to my right. I Can't imagine they're unsold - just unused spaces for corporates, VIPs etc?

I had a good close look at the south stand and there a lot of empty seats, around me about 1 in 5 I'd say. But that was the case all last season, every sold out game there were hundred of empty seats all around. The lower tier west stand I thought would have been fuller today, barely anyone in the posh middle seats.

I do wonder if we'll ever see a full Ashton Gate, sell outs yes but full I doubt. Bristol rugby maybe. 

I wish they'd give figures for actual people in the stadium, I'd be surprised if there was 20,000.

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Silly question, but where are the entrances to the upper Lansdown? I'm in the lower area & couldn't see a way from one to the other.

Stairs at both ends of LS (Lots of stairs not good if you have a Heart problem.) 

We had show our tickets to stewards to get to the upper before we started the long climb, we had swapped our ST from the lower to see what it was like. Good view but think we will stay in the lower LS

9 minutes ago, red mist said:

Looking at the empty seats in Lower Lansdown centre area reminded me of club Wembley during internationals. Perhaps it's corporates not attending

That's exactly what I said, hope it gets sorted, infuriating to see the best seats in the house empty.

13 minutes ago, red mist said:

Looking at the empty seats in Lower Lansdown centre area reminded me of club Wembley during internationals. Perhaps it's corporates not attending

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

That's exactly what I said, hope it gets sorted, infuriating to see the best seats in the house empty.

A bit of some not there due to holidays etc. But also not all have been sold (deliberately) so that we still have the ability to sell (at a higher price as early bird ended) and people have the opportunity to buy a seat for a game of their choice with hospitality. 

7 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

A bit of some not there due to holidays etc. But also not all have been sold (deliberately) so that we still have the ability to sell (at a higher price as early bird ended) and people have the opportunity to buy a seat for a game of their choice with hospitality. 

Fair enough, I look toward to seeing them full soon, it will look great.

The Dolman end of the South Stand is the family section, so quite possible that a lot of people have kids tickets that aren't necessarily always used. Maybe a side-effect of a kids season ticket being free with an adult one in that area meaning people took them on a 'just in case' basis?

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Right Hand Red maybe a suggestion to give the train a try.

Think its about thirteen quid return, 30 minutes from Taunton to Bristol and then the local train from Bristol  temple meads to parson street

then March the rest of the way to Ashton Gate

Good idea but there`s five of us mate, £65 against a tenner for fuel between us don`t cut it I`m afraid.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The biggest gap I could see was the front of the atyeo?

This is always the case, it's because they stand together at the back, creating empty seats at the front. The empty seat look where they are is horrible when looked at from the rest of the stadium.

Really wish they'd move to another stand, adding to the atmosphere there and leaving the whole of that end for away fans. 

15 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Season ticket holders on holiday or choosing not to attend. Perhaps Bristol Sport could bin their plans to Americanise football and spend the cash on a system where a non attending season ticket holder can phone up and obtain a refund with the club being able to charge full price to the person that takes their seat?

Ironically that system exists in American sport!

15 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

OMG

Half the time BCFC can't even get the sale of a normal match day ticket right . 

It would be like asking King Herod to pop round to babysit your first born son.

36 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

This is always the case, it's because they stand together at the back, creating empty seats at the front. The empty seat look where they are is horrible when looked at from the rest of the stadium.

Really wish they'd move to another stand, adding to the atmosphere there and leaving the whole of that end for away fans. 

I'm afraid to say but the small group of singers in the Atyeo can't compete with a large away contingent, and they are separated off from the rest of the home fans meaning you can't hear them from the other end of the ground.  If they get over the wanting to stand up thing and just moved to the South Stand, I think they would create a much better atmosphere, they are obviously trying to generate atmosphere and fair play to them, but the simple facts of the matter are that it doesn't work

Archived