IGNORED

Matthews 'Poised' for a month out

Fjmcity

Bad news for the team, even worse use of the English language..

"now, we've used 'set' for an injury lay off far too often, ere, pass me the thesaurus.. ahh poised, what a perfect way to describe someone being injured for a month"

In fact, with a hamstring injury I am sure he is anything but poised.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/upper-tier-open-for-villa-clash-3266502.aspx

Ironically, title edited for spelling Matthews wrong.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I personally think this is a blessing in disguise. Would love to see Korey establish a place in the R B position.

I agree and have said the same for a while on here, got all the attributes. Would allow Pack and GoN to establish themselves as the best pairing in CM, strangely pack hasn't been playing as much as he should've been. Maybe LJ doesn't rate him as highly as I do. 

36 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I agree and have said the same for a while on here, got all the attributes. Would allow Pack and GoN to establish themselves as the best pairing in CM, strangely pack hasn't been playing as much as he should've been. Maybe LJ doesn't rate him as highly as I do. 

Agreed. Lets not forget Korey played a full season at RB in Norwich's promotion to the Prem a few seasons back.

Good points Shtanley and RCB...you've probably gathered from previous threads that I don't rate AM playing here.

He has all the ability, but imo, from what I've witnessed I don't think his heart is in it.

Korey would be great at RB for me. Leaving Pack, GoN and Reid to cover CM...plus KS can also play there if needed :-)

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Good points Shtanley and RCB...you've probably gathered from previous threads that I don't rate AM playing here.

He has all the ability, but imo, from what I've witnessed I don't think his heart is in it.

Korey would be great at RB for me. Leaving Pack, GoN and Reid to cover CM...plus KS can also play there if needed :-)

Presumably you rate AM over Little though? Whether or not AM particularly enjoys playing here he's still an exceptional RB for this division. I think Smith can be as good, although I'm not sure how much straight line speed he has. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Presumably you rate AM over Little though? Whether or not AM particularly enjoys playing here he's still an exceptional RB for this division. I think Smith can be as good, although I'm not sure how much straight line speed he has. 

Oh yes...AM does have ability. Much more than ML. Just wish he'd combine his ability with ML's 100% commitment. Then we might see the best of him.

Plus, it's not just about ability as you know. It's about 'fitting in' and not ruffling feathers.

He looks sullen, disinterested, not one to get involved with the other players, poor body language, and goes hiding in games.

The fact he came back from Summer so unfit also tells a story imo.

Think he's gutted he's not in the Prem anymore.

10 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

Agreed. Lets not forget Korey played a full season at RB in Norwich's promotion to the Prem a few seasons back.

Few people on here keep saying this. He never played RB once for Norwich. Russell Martin played every game at RB that season. Korey made 20 or so appearances, mainly as a substitute and played in midfield.

4 hours ago, Ocotbc said:

Few people on here keep saying this. He never played RB once for Norwich. Russell Martin played every game at RB that season. Korey made 20 or so appearances, mainly as a substitute and played in midfield.

I think people are confusing it with him playing RB for Oldham, where he went after Norwich.

Funnily enough his manager then was Lee Johnson

Archived