IGNORED

No Kodjia in the squad today...

DaveF

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Was just about to ask the same. I think he's off mate. No idea where, but will be surprised if he's with us post Wednesday

He's gone. To Derby.

Had this happened last year I'd have been really worried. 

But after the summer we've had I fully expect us to have someone lined up already as replacement. 

Infact im comforted by the fact that JK hasn't already gone, because we're getting the next lined up before we allow him to leave. 

Farewell JK if true. Loved watching you, but £10-14m is excellent business after 13 months. 

Other clubs will no we having money burning a hole and will over inflate prices for a forward; and with the clock ticking to the window closes we better get this right or we will be playing the gas next season.

7 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Ashton coming up trumps again. Great negotaiting to get that sort of fee. Don't doubt we've a replacement lined up too. 

We better had or we will be up that creek

Put it another way. If Kodjia wasn't our player but we knew everything we know about him, and we were asked to pay £14m to have him here, would you rather have the player or the money?

I think you'd have to think twice about it at the very least, but my instinct is that it's a better deal for us than it is for Derby.

Just now, glos old boy said:

We better had or we will be up that creek

A few years back I might have been worried but I don't believe we hadn't been expecting this to happen -  especially one SL named his price. 

Archived